Half Off Depot / Unable to get refung within the proper time period

I purchased a gift card from Half Off Depot for a salon in Orlando, Fl. I was able to print up a voucher with a bar code for it immediately after paying, so I called the salon to make an appointment and was told they do not work with Half Off Depot any longer. I contacted their customer service and spoke to a woman named Riley, who said she would call the business to see if they would still honor the voucher, and if not I would be refunded because I was well within the 90-day return period. Riley said she would call me back as well as email me to let me know what happened.
One week later, I still have not gotten an email or phone call, I left another message for her, and now I can't even access the costumer service information on the website. When I click it the site just goes back to the homepage. I am also supposed to have another gift card arriving in the mail for a local restaurant, and have yet to receive it.

Comments

• Js
      28th of Dec, 2010

I had a similar problem - they obviously do not want long term business. The vendor referred me back to Half Off Depot and HOD told me to talk to the vendor.

When I asked for a refund since I did not use the voucher, they said they could not. I asked them where my money went since I did not receive the product or a refund, I did not get any response. I would have hoped they would refund or credit a portion of the voucher.

I value good customer service and they have a very poor level of customer service and I would not recommend them to anyone...very unprofessional as well to avoid my question and not to respond back to me. I am canceling the account with them and letting as many people know about this incident about this as possible.

• Qi
      18th of Oct, 2011

Total scam artists. Spread the word!

• Ka
      4th of Jan, 2012

Half Off Depot is terrible!!! Everyone should spread the word and help others from losing money. They don't care at all about the customer!!! If you read their terms and conditions, it is obvious they could care less about customers!!! Try Scoutmob (it's free)or even Groupon although Groupon has changed their attitude about refunds, they will at least give you Groupon credit!!!

1st of Mar, 2012

Half Off Depot is not a good company to do business with, I cannot get a vendor to honor his service and HOD will not refund my money. My next call is to the Attorney General's Office. I agree, the word should be spread about a company that will not hold it's vendors accountable and will not provide excellent customer service!

• At
      26th of Apr, 2012

I was sent invalid vouchers to the wrong business, HOD will not even respond to my emails. I agree beware and spread the word.

• Co
      29th of Apr, 2012

Scam scam scam buyers beware
    I can not even get in touch with support, I receive error messages and never received my purchased item
    I will contact better business bureau

• Ji
      26th of May, 2012

Totally not worth using. They say they refund in 5 days, but there is no procedure to make that happen. I had to contact the Better Business Bureau to find their phone numbers since they don't list them.
    To contact Half Off Depot by phone 877-557-0558

• Fr
      26th of Jun, 2012

After purchasing a movie deal, I assumed I could print the deal and use it.
    Instead you had to confirm the deal after purchasing and have the vouchers mailed to you. Uh, isn't my payment confirmation?? I didn't confirm in time, so no vouchers for me, but they kept the money and said no refunds. I asked if they could at least give me credit to use towards another deal.
    Nope. No refunds, exchanges. Horrible service. Waste of money.

• Br
      8th of Aug, 2012

I am having a problem right now and can not get any resolution to the issue. I purchased a spa certificate in April, Called to make appointment, could not get one until the end of May, they cancelled it two days prior and told me to reschedule in June. I did and they called the day before to cancel and told to reschedule in Sept. I notified Half off depot and was told only had 5 days to get refund fro the date of purchase. That was not even possible. They then told me they would give me a credit which still has not happened. I keep asking for someone to call me. That has not happened either. Do not buy from them.

• Ss
      22nd of Sep, 2012

I purchased 2 fishing trip tickets. The company Pasttime Princess refused to honor them. They told us on the phone that they are only taking "Paying customers" I wrote the ownere "captian George" to explain it to him. He says I can't get on with those vouchers at this time althouigh he said that I could go fishing if i "buy tickets". I have been unable to contact Half Off Depotas their website is down. They did not answer their 877-557-0558 number and did not leave a place to leave a message

• Un
      23rd of Oct, 2012

I am trying to receive payment as a merchant from Half Off Depot right now... My national deal has been running for months and my contract says that they will send checks twice per month... Half off depot has not paid me ANYTHING! Plus, some of their vouchers weren't functioning properly, so HOD customers are "lumping" my online business in with theirs when writing online complaints (even though the customers haven't even made it to my site yet... MERCHANTS BEWARE OF USING HALF OFF DEPOT!
    UNPAID MERCHANT - HALF OFF DEPOT

• Ha
      1st of Nov, 2012

This company is a total SCAM. Paid for two vouchers for canvas prints, they CHANGED the expiration date on me to a mere MONTH after I purchased and never sent me redemption instructions so I had no idea how to even redeem my vouchers..when I sent a request for refund through their "support ticket" system, I got a curt response, "Sorry no refunds. Ever." That was it, $40 down the drain and no recourse. There should be a huge lawsuit against this company, I would not be surprised to hear about a class action lawsuit sometime down the road because they have scammed so many people. I will be contacting the FTC and also going through my bank to recover my money.

• Ni
      18th of Nov, 2012

I agree with all the comments, This is one of the wrost customer service you can ever have,
    There redemption website never worked and their regular website never updated.
    They won't respond you even their site has an issue,
    I would consider not to do any future business with them and with the way they are going, I wont surprise if they run out of business and ready for bankrupt.
    It's an early alert of the scam.

• Rt
      4th of Dec, 2012

WE NEED TO FILE COMPLAINTS AT BBB, I JUST CHECKED AND THERE ARE NO COMPLAINTS

• Fl
      9th of Sep, 2013

I was also cheated for 2 separate vouchers totaling over $110.00. I can't get anyone from half off customer service to respond. I have left multiple voice messages and have submitted several tickets, no reply, no credit, no refund. What a scam! I will never order from this company ever again! Save your money, , Rip off s. unprofessional company. I am reporting them t the bbb!!