Hamdyman / Stole money

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

I hired JASON HOLMES OF HOLMES HOME IMPROVEMENTS AND HANDYMAN. I had him sign a written proposal explaining work he would do and amount he would be paid. He gave me a business card that said he was licensed and insured. He was very friendly I believed he was a very nice man. I am 83 years old and I have learned to be careful and get everything in writing. He said he didn't have any money to buy supplies so I gave him $550.00 for paint and a few strips of siding to put on trim.
He power washed a strip that had green moss on it because I told him that he cant stain over that. He did a horrible job and still was green, My daughter came down and power washed it in a few minutes. I have a log home and he showed up twice with stain ready to stain house. Both days it was very cloudy out and was supposed to rain both days. I told him he couldn't stain on those two days because directions on can says make sure you don't put stain on if it is going to rain. He never showed up after that he kept my money and didn't answer the phone. He is a crook and is very nice until he gets your money then he is gone. I found out he doesn't have a license or insurance and still advertising in news papers.
Now that I see he does horrible work I am glad he didn't come back he probably would have gotten stain all over deck . If you hire someone named Jason Holmes don't let him say this report isn't about him. . He is a con man he gives you business card saying he is licensed and insured. He signs contracts give drivers license and the law is still letting him get away with this I am going to make report on BBB ( Better Business Bureau) next.

Comments

• Br
      25th of Apr, 2012

File a lien on his property/ business and take him to court.

25th of Apr, 2012

I'm 83 and not in good health I would have to hire lawyer and take him to court. The lady on other complaint said the Inspectors said he doesn't have license so why aren't they doing something>? I want to at least warn other people .

25th of Apr, 2012

It is $550.00 I lost it would cost me more than that to take him to court.

• Br
      25th of Apr, 2012

You don't need a lawyer for small claims court and you could sue him for the court costs also. Contact your state's Attorney General, they may be able to help you.

25th of Apr, 2012

Ok thank you Brenda. I think posting might help a few people . I told you (Facts Only ) Im in bad health and Im bed ridden most the time so yes it is easy way out. Wait til you are 83 then you will see..

25th of Apr, 2012

Hopefulyl (facts Only) you will be in good health and can. I still think putting on internet complaints will help I know from now on I will go online and check out BBB and cpmplaint boards before I hire anyone. I wish that everyone that has been ripped of would complain on here and warn others.

25th of Apr, 2012

I usually listen to reviews and I really like when there are reviews of services or products. I wish I had looked up Jason before hiring him, I don't see how a review on Jason Holmes warning people of him will do harm. (maybe harm to his business) This is what the Complaint Board is for you are here to tell people not to write complaints? I will be checking everyone out who does any work for me from now on. If I see warnings about someone like ones on here I would never use them. If this report saves one person from being ripped off by Jason it is worth it.

25th of Apr, 2012

Whats the matter FACTS ONLY someone write a complaint about you lol.