HairbrushFAiled to Honor Ticketed Price

1 Review updated:

I stopped at Marshall to buy a hairbrush and was happy to find one with a ticket price for $1.99. However, when I got to the cashier to pay for the hairbrush I was told that the ticket price was incorrect and the correct price was $20.00. I insisted that I should pay the lowest ticketed price because it was the store’s error, not mine. I also explained to the cashier that changing the ticketing price to make me pay a higher price is false advertising, a violation of New Jersey laws. She called the manager, I.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Watchung, NJV, for advised on the issue. Ms. I.V. stated that the price of the hairbrush is $20.00 and the markdown ticket on it for $ 1.99 was an error. She continued to tell me that I could leave the hairbrush if I did not want to pay the full price. I informed I.V. that I would consider filing a complaint against Marshal’s illegal practice of deception with appropriate New Jersey authority.
I am surprised that a store manager acted in such illegal manner. Was she properly trained and learned about the basis of New Jersey laws on deceptive advertising?

Di
Feb 11, 2015

Comments

• Mk
      Feb 11, 2015

Deceptive advertising would be "THEY PUT AN AD IN THE PAPER OR ON THE BUILDING SAYING THE PRICE WAS $1.99 AND THEN SAYING IT WAS $20.00 AT THE REGISTER"... What happened here is someone put a price tag on it that says $1.99 and you want them to honor that price.

It was a mistake that someone made and you want them to loose money over it. This is why big box store pay so little and go out of business so often.

It's $20... If you can not afford it then don't buy it and move on with your life.