I have subscribed 4 magazines with this merchant in June 14, 2007. It charged my credit cards immediately. I printed an electronical copy back then. Based on information on my order record on that copy, I look up its web site for "View My Orders", I see my order is in their database. I made another electronical copy. I then sent email to this merchant for its response. Yes, email from them says to wait another week or so.
Just curious if anyone of you have tried to look up your order in its web site. (Of course, you have to register as I have done.) If we all see our orders in its database, that may be a good evidence to fight. Together with these evidence, we may have a case for any further actions. Hopefully is acceptable one.
If you think this is workable and willing to help, please
1. register to its web site if you have not yet, (www.halfpricedmag.com or any other alias sites it used on your order or from your credit card statement. Like my case, it is www.my1mag.com)
2. log into and go to "View My Orders" and "View Order Details", print them in .pdf format (go to www.primopdf.com for free copy);
3. You can then send a copy to me via email.
4. Go to your credit card company (if you paid by credit card.) or go to your bank company web site (if you paid by check). print your statement records. Preferably in .pdf format.
5. send me a copy of it too.
6. I plan to act as the followings.
This is my plan:
1. send email (also USPS mail) with these evidence to this merchant for a response. Request them a response to all of us who join this effort.
2. Register this issue to BBB in New York if it does not provide an acceptable solution. (that should be a good case/ issue for anyone else to view on BBB. I bet people will think twice before doing business with this merchant.)