HalfPricedMags.com / Hopefully others won't lose money from this cheating company!

I placed an order with halfpricedmags.com on August 3rd, 2006. After waiting the 8-12 weeks for my subscription to arrive, I began contacting the company to attempt to resolve the problem. I just submitted a fourth request today in an attempt to get either my subscription or my money back. I've not received a response to any of my previous communications so I'm not holding my breath--hopefully others won't lose money on this same scam from this cheating company.

Va

Comments

20th of Oct, 2007
    HalfPricedMags.com - Did not receive subscriptions

Ordered two subscriptions in July and have not received either of them yet. They also do not answer any correspondence. They are an absolute scam company. They should be charged with fraud and cheating the public.

1st of Nov, 2007
    HalfPricedMags.com - subscription not fulfilled

Well after reading the complaints here I'm beginning to think I've been ripped off. No issues of a magazine subscription and 3 "help desk" tickets generated with no response after they were generated. Its very easy to set up "help desk" software that will generate tickets.
    I did find another complaint board that had some real contact info like the owners name, address, phone numbers. He replied with his email address. Here's the site-

This company has a NY address. I suggest that we all contact the NYS Attorney General's office about this company.

• Ap
      5th of Nov, 2007

I ordered 4 magazines from half priced mags around 7 months ago and have receive nothing they took my money. Every time I try to contact them they tell me the same thing. I will have to have a new ticked and wait 6-7 more weeks... So now I warn everybody online to watch them they are ###.

• De
      10th of Nov, 2007
    HalfPricedMags.com - No product was received!
    www.halfpricedmags.com

I placed an order for four different magazines in March 2007, and I still have yet to receive any of the items. I have attempted to contact HalfPricedMags customer service via email over 6 times in the past 8 months, but I have yet to receive any personalized reply. The company provides no phone number or address on their website for additional contacts, so you're deceived into believing that someone will actually read your customer service email inquiries.

It has become clearly evident based upon my own experience, as well as reading other consumer complaints, that HalfPricedMags makes an unethical habit out of taking people's money without providing ANY product or service.

I will be researching how to file a Class Action Lawsuit against the company given the enormous amount of consumers who have had similar experiences. In the meantime, DON"T SUPPORT THIS COMPANY or you will run the same risk of being ripped off!!!

17th of Nov, 2007

I ordered several magazines from Half Priced Mags in October 2006 for Christmas presents last year and I have been totally frustrated at all the contacts I have tried with them. I was out about a hundred dollars and a lot of embarrassing comments from the ones who were suppose to receive the subscriptions as gifts. You can be assured that I will be contacting the New York State Attorney General's office. The company should be banned from any advertising.

• Ly
      28th of Nov, 2007

I agree with your post and hope that others are not ripped off by this company. I order 2 subscriptions in July '07 and as of Nov had not received anything. I tried contacting the company thru their website, which is a joke and then I turned to the Internet to see what experiences others had. In the process, I found the following post:

"This is Joel Simkhai the owner of MagsForLess.
    Please email me directly at [protected]@magsforless.com if you have any open issues. I will make sure that your issue is resolved to your satisfaction. "

I e-mailed this address on 11/15/07 and had a return e-mail and money returned to my bank account within 5 days. I would advise giving it a try. Make sure you include your order numbers in your e-mail.

Hope this helps you guys out!

• Je
      23rd of Dec, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. If you have not already contacted the NY AG, here is the information to file an online complaint:

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information:

Joel Simkhai
    41 W 72nd Street, 10G
    New York, NY 10023
    888-720-6298

Also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Division at: www.ic3.gov

• Je
      23rd of Dec, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. He is operating several SCAM magazine subscription services from a NY address.

Please consider filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office online at:

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information when making the complaint:

Joel Simkhai
    41 W 72nd Street, 10G
    New York, NY 10023
    888-720-6298

There is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint. Nevertheless, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

• Ro
      15th of Jan, 2008

This is the first time I've been scammed and I hope it will be the last time. I ordered magazines in Aug '07 and of course never received them and got the run around from that believable but useless help center on their website. Well, now I decided to get some information on this company and it looks like this has been going on since 2003. It is really a shame that this company is still in business. I've learned my lesson. For now on research before I buy and if I company doesn't have a phone number and/or address on there website go the other way.

• Le
      13th of Feb, 2008

Got me too. Paid in June of 2007. Complained multiple times. A multitude of "help desk" responses saying I'd be contacted in 3-5 days which didn't happen. I'll try filing with the N.Y. atty general----we'll see what happens

• Jf
      22nd of Feb, 2008

HalfPricedMags was unable to fill my subscriptions for Vanity Fair but after a few emails between myself and HalfPricedMags they came through with a full refund. I have ultimately had a very positive experience dealing with them!"

6th of Mar, 2008

I ordered 145.00 worth of magazines on May 7, 2007, but none of them came. I placed my order through "google checkout" and I will follow up with them and with my credit card. I've written to hpm but no response, so looks like it is a scam. Obviously a company to steer clear of. I've had better luck with www.discountpress.com -- the one magazine I ordered was delivered about 8 weeks later and is still coming.

5th of Jun, 2008

If I understand the posts above, mags 4 cheap is affiliated with halfprice mags. I ordered a magazine which came with a free subscription. I received the magazine I paid for but I never got the free magazine. After repeated emails I received a reply the it would begin shortly. I finally called the magazine I was to receive for free & there was no record of me or mags 4 cheap having placed the order. that was 7 months ago.

SCAM ARTISTS. Do not do business with mags4cheap.

• Sm
      1st of Dec, 2008
    HalfPricedMags.com - Took the money no service!!
    Half Priced Magazines
    halfpricedmags.com

I purchased a subscription through this company in July 2007. Since then I have been promised delivery and given apologies for losing my order (in a number of times) and as of yet no delivery. I have a number of emails going back and forth that they keep promising the delivery in three to six weeks, which never comes!!

Stay away from these people, they will take your money and do nothing for you... calling the supposed business a fraud is taking it really easy on them... The pricing they show you is great, but when the money is taken you are not going to see any delivery!!! STAY AWAY from them...

• Li
      13th of Apr, 2011
    HalfPricedMags.com - NEver received magazines
    HalfPricedMags.com

I ordered a subscription from HalfPricedMags.com back in March. I didn't receive anything from HalfPricedMags.com and the magazine within 2 months of the order so I contacted the magazine's customer service to ask about the status of my order. They told me that they cannot find it.

I then contacted the HalfPricedMags.com customer service requesting a refund but received no reply. I started doing research on the internet and found many people having terrible experiences with this company. Finally HalfPricedMags.com wrote back to me saying they can only give me a credit for a future purchase with them!