HAIR NOX STUDIO / My Horrible Experience in Hair Nox Studio

1 Singapore Review updated:

Few weeks ago, I bought a rebonding promotional voucher online. Since the salon offered a $68 service from the usual $170, I thought it was a good deal for me to try out. When I got to the salon, Hair Nox Studio located at 1 north bridge road #01-04a High Street Centre on a Saturaday, 8th Jan 2011, I felt that the studio look no different from any normal salon in terms of appearance and decorations. However, service has nothing to do with appearance so i brushed off my doubts.
When I entered the studio, there is only 1 guy, Kef Tan, handling 2 customers at the same time, and a middle aged lady who is known as the owner of the place. No one attended to me. Finally when the lady showed me the seats, she explained how her staffs refused to come to work. What management! Then she started complaining how much loss she made for putting up the promotion online. I was thinking if anyone want to complain then don’t do it in the first place!
After a while, the male hairdresser came to me. He washed my hair and after looking at the condition of my hair, he asked if I wanted to “trim the fizzy ends of my hair”. Thinking that this service is provided by all the salons I went to before, I agreed to it. However, he cut a huge chuck of my hair and even layered my hair which I did not ask for! I was unhappy as it took me 2 years to grow my hair to that desired length and commented that my hair is very short now. He just told me “it’s okay what it’s not very short”. Then halfway through blowing my hair dry, he just walked away to attend to the other customer. I was later charged with a full amount of $44 for a service he provided but I did not ask for! There is no display of pricing of any kind in or outside of the store and not telling me, a first time customer, the price and go ahead with his own likings to cut and charge left me feeling very cheated. I feel that this is not a very honest act.
After the undesired hair cut, the owner attended to me to rebond my hair. I felt that she is totally unprofessional as she did not follow the procedure for rebonding! First the male hairdresser hurt my scalp with the hair dryer, then she did not blow dry my hair before using the straightening iron and she even burn my scalp at least 4 times! Not blowing dry the hair will cause the straightening iron to get heat up and cause immediate damage to the hair. This is a basic knowledge for rebonding! Instead of apologising, she just brushed it off saying my scalp is too sensitive. What?! Whose skin is not sensitive when being burnt hello? After everything, I was recommended a shampoo for colored hair which cost $29 and I agreed to it so I handed my nets card to him for transaction. To my horror, the price stated $72! I immediately asked him if there is a mistake but he just replied that it’s for hair cut, which I did not ask for! $44 for a “trim” as mentioned by him. I rejected the shampoo in the end as I can’t trust their words anymore.
When my boyfriend came to fetch me, I told him about this and he thought it was unreasonable and went to talk to the salon. However, they just explained “I already cut your hair so you must pay”. What attitude! He then suggests we talk to the lady owner which we agreed and waited nearly 10 minutes before she came over. I thought that being the owner we can communicate with her better. Never did I imagined that she give the same reply as the guy! She said the reason why there is no display of pricing is because they are changing the price list so they took it down. She also explained that they did not tell the customer about the price as they are afraid that customer say that they are looking down at them not able to afford a merely $44 hair cut. Then they say it’s my fault for not asking the price.
Yes I might be partly at fault for not asking because I was told it was a trim not a hair cut! Who would expect a trim to be $44? Who would expect a trim to be inches off my hair? It was meant to be a trim, not a cut! I say its BASIC courtesy to mention it before the cut and they do not have this basic. They just do things according to what they want and just charge it to us! This is worst than any hard-selling I have ever seen!
After a whole load of reasons, we decided that it’s no point arguing with them as they have their own way of doing things that is not informing the consumers. Just do it! We left shortly after. No apology throughout the whole process of talking with them.
When we got home, we found out that they have posted this issue on their facebook page calling us cheaters and trickster wanting free stuffs or service. Never in the conversation with them did we ask for any free items or any refund! My boyfriend got irritated finally and posted on their page to clarify things. However instead of any normal reply, they threatened us to “Just be careful and get your back covered guys. You never know who you up against”. They blocked our account soon after that. Is this the kind of service encouraged in Singapore? I think it’s a disgrace.
The following day after the rebond, I woke up to the shock of my life. My hair is dry and fizzy with lots of split ends. They damaged my hair with their unprofessional skills and attitude! They don’t know how important hair is to a gir! No ethics, no service, no feelings! They are in their own world. The voucher I bought stated a guaranteed at least 3 months of lasting rebonding effect but it hardly lasted 3 days.
I feel that it’s no point arguing with them anymore so now I have to spend hundreds of dollars to save my hair. In the meantime lodge a complaint to CASE as well as spreading this case to everyone out there. Beware of this so-called studio because if you intend to go there, not only must you have your back covered, your must also cover your hair with insurance.

More HAIR NOX STUDIO Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• De
      16th of Jan, 2011

I had the bad experience as well. Cheated off my $44. Please do not visit this hair studio!

I am also going to lodge a complaint to CASE as well!

16th of Jan, 2011

Hi Grace, I would be so glad if I have read your post earlier.

I had the same bad experience yesterday as well. After the rebonding is done and my hair blew dry, one of the partners of the salon, NeF Tan (I don’t think his name is KeF Tan) helped to trim my hair. I did request him to help to trim my hair abit. He replied yes he will but did not said that I will be charged a hefty sum of $44!

Anyone who had studied contract law before will understand that for a contract to exist, there must be offer, acceptance, intention to create legal relations and a consideration. Contract law is used to determine whether an agreement exists between two parties. I offered, he accepted but there is no intention to create legal relations and a consideration. Hence, there is no agreement! I was forced to pay while checking out from the salon! I have no choice!

Ref.: Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company case
    The parties to the contract have a mutual understanding of what the contract covers. For example, in a contract for the sale of a 'Cadillac', the buyer thinks he will obtain a car and the seller believes he is contracting to sell a horse, there is no meeting of the minds and the contract will likely be held unenforceable. In other words the parties must & should have a clear and unequvical understanding of what each party is expected to do or perform to make the contract valid and binding on both parties.

There is no agreement, no intention to create legal relations and consideration to make the agreement valid, no meeting of minds! I was not made known before hand!
    How would a customer agreed to have her hair trimmed if she knows that she will be charged $44 in an average salon? I don’t think anyone would agree.

17th of Jan, 2011

Hi pple, we had lodge a complaint to CASE already and our reference number is T20110100701. Please quote this reference number when u lodge the complaint. If so many of us are having the same problem I'm sure there will be a higher chance that CASe will look into the matter.

17th of Jan, 2011

hi we create a facebook page for this as well... I am not angelic enough to let them have it their way... http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hair-Nox-Studio-Horrible-Experience/118680311538596?v=wall

Hi Kayvern,
    you met with the same problem too?

17th of Jan, 2011

I have also lodged a complaint with CASE too! I will not let them have their own way. Especially after reading grace2011 blog, I was shocked that they even there to threaten her and her bf. We should get the police involve in this as well. Just in case they threaten us too

18th of Jan, 2011

Hi desireelements,

I believe this Hair Studio is trying to cheat money from customer who's using the rebonding voucher on their first time visit.
    For my case, I didn't even request any trim on my hair at all. He is trying to scare me by saying my hair ends is very dry, he needs to trim off abit in order for him to rebond.
    Yes, They threatened my boyfriend on their facebook page when they are the one cheating our money.

18th of Jan, 2011

hi desireelements, i'm grace bf hahaa... i was there talking to them and they gave me the "ok thanks for your feedback we will work on it" kind of crap and then now they do this to u... AGAIN... i posted the picture where they said "just be careful and have your back covered guys. you dont know who u up against" on the facebook page as proof that not only they did not hear my feedback and threatened us, they also continue their way of doing this to other customers. now even if i state that "they are doing this on purpose just to get money" i wun be in any wrong or accused of scandal 'cos i already mentioned to them yet they do the same thing!

• St
      20th of Jan, 2011

Hi all,

I also felt cheated... I did my rebonding with them yesterday and found that they r really very unprofessional!!!
    Right after they done my rebonding I immdiately start to feel it so different from all the other rebonding I done b4 in other salon... My hair are SO dry now... rebonding I done at other salon are never like this b4, normally ur hair will feel smooth and shiny after the rebonding but not this time loh :(
    So Heart Pain for my hair now :( don't know should I cut it short :(

21st of Jan, 2011

Hi stephlsy we made a complain to CASE already. I think you should do the same also. Even though u cant get a refund but the officers at CASE called me the other day and say that if there are others who encounter the same experiece then they will look into the matter and possibly report the hair to the public by media. this is our CASE reference number is T20110100701 please quote it to them if u did lodge a complain... cant let these unethical pple have it their way...

Hi stephlsy,

Actually it quite expected that there are more & more people going through the same thing as i do.
    It really obvious that this Hair Studio is trying to cheat money from customer who's using the rebonding voucher on their first time visit, using ways like giving unprofessional way of rebonding causing hair damage to the customer, and also the $44 that they charge for the "hair trimming".

• St

Hi gals,

As what I wrote in my last post that after the rebonding I feel that my hair are super dry.
    So yesterday I went to a salon which I known, hope to trim away some bad end...
    The hair stylist told me my hair are not only damaged but BURN by over heat!!!
    End up I cut away abt 5 inches of my hair and still got quite alot of damaged one couldn't cut... if cut all then my hair will become damn short :(
    So now my hair from under bra length become shoulder length :( Damn sad!!!
    I know we can't get bad any refund but just hope that no more ppl will get cheat by them!!! :(

24th of Jan, 2011

Yes, the reason of posting this experience online is to those people who are planning to go there and hope that there will be no more people get cheated by them like us.

3rd of Mar, 2011

OMG i have brought a rebonding voucher with them too. appt is no sat but after reading these i think i should not go there them

• Z0
      18th of Mar, 2011

oh no. i have an appointment tmr..and i am so scared to go now :(

Another victim.

sherniece says:
    April 5, 2011 at 8:12 am I went to redeem the DEAL.COM.SG rebonding package today.
    Salon was quiet and i was the only customer.

i dont understand what is the auto-control technology that was used.

the process was over in less than 2 hours. seated at 12:25pm, walked out at 2:20pm.

step 1: apply the rebonding cream
    step 2: wash
    step 3: blow dry
    step 4: use flat iron

the flat iron looked yellowish and it looks like they were barely making enough MONEY to invest in better combs or cream or irons.

when i questioned the 2 ladies working at the salon, they couldnt understand my English or answer the question. I asked them how this short rebonding session was different from the other rebonding sessions i have done in the past 10 years at other salons. they couldnt answer.

also, im very surprised they didnt do any after flat-iron treatment. normally, to complete the entire process, other salons will apply another cream, wash and its done. its to SET the rebonding process.

disappointed really, felt cheated. i feel that they are out for quick bucks and is obviously not giving us the standard service/rebonding process we paid and deserve.

6th of Apr, 2011

Hi girls, actually is best not to go there even you had already bought the voucher. If there's turn back time, i will rather waste the voucher money than to go and suffer from all these, is both mentally and physically. my hair is severly damaged and i need to spend 600 over for treatment and it still not recover yet.

PS: PLS SPREAD THE WORD, AND KINDLY LIKE OUR FB PAGE AND ALSO, SHARE THE PAGE TO ALL YOUR LADIES FRIENDS in case they intend to go there...