hair extensions / fraud

Concord, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5

The owners of perfectlocks claim they have a factory in India,
which is false information. I know several vendors in Chennai and Andhra Pradesh who buy hair from the temples in India, these owners are all Indian. Perfectlocks does not own any factory...lies, all lies.
You will be punished for misleading!
He

More hair extensions Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Re
  26th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I know perfect locks lies about everything. They post phony positive comment on forums and message boards. The Indianhairblog is their site. They act like it is a third party saying positive thing about the company, but its them. I look it up same owners as their site. They also have a page on squidoo.com/indianhair try to put up a negative comment about them it wont get posted. Perfect Locks is one big fraud!
Re
  26th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
One more thing everybody I know that got their hair didn't like it. I think that their testimonials are fake.
Al
  14th of Dec, 2008
Hello all,

I purchased hair from Perfect Locks November 13, 2008 and I had my sew-in done the day before Thanksgiving. I'll tell you the first 2 days the hair was absolutely fabulous; I thought I was in heaven. However, on day 3 my cute spiral curls began to tangle and matt. I thought okay no biggie, let me just comb it out. That worked for like an hour, and then the hair began to tangle up once again. I thought okay maybe it was the spritz my stylist used so I washed and conditioned the hair. It was okay at first, and then guess what, it started to tangle and shed like crazy.
Now I've been wearing weaves for seven years and I know when something just isn't quite right. Imagine how I felt when I went to work thinking I'm just too cute and can't nobody tell me nothing with my 16 inches of heaven on my head only to walk past a mirror and GASP. What I saw took my breath away. I almost had a heart attack. I see this raccoon hanging at the nape of my neck looking like it’s about to attack at any minute. Yes LADIES you know what Raccoon I'm talking about. I'm talking about that tangled matted ball of nappy hair that collects when you've been taken for a ride with some BAD HAIR.
Anyways the hair was so bad that I had to cut 16inches of glory down to shoulder length and eventually had to have the entire sew in taken down after only 2 WEEKS. Now all my weave wearers out there know that it must have been bad to have a SEW -IN totally removed after only 2 WEEKS. What a total waste of money HUH!!
To make a long story short I spoke with Pryianka the co-owner of Perfect Locks and informed her of this substandard product. For some reason she seems to have a hard time accepting the fact that I may have gotten a batch of bad hair. Ladies we know sometimes it just happens. I have several e-mails documenting our correspondence and she told me to send back the hair for inspection and they will do an investigation.
Now I'm not sure what type of investigation they will do and I'm pretty sure they will find nothing wrong with the hair. After all they are a business and they have their business interest at heart. I told them I will only return half of the hair just in case we have to go to court and I have to prove otherwise that the hair I received was just plain terrible. Yes Darlings it is that serious. I just hope it doesn’t come to that since I consider myself a fair honest person.
Any who, I can only share my experience with the company's product and I must say that I am very very very very did I mention very dissatisfied considering I just threw away $269. I trusted their website with those warm and fuzzy testimonials and those nice before/after pictures. Upon researching them a little more on the internet I found customers who were very pleased with the hair and I also found customers who encountered the same tangling/ matting and utter dissatisfaction that I experienced. They also have 2 complaints filed with the better business bureau and I make the third. I urge anyone else who has received poor products from them to complain to the BBB as well.
In conclusion, I am only sharing MY EXPERIENCE and you can decide for yourself if you want to place an order with them. I know I will not be ordering from them any time soon in this life or the next.
Br
  29th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have had nothing but great hair from this company. I have been wearing weaves for many years and ordered from so many companies it makes me dizzy just thinking about it. There are many shady companies out there, with a no return policies, no phone numbers, and no regard for customers at all. Perfect Locks has exceeded my expectations in every sense. I was skeptical at first, only because they are some what of a newcomer to the market, but I heard so many good things about them I decided to give them a shot. I ordered my first wefts from them in March of this year, I wasn't sure about the texture (my own indecision) and considered sending it back for an exchange. I called and spoke to a customer service rep, she helped me understand what would work best for me (GOTTA LOVE THAT!). I showed the hair to my stylist and she was very impressed, so we went ahead with the install. To make a long story short, it's nearly TEN MONTHS LATER and I'm still very impressed. I just received my second order from them and I'm just as pleased as I was before. Now, I do everything in my power to maintain this hair, just as I do with all my weaves... but this hair is exceptionally gorgeous, and the value is unbelievable for this type of quality. My friend raved about Perfect Locks, and my experience is evidence that good things spread from word of mouth. Just thought I would share my positive experience with you all.
Ri
  14th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I purchased pre-tips from these guys in August of '08. 5 packs was just enough cuz I wanted a nice and full look. I think these guys have some really nice hair. They are very reasonably prices for Indian hair, and you can definitely tell it's Indian hair cuz it's soft, silky and smooth. Believe me I know what Indian hair looks like and this is the real stuff. I had some crappy european hair and crappy indian hair before more than once. The Perfect Locks stuff looked really good to me, so I installed them and they turned out great. I sent in my pics they gave me a $10 credit you can me in the gallery. I guess the couple people above didn't have great hair like me, sorry to hear about that. I think they are real nice and they even have a phone number which is more than i can say about these shady online stores. I had a few questions so I called to place my order. I'll be ordering from them soon again cuz I think it's about time for a little touch up:)

I give em a big thumbs up too.
Ma
  7th of Feb, 2009
Not Only do they sell bad hair but they post false comments stating that the hair is good hair.
Ca
  25th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Yes I know what you mean about the hair, I also purchase bad hair from Perfect Locks but I thought that I was just trip pen.. Now I see it was really the hair the same problems that you described I also had.. normally when I purchase my hair I always dye the hair jet black .. I hate natural brown hair, when the hair is black its more silky and looks more natural .. so when I dyed the hair I thought maybe I just left color in too long, but really it was just bad hair, I only give you one chance.. and like you said its very expensive, you have to pay for the hair shipping and handling and to have it installed .. so over $ 200.00 for the purchase of the hair and I pay $ 200.00 for the install sometime I don't have money for a tip . them I have to pay my other stylist to layered it for me that's about $ 60.00 When I have my hair weaves install I go to a independent African stylist .. she only installs the weave NO WASH / NO CURLS / NO CUTTING TRIMMING just the install yes I know that crazy.. I think the only reason why I stay because her work is fabulous she's very neat and she takes pride in her work.. I have went to other stylist but they where all suck there work was horrible .. I'm in Las Vegas Nevada .. so now I purchase from Extensions Plus (818) 881-5611 I have never had any BAD BATCH of HAIR EVER I have purchased from EP for years when I started ordering hair from perfect locks I was just looking for something less expensive but you get what you pay for, and also I just wanted to give them a try, I have also ordered hair from Halley's curls the hair that I purchased was also nice hair I'm ready to order again, but always before I order I also have to get up on my research, who's been naughty who's not .. so far I ran across the perfect locks blog and I also came across a bad blog for Halley's curls .. but the blog was posted awhile ago.. we just pay to much dam money to be getting ripped of I work pay check to pay check I'm not rich ... so when my hair weave is bad then that means I have to take everything out and my stylist isn't trying to hear that noise .. So when I purchase more hair I have to pay all over again onetime I was out of about $ 800.00 trying to look cute .. I have a image I have to uphold.. When you have bad hair they look at the stylist like its there fault but its just the bad hair we purchase. so next time when we purchase hair we have to always do our JOB TO RESEARCH ON WHOS HOT & WHOS NOT..

PERFECT LOCKS ORDER

United States Postal Service (PRIORITY (2 - 3 Days)): $11.95
Total: $126.90
Br
  19th of Aug, 2009
They are scam artist, and im going to small claims if I dont get my refund...I havent even had my hair in for 3 weeks...and it has shed so bad that I cant even wear it anymore...
Jo
  24th of Aug, 2009
STAY AWAY!
Hair is terrible, and service is worse. I even had the co-owner call me and argue with me over the phone because I posted a bad review. The hair is worse than a $20.00 bag. Dont make the same mistake I did..BEWARE OF PERFECT LOCKS!
Dj
  2nd of Jan, 2010
As much as it pains me to write a bad review on this Perfect Locks company (I never write reviews online), I have had the same horrible experience as others on here. I bought 4oz of handtied 16" custom order hair from Perfectlocks.com (because the #2 colour wasn't available otherwise) after MUCH research on quality indian hair. I came across so many good reviews/testimonials that this seemed like the only reasonable choice. Not to mention their prices per oz were cheaper than every other reputable company, and their website was very well put together with many positive before & after pictures. I don't live in the US so the hair was supposed to be shipped between 7-10 days according to the website. 10 business days later & still no hair, so I email them to inquire whether my shipment had been lost or encountered border problems. The next day I received a reply from Priyanka saying "You placed a custom order with us which takes about 10-14 days to get here and then we ship it out. We received our stock today and your product has been shipped out. We have upgraded your shipping to Express which takes 5 days and have not charged extra for it." This rush order didn't really help me because my hair stylist is known as the best "weaveologist" in my country & does hair for celebrities/the fashion industry & for film/tv therefore he is only in town everyother week always overbooked, with him you have to make appointments well in advance so I had to reschedule my appointment & push it back 2 weeks later. But I appreciated the prompt reply & understood that a custom order would take longer. However, no where on the website did it mention that custom orders took an extra 10-14 days to process! If I had known that my order really would be received within 17-24 days instead of 7-10 I wouldn't have bothered to do a custom order in the first place! I doubt others would too, but on to the hair...
When I received the hair 5 days after the email reply, I noticed that the hair was alot more dry & dull than I was used to with virgin indian hair that I had purchased before. The ends (last 2" of the hair) were very thin, wispy & frizzy. Upon shaking the hair (still in the bundle) I found that it was stiff & didn't swing like virgin indian hair I was used to. At this point it was the day before my hair appointment & I REALLY needed my hair done so I didn't bother to return it. I also thought that it would look a lot better once I had it installed. I was right... for a week! My stylist did a very good job at cutting & styling it, he layered it to give the hair more volume & did loose curls. Upon looking at the hair (before styling) he was a little worried & also noticed the dryness & thin, scraggly ends. We both agreed it would be best for him to cut off 2" of the hair- what was SUPPOSED to be 16" was basically 14". I almost heard my $$$ being flushed down the toilet. For that first week, my hair looked really good. After that, the hair went to all HELL. I take really good care of my natural hair/extensions- moisturize at least once a day, deteangle with widetooth comb/denman brush from the ends up, wrap it in a silk scarf at night, try to use minimal product in it. It started tangling & shedding almost as bad as Beauty Supply Store hair no matter what I did. I thought that washing/deep conditioning it once a week instead of biweekly would solve the problem, but it only helped a little & was a TERROR to keep detangled & from shedding in the shower. No matter how much I moisturize & gently detangle, it's a dry, dull puffball with loose, shedded hairs dangling from the ends an hour later. The other night my mother tried helping me get some of the tangles out & said "This is really bad, I think this is the worst I've ever seen it! How much did you spend on this again? You did soooo much research & said this hair was the best...I told you not to buy stuff off the internet." I hate when she's right. I am really embarrassed & disappointed that I spend this much money on such a dissatisfactory product.
The last virgin indian hair I had lasted 8 months & never acted like this, all I had to do was moisturize (scrunch to activate curls) and go! This hair is doing EVERYTHING the company said it WOULDN'T do! From all the positive reviews/testimonials & information on the pefectlocks.com website I thought I had found a goldmine! I'm still kind of in denial & think maybe I got a bad batch or something, & kind of want to buy from them again to see if the next batch will be better, but I don't have to money to take chances. Really thought I'd struck oil with Perfect Locks, but right now I'm going to need oil/serum to tame this crap.

**Attached are pictures 1 month after install, right after being moistured with a 70%/30% water/glycerin mix & detangled (as much as possible)
Dj
  2nd of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
**Pictures from the last post.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Total scam Ordered 18" received 16-14" which is different in price also hair was not virgin hair !
This is there responce !
550 halleyscurls IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER (in reply to RCPT
TO command)
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
When my girlfriend contacted them for a refund they sent this
550 halleyscurls IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER (in reply to RCPT
TO command)
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
halleyscurls Is a biggggggg scam ! No real office just an room with a sign on the door other business has never seen any one there and owner of building says' it's a studio mmmm
Wont give a lagit phone number either !
Ha
  27th of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The owner of Halleys Curls is Labbe, Holly. I have a phone number on her 909-399-5806. Holly Labbe is a terrible business owner. She is a scamm artist who needs to get a soul and stop trying to swindle money away from people. Also check out the bbb.org. Halley's Curls has so many complaintrs against it. She blocks buyers email address when she doesnt want to address a situation. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!

Halley's Curls

US
909-399-5806 Fax: 000-000-0000
Di
  18th of Jun, 2010
Perfect locks - I agree.. I purchased hair from Priyanka as well. I was Pissed paid close to 1000.0 for the entire order . Hair matted at the base of the neck. At first I said the same thing, " maybe is is just me". Ok, I needed to add more hair tried another brand I purchased directly from the city of China, yea I cut out the middle man. :) I used the hair I purchased from China on top strand by strand and kept Priyanka's hair at the bottom / around the edges. Ok, now I must remind you I go to the salon every week wash blow dry and out the door. Yea, it matted each and every time!!! Ladies please understand I have never had a sew in. I have always done strand by strand method. The cost varies pending what method you use- Keratin can start @$ 1400.0- (So.Cap /Great Lenghts up to $3000. .. I purchase my hair on my own which can help with the price a bit pending stylist. I have not ordered from Perfect Locks since. Oh, yea she is also toooo expensive. But you live and you learn.. I truly had a learning exp.

Also just my RANT - INDIAN HAIR DOES NOT MATCH OUR TEXTURED HAIR, REAALY! with strand by strand you have to blend your natural hair with that process, ie, shear blinding etc. It can be a nightmare and when its time for your 6wk perm etc. wow the textures change drastically. I got so sick of that especially paying to get the Keratin strand by strand method done that should last for 4months or more and in 6wks I have to, I mean have too get a perm in order for the hair to blend where it is flawless...Over 7yrs you learn so much.. Now if your doing a sew-in (Indian hair ) will probably be ok as your only leaving a very little of your own hair out. Enough of my soap box BS.. If Indian to you is the best thing since slice bread than be happy my sista's and where that brod for all its worth.. I tried my first sew in about 1 month ago and I think I like it.. lol -it feels as if I have a hat on all the time . Its weird when I go to scratch my head I can not get to it like I want too.. but I am trying to get use to it.. Oh, and I am not using PERFECT LOCKS HAIR I wanted a good YAKI hair so I did my homework and investigated a little. Company name - Bobbi Boss - hairline -"INDIREMI STRAIGHT"
It feels alot like my natural hair not soooo silky. Most of all it does not matte up at the neck. washes really well. I use SULFATE free shampoo, conditioner only on the ends...This hair does not need alot of product/ it will ruin it. I wash the hair every week my scalp every 2wks. So far so good.. SO MUCH BODY with this hair !!!

Shedding - if your stylist cut the weft to put it in .. it will shed!! I don't care if you glue it or NOT.. Since I know that- I brush over the trash can or over the toilet and I am sure to brush my clothes off once I am done to be sure Im not a walking hair bag!! Ok, ok it doesn't shed that much..lol " LOVE YOURSELF FIRST" THE REST WILL FOLLOW

hope this was useful
Ca
  11th of Sep, 2010
i am very saden by lavirginhair i did some checking up before i order my hair didnt know they would steal my money. i guess they take the opportunity to do so cause i order from the caribbean and i use moneygram. i work so hard for my money. I order loose curly hair about on the 7-31-20010 from them. i live in the caribbean when i try to order with my card it wasnt going through so i send them a mail telling them. i speck to a lady and she say they take the order i can use money gram to send the money.they call me often asure me the hair is the best and i will receive my hair has soon has the money was collected from money gram. i send the money off for my curly hair 249Us
was then toled i will receive my hair beofre the 18 of auguest i order on the 7 month 31 20010 its now the 9 month and i havent receive my hair.i will go all out to share my story with people so they can see what kind of people these people are
STEPHANIE SIMMONS WHAT U DOING IS WRONG I NEED MY MONEY BACK. i have my money gram paper to show i send my money off to you and to this day no hair. You will not prosper like this stealing other people money.
Ju
  15th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ganata66: referring to your response on "hello Gorgeous"
Did this company ever send you a confirmation email except through "paypal"? i have sent them 4 emails and have yet to recieve a reply. i placed an order with them a few weeks ago, at least if they would send a reply email. glad to know your order worked out well.
Juicygurl_1
Mc
  25th of Dec, 2010
After reading these reviews I didn't even BOTHER putting in the nasty hair I received in the mail. I took one look and knew it belonged back underneath the armit of which it came from. I sent it back AND filed a dispute with my bank. I'm getting my money back one way or another. I've been wearng a weave for several years now & KNEW something wasn't right when I received that hair. It wasn't as long as I ordered, it was dry, and was already shedding. NOT what I paid for. Thank God I didn't put it on my head. Hisandher has THE BEST cuticle hair. Don't fall for perfect locks. "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is." This hair is FAR from perfect. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
Mi
  1st of Jun, 2011
I waisted $500 dollars on their crappy hair. I ordered virgin curly and they sent me plastic looking processed hair! No refund for me.