Hair Today Gone Tomorrow / Non issue of Refund

1 Northbrook, IL, United States Review updated:

I could never get an appointment at the northbrook location. They managed to take over $1, 000 dollars of my money, but whenever I wanted an appointment they were booked solid for 6 to 8 weeks. I requested a refund in March and they said it would take 8 to 10 weeks. It's August now and no refund. Know I can't get them on the phone...

Comments

• Ve
      10th of Aug, 2009

I pay all in front and just had one treatment. Now, they told me they had close the office and haven't receive any money back. It has been a month!!

• Jr
      11th of Aug, 2009

I had paid for one treatment in advance. On my appointment day someone left a voicemail for me stating that my appointment had been canceled and gave me a number to contact but the voicemail was breaking up and I could not understand it. I tried to get on their website but it is no longer up and the usual number I called to contact someone is no longer working either. Does anyone have a way that I can contact them?

• Li
      11th of Aug, 2009

I paid for 2 touch up treatments in May. I had an appointment in early June and had burns on my lip and the right side of my lip. The technician was rude and not careful. I called to get a refund on my 2nd treatment, they said it would take 8-12 weeks. Now their website is down and the phone number no longer works. I do know that they were a spin off of vein clinics. I will try calling their corporate office.

• Na
      18th of Aug, 2009

NOTICE:: all htgt people!!! Im not only a member, im also a client. these people are extremely shady. they are operating under a new business name.. Hair today gone tomorrow needs to be sued and criminally charged because of how they are handling their clients. They appear to be operating under a new name and show therefore be honoring your existing contracts. I was never contacted or notified about the name change or any dissolution of htgt. MiRadiance used to advertise in the locations which all appear to be closed. We need to contact them at 877-363-9968 and ask for refunds or see if they will honor their agreements. I am planning a law suit asap.

The owner of the company Donald Tietz and Kush Agerwal are involved with this new group. i am only a client but i did some digging into this. They are practicing under a Dr. Tal Raine. We should have been notified of this change of ownership or whatever this is. lawsuit anyone??

20th of Aug, 2009

I paid for a laser hair removal package 3 month ago at $2000. I had only one treatment I have been trying to make an appointment and there is no answer. I went to their location and it was closed-- gone, no sign, nothing. I looked up the website and it is also down-- I found this site looking for answers and it looks like they have taken my money and run!! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF CRIMINALS!! ANY LEGAL ACTION I WANT TO BE PART OF IT!!!

on this site I found that the owners of this company have done this before!!! They opened a laser company called Refine 360 and took money from people and closedwithout notice. They did it again at hair today gone tomorrow they took money didn't provide services and closed--in my book that is STEALING!

20th of Aug, 2009

I am in on a lawsuit, sign me up. I lost ~200.

20th of Aug, 2009

I am on the phone with 1-877-363-9968 right now, she is very helpful, call her she will get your information and get you connected to someone that can help.

20th of Aug, 2009

Thank you Nancy E for doing a little digging nad finding all this out and posting it here. I am furious.

• Bj
      20th of Aug, 2009

Here is the cell phone number for the former owner of Hair Today Gone Tomorrow. 1-708-308-8355 His name is Donald Tietz. His partners name is Kush. Or you can goto www.miradiance.com and call that new number and demand your money back. Miradiance is the new company that was created from the stolen money from HTGT clients. I wish you all good luck.

• Be
      20th of Aug, 2009

I called the Attorney General’s office (Illinois) at (312) 814-3000. This has happened to me before with a gym membership I signed up for which never opened but took my money. Lisa Madigan took the case and we all did eventually get our money back. Please, Please, Please, if you live in Illinois call the number above. The women who answered told me the more people call with complaints, the quicker things will move because the Attorney General works mainly for the state and not individual people. She was also going to warn her supervisor that they would be getting more calls about HTGT. Please, if in Illinois call the # above. If you are in a different state, I’d advise you call your Attorney General’s office. With HTGT gone and no phones picking up... this may be the only way to get our money back.

21st of Aug, 2009

HTGT is indeed gone. I too paid in advance and was given the run around by HTGT when I tried to book an appointment. They closed their doors. You can call MiRadiance, as I did, but you will likely get the same explanation. The woman will take you name and number and say that someone WILL call you back later that day or the next. Well guess what? No one called. I filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also called the fraud and dispute department of the credit card HTGT charged - after explaining my situation to the credit card, the money HTGT took from me is back on my card - the credit card company told me they can pull the funds back from HTGT and if HTGT fights it, then they will go after them. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. My charge was made the beginning of June, it's the end of August and I got my money back. In addition, file a complaint with your state's Better Business Bureau office.

• Ca
      21st of Aug, 2009

HTGT is gone in Parma, Ohio as well. I tried to call to re-schedule an appointment and found out that they closed. I prepayed for a bikini and upper lip $2, 160.00. I received two treatments for each. I would like a refund for $1, 440.00 worth of services not provided. I called miradiance at 1-877-363-9968 and was told to call 1-708-308-8115 and it only takes voicemail, so I left a message. I called Donald Tietz's phone 1-708-308-8355, the owner and left a message. I tried calling the 708-606-7052 number, but the voicemail is full and I was disconnected. If you paid with care credit, give them a call to report fraud, but they will only give you a form to fill out by mail, waiting for that. Also, I suggest you file complaints with your local Better Business Bureau and your state's Attorney General's office. Did someone already mention lawsuit, count me in.

• Ci
      21st of Aug, 2009

I just found out today when I stopped by unannounced and found an empty, locked office that HTGT is gone. I have been trying to get ahold of them via phone for three weeks in vain. The technician that serviced me last (7/29/09 at their Gold Coast location, 211 E Ontario) asked me to be patient in scheduling the next appointment because HTGT was in the process of changing their phone system. I tried scheduling for two weeks straight at their central office (866-424-7766), but instead got a recording that said, "All circuits are busy now. Will you please try again later." I received a message from HTGT Monday, 8/17 that said their new number for appointments is 708-308-9051. I called that number every day since Monday and got the following greeting: "Hello and thank you for calling. Sorry we've missed your call. We've either stepped away from the desk or are with a client. Please leave the spelling of your first and last name, phone number, including area code, and we will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you for calling and have a great day. The mailbox is full and cannot accept any messages at this time. Good bye." I bought a full body package (Georgina at the Lincoln Park office told me this included 12 facial treatments and nine treatments on all other parts of my body) for $2500 in Feb. of '09. I am missing six facial treatments and five on several body parts to complete the package. I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Buisness Bureau and am calling the Attorney General's office. I'm definitely in on a group lawsuit! What they've done is shameless!!

22nd of Aug, 2009

Does anyone know for sure/can provide proof that Tal Raine is one of the owners of HTGT?

I am out $800 of $1, 600 total to HTGT. I have gone through many of the frustrations as mentioned above. Within the legal limits, I am going to do everything I can to bring down the owners of HTGT.

Here is Tal's new company address:

Miradiance Aesthetic Medical Center
    1S224 Summit Avenue
    Suite 305
    Oak Brook Terrace, IL 60181

In addition to the AG and BBB, I would think the Oak Brook Terrace Chamber of Commerce and his new company's current landlord would be interested to hear about our experience with him. Certainly picketing of his office is something that would really get his landlord's attention.

Any other ideas? Any lawyers in the readership?

22nd of Aug, 2009

Ok, Kush Agerwal WAS the CEO of HTGT, but is no longer.

This doc says he resigned as CEO in 2007, but stayed on the Board of Directors. I found another doc that said he resigned his post at IntegraMed America in 2008.

This guy gets around.

As of 2007, here is Kush's home address:

109 Covington Court, Oak Brook, Illinois 60523

Unless they are complete idiots, I am sure neither Don Teitz or Kush Agerwal signed on as personal guarantors to HTGT. It is probably just a shell company with few assets and a long list of creditors.

i would think our best avenue would be to go after whatever businesses they are currently involved in and notify them about who they are in bed with. Might also be a good idea for any folks living in or near Oak Brook to see if this guy is involved in any associations, etc. locally. Would be great to call him out publicly in front of his family and friends.

I found Donald Tietz. Here is his home address:

16810 HIGHBUSH ROAD, ORLAND PARK, IL - 60467

This came straight off the Secretary of State's office listing for Hair Today Gone Tomorrow LLC. Here it is:

There are only four Don Tietz' on Facebook. Only one does not list an address. The others are all outside of the midwest. I'll let this board know if he adds me as his friend and I can confirm he is the guy who ripped us off.

Anyone know what he is up to in Orland Park? Any way to publicly confront him and out him to his neighbors/business associates?

• Ca
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I am a client of HTGT, at their Parma, Ohio location. I finally got a call back from the message I left at the 708-308-8115 number and was told that all of the Illinois offices closed and are operating under the business of miradiance. I was told that the HTGT office in Parma, Oh is still in business and that they are scheduling clients on their own and to call 440-886-2809 for appointments at that office. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks that I confirmed. Hopefully, that office will be open when I show up. Will keep you posted.

• Or
      26th of Aug, 2009

To all Illinois HTGT clients; Miradiance is the same owner. I called that office and demanded to speak to the owner and she said he was unavailable. I confronted her with what they did and she began to claim that they're not assoicated with HTGT.So then I flipped out on her and told her to pass on a message to the owner, that I know who he is and where he lives and I also know his business partners info too. I told there's a site were all their customers are telling each other their stories and filing consumer complaints with the Attorney Generals office and I was downloading the consumer complaint form as I am speaking to you. I told her that I was going to file a lawsuit and I'm sure that all your unsatisified customers will do the same and it will turn into a class action lawsuit. She then supprisingly told me that she'll honor my contract and finish my sessions and she made me an appt. Heres the # to call 1-877-363-9968. I then told everyone I know to do the same. You gotta get ugly and dirty with them, just like they did with us. But don't get your hopes up; because when my friend did it, the receptionist accidently slipped up and said they're moving again this Friday, which is 08-28-09 and she'll call her with the new #.(What a suprise).I'm still sending the consumer complaint even though she made me an appt. because I'm almost positive they're gonna relocate and change the numbers again and most likely probably change the new name Miradiance to something else. I advise everyone to continue and file their complaints with the Attorney Generals office and don't back down for a second until you get your money back. I'm also gonna take it a step further and meet with an attorney who doesn't take a retainer fee upfront and only gets paid when and if the lawsuit is successful and see what their advise on the matter is and follow it. Also, to all who recently paid with a credit card you have 60 days to call your credit card company from the time HTGT charged your account and tell them you want to file a dispute. They will get your money back from them and put it back in your account. Good luck to all.

28th of Aug, 2009

I AM COMPLETELY FLOORED THAT HTGT CONVINCED AS MANY PEOPLE AS IT DID TO PREPAY FOR SERVICES. YOU WOULD NEVER WALK INTO A WALMART AND PREPAY FOR A BAG OF MILK WITHOUT...WHY WOULD YOU DO SO WITH SPA SERVICES?

A REAL, REPUTABLE BUSINESS WOULD NEVER ASK YOU TO DO THAT.

NOW ABOUT THE ACTUAL SCAMS GOING ON...

If they went bankrupt, unfortunately money owing to customers is last on a priority list of "creditors" when assets are split to repay loans owing (technically, the money you all paid without getting service is a loan. They used that money for their operations, just like they would a bank loan) Of course government and taxes are first, followed by unpaid employee wages after which it's a free for all and usually larger credit companies/banks can get their legal teams in and stake a piece for themselves...however, you can still combine forces and sue the previous owners. Do whatever you can...property liens, lawsuits, official complaints...but like it's been said before, the more who do it, the better.

Good luck all.

28th of Aug, 2009

Ooops, I originally came on to post the following: (I know many of you aren't bottom-of-the-barrel scammers like the owners are...but sometimes you have to play the same dirty game to get your entitlements)

Donald A. Tietz home phone number: (708) 403-1427

Adolph Tietz (Donald's father) home number: (708) 479-8783

Try to put your scruples and morals aside and get your money back. Be honest when you call and say you got these numbers from an investigative source with regards to the money he is responsible in paying back.

Eventually, you all should have him begging for mercy.