Hair Club for Men and Women / Hair Club problems

1 10370 Richmond AvenueHouston, TX, United States Review updated:

On October 6, 2007 I went with my boyfriend to look into hair transplants and similar opportunities. Hearing about the hair club for men and women, I figured it would be a rewarding experience. As it happened, it was completely the opposite. We went in and talked to a consultant and was explained the process and completed the interview portion. She took us into the trial room and explained the payment procedures. She said we were eligible for a DISCOUNT card and said we could pay $75 a month to pay off the debt. She mentioned this a few times. She had him sign and me cosign. We even specifically asked if it was a discount card and she said yes. She then had us sign a paper that supposedly she explained everything on. The bottom of the paper with the address and company information just happened to be cut off. A couple weeks later me and my boyfriend received a credit card in both of our names with a $3000.00 charge on it. I called and cancelled the credit card immediately. We called the Hair Club repeatedly and got nothing. I guess that is normal procedure for them not to answer or call back as it has been mentioned previously by other complaints. Once we got hold of the consultant she blatantly lied to us over the phone saying she never said discount card. She also said nothing of a credit card, mind you, and she claimed she did. We are 1000% perfectly sure she said DISCOUNT card. When they did not work with us we filed a complaint with the better business bureau. After working with them the hairclub still had it come down to us paying half of the $3000.00 that we received no physical services for. So basically they reject any refunds for doing nothing, and they make you pay for receiving nothing, and in the end their customers lose. It is my advice to anyone reading this to not trust them and to read everything they ask you to sign, no matter what they say.

Va

Comments

• Do
      16th of Aug, 2008

Are there any HCM members that can tell me how muchyou paid for your membership? I think I'm getting scammed. Thanks!

• Wi
      27th of Aug, 2008

I've been a Hair Club client for at least 8 years now I believe and have had my fair share of ups & downs with them. I've never heard of a discount card in all my years with them. I currently pay 250 a month for the Bronze program (which is the low end program). Sometimes I can deal with the quality of the wig and sometimes it just looks horrible. Why I'm still there one only can figure.

• Ha
      19th of Sep, 2008

I've been a Hair Club client for almost 2 years now. I'm on the bronze program as well because of the monthly cost which is the same as what William pays each month. I have no complaints other than the price - but all the systems I've received - I've been happy with them.

The staff, for the most part, are wonderful. My stylist is an instructor as well-very knowledgeable.

• Jj
      18th of Feb, 2009

There are many levels of programs they offer. It was explained to me that each higher level gives you more systems per year anywhere from 2 to something crazy like 24 a year. Each level I just learned is a different lace type, some more fragile than others. I get six a year and have been very pleased. I have alway been able to pick the lace I want which is the thinnest most fragile best looking avaliable, its wears fine for me but maybe not for others less careful about its care. Now out of the blue I am told I cannot pick my lace and have to go with a lower quality more durable system because thats part of the 6 systems a year package (Silver I think) and cannot be deviated from. I am extrememly ticked off at this. My local HCM was just recently turned into a Corporate owned store so they tell me those are the rules and no more flexabily is allow even after years of being allow this. I don't understand the issue hear and the lack of flexabilty thats imposed of the customer. I am currently looking elsewhere but up till now have been very pleased although not all offices offer the same quality. The Oakbrook Chicago facility is one bad example of a poorly run operation unless things have changes over the years.

25th of May, 2010

I too had an awful experience with the hsn based out of nyc. for 1600 dollars my piece fell apart in two weeks. The "bio-matrix" is nothing but a full lace wig. While I sat there ctying in their office, they (all of the staff and my consultant) were suddenly "unavailable"" they let me leave their primise with a hair piece that most of the hair fell out, to make matters worse one of the staffers lied, to me and told me that I would get a new piece and none of my calls are not being returned...where do I do to complain?

• Wa
      7th of Feb, 2015

IM TRYING TO PUT A CASE AGAINST HAIR CLUB, FALSE ADVERSTESIMENT AND NOW THEY WONT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK...

*CAN YOU GUYS EMAIL ME AT WALDINAGAL@GMAIL.COM

• Ru
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Hair Club For Men - Still charging the monthly fee after 3 months of membership cancellation
    Salt Lake City
    Utah
    Hairclub.com

Please help, this company still changer me every month, I canceled my membership ( February 8) the location in Salt Lake City refused to help me, $325 is what they charge every month,