Hair Today Gone Tomorrow aka MiRadiance.com / Thieves. Shady crooks.

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

Filed for bankruptcy and reopened under a new name with the money they stole from their thousand dollar package deals! Nice.

This company basically pushed me to take out a loan with care credit for 2500.00. They were awful to deal with from the get go. Cancelling appointments, burning me, hard to get an appointment, unaccomodating, etc. Just awful!

Now, they think they can file bankruptcy, take our hard earned money and re-open under this new company name : MiRadiance Aesthetic Spa or whatever it's called?

From what I understand, this isn't the first time they've done this either. It's about the 2nd or 3rd. This is just unlawful.

I'm all for class action lawsuit! I've filed with the BBB, however, since they've gone out of business, BBB cannot get in contact with them. I guess I'll file MiRadiance complaint since MiRadiance.com is the same owner. Do not let them fool you, MiRadiance IS Hairtodaygone tomorrow under a new name operating with the same President Donald Tietz. When you call miradiance (get the number from miradiance.com) and you tell them that you're an ex hairtodaygone tomorrow client, they tell you they're honoring old contracts but no refunds. They give you a phone number to call to make an appointment. You basically get ping-ponged back and forth between miradiance # and the number Jen at MiRadiance gives you. Nobody calls you back. It's been weeks.

Class Action Lawsuit anyone? I'm all for bringing these guys down.

Contact your local State's attorney, too. Tell them everything you know. Tell them the most important thing though, MiRadiance.com is hairtodaygonetomorrow.

Ro

Comments

• Al
      16th of Sep, 2009

American Laser Centers Offer Free Treatment to Illinois Clients of Hair Today Gone Tomorrow.
    Individuals who are still owed treatments from company that closed are invited to American Laser Centers clinics.

View Rich Morgan's letter to Hair Today Gone Tomorrow clients:
    www.americanlaser.com/savemycontract

• Go
      21st of Sep, 2009

This is horrible! I am filing complaints with the better business bureau, as well as the states attorney office. I pray thatI my bank will reverse the charges as I paid for my package with a check in full and have yet to receive 1 treatment!

• Li
      14th of Oct, 2009

We're filing a class action law suit...let me know who's in. There's not much I need from everyone except very basic information. All legal fees on class action litigation are contingent upon the legal outcome and paid on the back-end.

best,
    gwyneth

26th of Oct, 2009

yes i tried to make an appointment to come to find out they are no longer in business.
    I was told that i can get a discount, i dot want a discount! I paid for mine already!!! I am willing to get in clas action suit

• Ti
      1st of Dec, 2009

Yes this is nuts. I purchased a bikini package for 500 dollars in summer of 08. I have been asking for a year and leaving messages and them saying oh, the accountant isnt in right now. I have called over 14 times, and they just kept pushing me back, pushing me back until they went bankrupt. I didn't go for one session! I'm all in, please let me know what I need to do!

15th of Jan, 2010

Yeah, that's actually surprising because I am continuing the treatments at the new company that I payed for before hand, and the new management is actually nice. I usually am really late to all of my appointments and they still accommodate me. I'm guessing this all happened to everyone before they got new management.

The same phone number for me still works and the ladies at the reception desk answer the phone and usually call me back when I get the answering machine. I usually reschedule a lot too and they try to get me appointments when they can.

17th of Feb, 2010

so is there a class action lawsuit? and were do i sign
    or call?

• Ka
      19th of Feb, 2010

I'm all for a lawsuit!! What do I do!!? I prepaid for my package in 2008 and only used 4 visits as they were always too booked, etc.

• Sn
      30th of Apr, 2010

I'm in the same situation. I think Care Credit needs to be sued because they're refusing to issue a credit back on our account for services not rendered. Visa/MC/AMX issues refunds based on services not rendered. Care Credit needs to help it's customers not hide behind and give lame ### excuses

• Sc
      24th of Jun, 2010

I am willing to be a part of a class action lawsuit. I went in today to MiRadiance for one of my appointments in Oakbrook, only to see the office closed and an email sent to me from one of the techs saying that she got fired and they are looking for another company to take over the clients who still have treatments and they will let me know.

• Sn
      24th of Jun, 2010

When and where do we start with this ? Care credit should be sued. I have tried contacting an attorney, and have no lead yet.

• Ms
      6th of Jul, 2010

Lawsuit? I'm in! I prepaid for a package of 6 and got none! My bank can't help me since I used my debit card over 160 days ago. They say I need to take it up with the company.

• Ga
      11th of Oct, 2010

I am frustruated it's been almost a year since I found out about the scam. I pre-paid a package deal of $7, 500 with care credit. However setiting up appoinments was a nightmare my package was for a full body unlimited tretments and I was only able to set up 4 appts a month the most. My hair grew back I did not lose hair I just lost my money and time. I'm up for a law suit as well anyone with any information please post it up. I wrote a letter to care credit and did not charge the full amopunt since I received half of my treatments according to them that's BS. I want a full refund. Not only is my hair back I actually got burn and still have a mark was told it would go away it. Th only reason I found out was because Kelly from northbrook told me to check out a few websites.

5th of Jan, 2011

Yes I would love to be in on this!!! I have had nothin but nightmares with the office in oak brook. I think we all deserve justice!

5th of Jan, 2011

I went to the oak brook office & it was a nightmare from beg to end! I believe no matter what the situation if u weren't happy with the results u should get your $ back! This includes mysel[censored] We deserve justice, the dr. that states miradiance is the ones who ripped all of us off in my situation is actually full of b.s!!! They are in on this crap! I say lawsuit.

• Zk
      4th of Mar, 2011

I am in for a law suit!! email me at zinnia.najeeb@gmail.com please

14th of Sep, 2011

anybody have any luck?

• Th
      30th of Sep, 2011

I was also burned - literally - by Hair Today Gone Tomorrow. The technician, Georgia Samiotakis, burned my arms, thighs and neck. Then she implied that it was my fault because of "sun exposure".

To cover their ###, Hair Today Gone Tomorrow provided prescription and reimbursement to treat the burns, but the hair never got removed and I never got a refund for the missed treatments due to the injury that she inflicted on me.

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow canceled many of my appointments due to "overbooking" and "Our machine broke", and sometimes because the technician was late. I never received a refund for the treatments they canceled or denied me due to their damage to my skin.

When I tried to resolve these conflicts, the technicians were rude and verbally abusive, and the company terminated my contract.

All of this happened to me at around 2003. I was their first client in 2000. It seems that they used me as a ginny pig and then terminated my contract after they were overbooked with clients. They even brought trainees - without my consent - to watch the technicians perform treatments on me. It was awkward, humiliating, and hurtful as was my whole experience with this company.

I tried to resolve this between 2003 and 2005 by filing a complaint with BBB and with Lisa Madigan (State's Attorney at that time?), but my communication/networking skills were lacking and no one listened, so I gave up. Still bothers me though...