Halo German Shepherds / Sick puppy

1 Vidalia, United States Review updated:

I bought this pup, a white shepherd, in January of 2010 over the internet. On the site it said she was a Chirstian breeder and was not a puppy mill, The pics on her site were beautiful, we drove down to pick up the pup on News Years day, and what I saw was nothing like the pics on her site. She had about forty female whites in one large fenced in area, about 3 to 6 months old.
she had about 20 6-10 pens with no cover on the top and nothing but wire on the bottom. In the pens she either had a large male and female together or a female with pups. It was horrable. The pup she brought me, looked like he was only about 5 weeks old and acted sick, When I questioned her she said she had just wormed him and he was a little sick. I brought him home, because I knew he would not make there. We lost him within 10 days after spending 3000.00 trying to save him. I got no paperwork with him and never got my AKC papers. I contacted AKC, and got no help, same thing with the animal control in that county, or from the state. I was heart broken. I breed white shepherds and I only breed 1 male and 1 female once a year. I do not sell any pup without my vet seeing them. If all states would make it mandortory for et check. All puppy mills would close, and a lot of your large kennels would to. No pet should be sold to the public without a clean bill of health.

Ga
Aug 13, 2013

Comments

• Di
      13th of Aug, 2013

What a looser complaint 3 years later, people like u make me sick

14th of Aug, 2013

Gayle Rose is a liar and a scammer. She is a competitor breeder and cant do well unless she discredits others. According to the vet records she sent me, the puppy that died was much older than the one she bought from me. My AKC inspector read the vet record and said that the puppy must have swallowed a foreign object and that was its cause of death. Still, it was NOT the one she bought from me.What a fake you are Gayle!!

14th of Aug, 2013

If ANYONE would like to see the vet records and pictures that I received from Gayle's vet proving that it was NOT the puppy that she got from me, you are welcome to see them. Guess Gayle didnt figure someone would forward this to me. I kept the records and pictures for future reference!!! Shame on you, Gayle!!!

14th of Aug, 2013

Are your puppy sales not gping well for you Gayle?

14th of Aug, 2013

To the unsuspecting person, Gayles story pulls at your heart strings. The problem is that there are so many lies being presented as facts, which is defamation. This is against the law and will be handled by a my attorney. I am so glad this site requires identification of postetrs. I have all of Gayle's contact info here, but wouldnt have known who she was if names weren't required.

14th of Aug, 2013

In essence, apparently one of Gayle's own puppies got sick and she tried to extract $3, 000 from me. But the vet was diligent enough to take the puppy's picture and documented its age, which PROVED it was way older than the puppy she got from me. In addition, she did not contact me at all until AFTER the puppy died. In that email, she was asking for papers for a puppy that had already died. Why would she do that? Hmmmm...

• Sh
      28th of Oct, 2013

this is not good!

29th of Nov, 2013

I'm a trainer in middle Georgia and have had several Halo German Shepherds in for training. All of them have had temperament issues and two have known health issues. This breeder claims that her dogs' hips are "vet checked" which is NOT the same as OFA certified. Her claim to fame is a Rin Tin Tin ancestry. I see no health testing like OFA, thyroid, cardiac, or optic screenings. A friend of mine bought a white female from this breeder seven years ago and she has major health issues, one of which is a genetic liver abnormality. No one can have that many dogs and breed them responsibly or put them in good homes.

You are NOT a trainer!!!

30th of Nov, 2013

Who are you? If your friend had a real complaint, why did it take 7 years for you.to.say something? FYI Griffin is not in middle GA and you only joined this site because you are a jealous competitor. You are NOT a real trainer. You attempt to scam people out of information.

30th of Nov, 2013

You are only a jealous competitor!!

1st of Dec, 2013

You are just angry because I exposed your scam that you had going on. People like you should be barred from this sight. You dont even have a business but you are a big liar!

• Re
      12th of Jan, 2014

I am not a breeder. I rescue, and I love shepherds. There are many shepherds in rescue and at the pound, a lot of them white. I have a rescued white shep now. German shepherds are special dogs and not for everyone. They are smart, sensitive, alert, sweet dogs with moderate to high exercise needs. German shepherds are easily trained.
    I have a few questions for Halo. What kind of training and socialization do your puppies receive? Do you show real pictures of your facility on your web site? How is a breeding business a Christian outreach? Isn't a Christian outreach an act of kindess for which you expect nothing in return? What Christian principles do you use in the way you run your business? What Christian principles do you use in the way you respond to people on this site?
    Adding dogs to a world with a pet overpopulation problem isn't good stewardship. More than likely a large percentage of German shepherds in this area, as well as other areas, are descended from Rin Tin Tin and other famous/champion dogs (and don't even know it) unless you are sending all of yours out spayed and neutered.
    I would really appreciate answers, but I just hope that people will CONSIDER A RESCUED SHEP, NOT A PURCHASED ONE. THE POUNDS ARE FULL OF THEM. MY RESCUED GIRL LIVED TO BE 14, NO HEALTH OR TEMPERAMENT ISSUES UNTIL THE VERY END OF HER LIFE. CURRENT BOY SHEP IS CALM AND STABLE, SUPER SMART, NO HEALTH ISSUES. ADOPT, DON'T SHOP.

• Ka
      1st of Jun, 2014

We also adopted from Halo. The conditions of her facilities were horrible. I felt we couldn't leave without at least saving one puppy.
    She went on and on about the whole "Rin Tin Tin" family line with us too.
    She promised us she would mail us our dog's paper work, but she never did.
    She had way too many dogs at her home, and they were all in pens outside. There is no way she can give enough attention to that many dogs.
    The fact that she considers herself a Christian breeder, yet she attacks people on this site is very interesting.

16th of Jun, 2014

This person did not purchase a dog from me. We are licensed and inspected by the state of GA. Our dogs and facility are in excellent condition!

• Sn
      8th of Nov, 2018

@Halo 2 Your "facility" is a 1 acre lot crammed with igloos all outside around your house!. Are your numbers under 200 yet in your yard since you've hid the others in another county. What's your total all together now? Are you still up there around the 300-500 total. Heck of a lot of dogs for 1 woman to care for in my opinion! No breeders license anymore? Goodness gracious Buttercup, there are actually folks in this world who knows about you!

16th of Jun, 2014

We have tons of happy customers! People cowardly use and abuse this site to slander honest hard-working breeders.

16th of Jun, 2014

Many complaints on this site are not validated nor generated from verified purchasers. Consumers may consult the state agricultural departments to determine if breeders meet state requirements for licsensure. DONT RELY UPON POSTS FROM LIARS, COMPETITORS, OR SCAMMERS whose only desires are to slander, extort, and deceive. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH THROUGH VALID GOVERNING BODIES.

To Karla927:
    I sent you a message through this site. I am waiting for a call from you so that I may determine who you really are. Don't be a coward. Pick up the phone and call.

17th of Jun, 2014

Hello Dear Lady. Note from Greyson De Saye in Va. We just picked up our pup on 3rd June 2014. We Wanted to tell you How Smart lil Haun is he is already a master of Sit, Lay down, Watch Alert, learning Guard as well he also is learning to be house broken very fast he also is playing well with his lil 2lb Brother El CID the pup and his Kitty Fam. Raven and Bigsworth ! He is a Very Sharp lil guy and we are Very Happy ! I have not seen a Dog as sharp as this Guy ! Thank you again for being up so late . God Bless You . To all who read this these Dogs are Blessed you will be very Happy:-) Grey in Va.

• Sn
      8th of Nov, 2018

@Halo 2 Angela, stop making a fool of yourself on here. Why are you posting your own glowing reviews instead of the actual buyers? Duh...

17th of Jun, 2014

Note from Greyson De Saye in VA. We just picked up our pup on 3rd June 2014. We Wanted to tell you How Smart little Haun is. He is already a master of Sit, Lay down, Watch Alert, learning Guard as well he also is learning to be house broken very fast he also is playing well with his little 2lb Brother El CID the pup and his Kitty Family. Raven and Bigsworth ! He is a Very Sharp little guy and we are Very Happy ! I have not seen a Dog as sharp as this Guy ! Thank you again for being up so late . God Bless You . To all who read this these Dogs are Blessed you will be very Happy:-) Grey in VA.