Hair Club for Men and Women / Incompetent hairstylists!

1 2 Crowne Point Ct. Suite 430Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-888-4236

I recently became a member of Hair Club for Men and Women due to thinning hair from medication. I signed up for their EXT therapy which consists or special products and vitamins as well as a monthly heat/moisture/massage treatment and a monthly cut, style and color. I was told all this was included in the more than $3000.00 I'd pay for a year of services and products.

They neglected to inform me until after my first visit that I was expected to tip as much as I would pay for the services at a high end salon. I tipped the girl $10.00 my first visit for a a wash and style... which I had to re-do when I left because it was just teased & tangled. On my next visit, I received a notice that I was expected to tip more. They did not have my products there as promised and I had to wait nearly two weeks to get some of them while others were 'forgotten.'

My hair was below my shoulders and blonde. Because of the monoxidil my roots were coming in dark so, I decided to have my hair changed to a light brown. My eyelashes and eyebrows are also blonde so, I made it clear I didn't want to go too dark and look unnatural. I also was very clear with pictures that I didn't want my hair cut above my shoulders and or to have many layers.

The stylist colored my hair an unnatural dark red and chopped all but 2-3 inches of my hair. It is uneven and looks as if a child did it. After the first cut I turned around and asked her how much she took off. She showed me the length of my hair and how much we had agreed to cut... then she chopped off another big chunk! I mentioned it again and she assured me the color would not be that dark when she was finished and that she was not taking off as much as it felt like. She said she was using a razor to 'fluff' my ends and give my hair more body. I walked out of there looking as if I were ready for Halloween. I guess since I didn't tip her what she wanted on my first visit she didn't want to have to deal with me the rest of my contract.

According to my contract I am entitled to the amount of the contract in products if I'm unhappy with the services or vice versa. Hair Club is refusing to honor their contract or acknowledge their incompetent stylist ruined my hair.

Va

Comments

• Ni
      7th of Oct, 2009

Recently I was rushed into an agreement with HC, my fault. Yes, they are not professional stylists, intentionally cut and damage your hair so that you will need to continue their service. They fail to tell about the high cost of maintenance, I am so not satified with the results. It is nothing more than a wig glued to my head which is reinforced with tape, that have to be replaced every two weeks or less. According to them the idea service agreement is a $439 monthly Gold Plan. Don't Do It! When they remove the wig from my head they cut/trimmed away nearly half of my natural hair in error, then had to reorder another wig larger to cover the area they damaged. This is a nightmare! I visit Charlotte NC location...

• Ha
      15th of Dec, 2011

It is really interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them.

• Wo
      27th of Jan, 2014

My hair was thinning, and I was tired of wearing wigs, so they promised a permanent solution, they have caused true baldnesd, and wig the glued to my head sheads so much I am afraid to comb it most times. I have had at least 4 different people working on my hair. I want to leave but so much of my hair is missing now, I look like a balding middle age man.