HalfMania.com / Not working site!

HalfMania.com website was included when i was searching other sites for ipods. The options were as follows:

Choose 3 of the following offers (e.g., entertainment weekly, etc, etc, etc). Once these companies have verified that you have chosen their product, you are given credit. Once credit has been verified for all three products, you receive your ipod at 50% off. They have 90 days to verify and complete the transaction.

My complaint is that when attempting to verify this, i am sent to a page that basically tells me i can not access information. Although i still have time until the 90 days has expired, i have a feeling that i will never see the ipod.

Comments

• Er
      2nd of Apr, 2007

Halfmania scammed me!

I completed the two necessary offers for an iPod shuffle. I paid $45.00 ($40 for iPod + $5.00 for shipping) via PayPal on March 5, 2007. This is the only payment choice you get.

A week later I checked the status which said: "Uh oh! Sorry, this item has been put on hold by Customer Service. Click here for more information." Clicking there does not give you any information; it just takes you back to the product page.

I emailed them three times, but never got a response. I used the "contact us" button on their website; I replied to the email I got from them stating my product had been ordered (HalfMania@my-account-info.com); and I used the email address that PayPayl has listed as their customer service email (orders@gratisinternet.com). Gratis Internet is the company that payment is sent to when you click on the "pay via paypal" button on Halfmania.com's website.

I then found an address for them (Halfmania.com, Ben Franklin Station, P.O. Box 14461, Washington DC 20044-4461) listed at the bottom of their Terms & Conditions page and sent them a letter. I sent it certified mail (USPS # 70053110000011602638), return receipt so I would know when they received it. According to the post office, the letter has not been picked up and has been sitting in their mailbox since March 23, 2007.

My PayPal transaction details for this $45 transaction shows a phone number for Gratis Internet: 202.350.9919. This number rings 4 times then gets picked up by voicemail with this message: "The person at extension 719 is unavailable. Please leave your message after the tone." The message I left at this number has not been returned.

In addition, the email address I registered with Halfmania.com has been receiving about 20 spam messages every day. At first these messages had a link to remove your address from the sender's list. Now I have been receiving spam with no removal link. Also, much of the spam I am now getting is of a sexually explicit nature.

This was a $45 lesson that not only is nothing free, it's not half-priced either.

• Ju
      3rd of Apr, 2007

Sub: Halfmania - misleading site

Halfmania is a good idea gone wrong. First clue- NO PHONE line to communicate. I emailed several times in a two day period and have not heard back after 3 days of submitting.

This site offers half price on brand name items for purchase of products or services from their sponsors. The huge problem here is that they only have a handful of sponsors. So you are forced to purchase from clubs or products you may have no interest in. Also, every time you make a purchase you have to start all over by purchasing from the same sponsors. The higher the ticket price the more you are required to purchase.
    Again, they only have about 15 sponsors!

If they emailed within a 24 hour period to answer questions or had a phone line it would appear more legitimate.

• La
      7th of Apr, 2007

HalfMania... unresponsive, very suspicious at this point..I am 2/3's in to the product pick stage, only one confirmed my credit..can't connect to citi bank... broken web link, Citi bank no help (yet) half off? Rip off I am afraid.

22nd of Apr, 2007

Gotta disagree with your guys on this one. I used this site to get an iPod shuffle and was pretty pleased with the site overall. Originally heard about it from a friend who had a similarly good experience.

• Ka
      25th of Apr, 2007

It's been over two weeks, and I was trying to get a Canon PowerShot Camera. I have completed the three purchases required from sponsors, but as of yet only two have updated on Halfmania's site. Now I find out that one of the sponsors is not listed anymore, and it's asking me to pick another offer! I have sent them three e-mails, and haven't gotten any response.

This is starting to sound like a scam. During this time I've already found the PowerShot at a pretty good price and purchased it. I'm trying to return the VideoProfessor CD (doesn't work on my Mac), and trying to figure out how to return the T-shirt. I think tomorrow I'll call Entertainment Weekly and cancel that too.

I'm frustrated with halfmania's lack of response... I've heard of people who have actually purchased things through them, but this "quick shipment" seems like a farce. Halfmania, if you're listening... PROVE ME WRONG! Please respond!

27th of Apr, 2007

I am waiting for a playstation 2. The order has been in the ordered state for 7 business days (they say on their website that it should only take 3-5 business days to fulfill the order). I have completed 3 offers and paid for the ps2. I have called and emailed several times without response. I am getting nervous.

27th of Apr, 2007

The PayPal contact information for the HalfMania transaction was, BTW:

orders@gratisinternet.com
    202-350-9919

• Dc
      28th of Apr, 2007

Have no idea if it is a scam, but hope they don't use personal data

• Me
      5th of May, 2007

I have completed the offers and it hasn't acknowledged that they are complete. I have sent numerous emails asking for assistance with no reply. I am considering contacting the companies that allow their names to be associated with HalfMania.com because it is a terrible setup and an irresponsible company. I suggest you stay far far far away.

14th of May, 2007

I have also been submitting emails to both Halfmania and Gratis Internet about getting the product I ordered. I have heard nothing back at all. I completed three offers and this was promptly acknowledged by Halfmania. However, then the product was "Uh-Oh" unavailable. I would have to say big ol' scam at this point. I find it odd that Citibank would associate with such a company.

• Ke
      20th of May, 2007

I ordered the Dinosaur, waterfall and Aquarium screen savers and I have not received the Aquarium one as yet, please send me this one, thank you, love the other two, thanks guys.

• Ca
      21st of Jul, 2007

I really wish that I had read this before getting tangled up in this mess. Yes, I believe it is a scam, as most people believe. I am canceling all the offers and will never go to that site again. They will not respond to any of my e-mails and now. Won't even let me sign in with the same info that had worked always before.

STAY AWAY, PEOPLE !

• Kc
      23rd of Jul, 2007
    HalfMania.com - They never have responded!

Here's a copy of an email exchange with the crooks at halfmania today.

ME= "When I finally get to the point that I find out what your sponsors want me to do and I don't think it's for me, am I still obligated or can I say no thanks and cancel the deal?"

Them= "From: The HalfMania Team [mailto:halfmania.com@my-customer-service.net]
    Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 12:39 PM
    To: kazots
    Subject: Re: Question

Thank you for contacting us. Every offer provider is different. If you have questions about the requirements or obligations of a specific offer, please contact the offer provider directly.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you require any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    The Halfmania.com Support Team"

ME= "Every offer is different?? What are you, a politician or a lawyer? Mine was a pretty straight forward question. How about a straight forward answer?

This is the yes or no part of the question. Does your answer mean that I MIGHT be obligated to pay or participate in whatever they decide even before knowing what the particulars of the offer entail? "

Them="Thank you for contacting us,

Sorry we were unable to answer your question. The details of each offer are listed online, please read the offers carefully before signing up for them. If you read over the offer, you will be able to see what is necessary to receive credit for it. When you receive credit for an offer your account will be notified.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us,

Sincerely,
    Team ShopFreePay

Last email="http://halfmania.com/Browse/Product/?d=1&aid=35&av=Nintendo&pid=
    6091&t=Nintendo_Nintendo_DS_Lite_Coral_Pink&dmid=2

OK. Perhaps I’m just thick. Go to the link above and please direct me to where “what is necessary to receive credit for it” is displayed. I can’t find it.

They never have responded. I smell a very large rodent in the area!

• Ly
      25th of Jul, 2007

Oh No! I wish I too had read this beforehand. I began the process on 7-5-07, I believe, and was going for the new i phone. I got the uh oh message too that it was backordered. I've sent 5 emails. No response. I just want an estimated ship date. I knew going into it that it was risky. I actually am happy with my Blockbuster subscription and won't be canceling it, but will probably cancel the others that are expensive (the monthly wine selection, etc.) I guess now I am afraid that if they say the i phone is available and take my $300 Paypal payment... will it ever come? I'm still hopeful!

Lynne

26th of Jul, 2007

When you do a google search for this "rip-off" company just click on there sponsored link... they have to pay google anywhere from 1.50 - 5.00 a click on there sponsored link... rip that off halfmania.com...

• Ke
      28th of Jul, 2007
    HalfMania.com - They ripped me off so I looked around!

Signed up for 1/2Price Ipod and did their offers to comply. Now no response.
    Really look at their company, they are laughing at us to promote more advertisers worldwide.

Gratis Internet has pioneered the incentive marketing industry. Today, Gratis continues to build upon its innovative performance-based model to excel at global customer acquisition and lead generation. Gratis Internet over the last six years has consistently generated high quality traffic world-wide through its network. The Gratis team has a solid track and deep industry relationships with many of the world’s top advertisers and publishers. Gratis can deliver cost-effective online marketing campaigns for advertisers of all sizes and across diverse industry verticals in over 25 different countries around the world.

Gratis Internet is privately held and currently has no outside investors. Gratis Internet has offices in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, CA. Gratis Internet was one of the fastest growing companies in the US according to Inc Magazine, achieving a Top 100 ranking in 2004 and a Top 20 in 2005.

Gratis Internet
    700 12th St NW, Suite 1050
    Washington, DC 20005

1. Management Team
    2. Contact

So I Did

Please have one of your Advertising Team members contact me in reference to advertising packages in the US and Canada to start.

Thank You. We will be in touch shortly.

I think I will get their lawyers Firms name, email me if you want to know what happened.

• Pr
      28th of Jul, 2007

We, my wife and i, completed all of the offers for the iphone and two months later several offers remain unverified. We have communicated with them, sent them faxes of proof of purchase, and the offers are still unverified. When we email we just get back a form letter, warning us that we are committing fraud if our statements are not true and complaints will be resolved in 7 to 15 days. We plan to cancel the offers with the various vendors, some of which we liked, and name Halfmania as the problem. We will give them another week and then this scam is over for us.

• Di
      27th of Aug, 2007

I agree with everything most people have posted. I have the same bad experience of waiting about 25 days to get credit for one offer while having received the object of the offer itself at home. Additionally, I have tried a number of times to get response to questions I had e-mailed to this phantom company, and never gotten any. VERY DISAPPOINTED I did not check the website before I started filling the HALFMA-PH-IA conditions and paying for stuff I actually do NOT need.

11th of Sep, 2007
    HalfMania.com - Scam
    United Kingdom

Halfmania.co.uk is a SCAM, and this email needs to be read carefully by anyone considering using them. I know of 3 people as well as myself, who have followed all the steps to obtain cheap/discounted products - but due to some excuse from Halfmania have ended up receiving nothing

In my personal experience, I completed three marketing offers - Two betting websites, and one household insurance - I successfully completed all the registration etc. and was told by Halfmania that I could now access the site to obtain my half price playstation 3. HOWEVER when trying to fill in the form to complete the process, it kept on coming up with postcode 'not recognized'. Now initially I though, fair enough maybe this is just an error. I emailed Halfmania and they said they where aware of the problem and would fix it ASAP. HOWEVER three months later and it is still not 'fixed' and the time has expired for when I can claim the product. I have repeatedly contacted Halfmania with my full address and postcode so that they can complete the offer manually without the website, but my emails have been ignored. I'm 30 years old and old enough to realize they could not have fixed this (deliberate) 'problem' if they wanted to. It is clearly a problem that has been made up to avoid completing the transaction.

The three other people I know have had similar experiences - but with different excuses - For example Halfmania stating they where out of stock, but would contact them soon. Nothing is heard for three months, and the time limit expires.

If you use HALFMANIA there will be some excuse why the transaction won't complete, they will make up something to avoid completing the transaction. IT IS A SCAM, and it annoys me that they carry on business. Do not use the service.

15th of Sep, 2007
    HalfMania.com - Fradulent business practices!

Halfmania is not a creditable business organization, to say the very least! It took two months to receive a Apple macbook. and I almost didn't get it! Everytime you fulfilled the required number of sponsors they would increase the number. They got very upset when I mentioned this to them. There is no way of communicating with them. They give you LINKS that dont work. I waited for the shipment of my Apple macbook for over two weeks. They didn't answer my emails. I attempted to communicate with their parent corp., Gratis Internet Inc., only to find out that, they were under investigation by the State of N.Y... for large privacy breach!

What saved me was PAYPAL, they resolved this nightmare in 24 hrs. and I received my Apple macbook almost immeditly. So this is really a testimonial to PAYPAL!