Hair Club / Dishonesty

1 Beverly Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

First of all I made full payment 6 weeks prior to treatment. When I was called for consultation I was introduced to Bio Matrix. The consultant, Alexander made Bio Matrix sound like part of my hair. I got excited because I thought hairtransplant cost arm and leg maybe Bio Matrix will do samething. Here is the dishonest part, Alexander or any other consultant that you may encounter will never tell what really Bio Matrix is about. Let me make very clear what Bio Matrix really is. Bio Matrix is equal to Wig, that is right you read it correctly it is wig that glued on your scalp. You sleep with it, you take shower, or when you sweem it is there. It may sound good but, take it from my experience it is like living in hell. First of all it makes your scalp ithcy, second of all when you comb your hair you won`t be able to comb your hair through, you just have to go a lttle higher. Worst part is you have to go back and get new hair and glued back on your scalp very painful process not only that everytime you get new hair you pay another $1500 plus there are variety of product that you have to use in order to keep the wig on your scalp healthy. Keep spending until they make you go broke. I am telling you from my heart go bald but never give a chance to Bio Matrix, because your health is more important and why would you want to give your hard working money to dishonest business(Hair Club). If you do a little calculation you will notice for the long run Bio Matrix is the most expensive treatment you can ever have let alone all the time that you would be wasting by going back there so many times. I tried Bio Matrix for less than a week I could not take it and I went back told them to take the hair piece off my scalp. I lost $1500, I was hoping to get some of my money back but I was told refund was out of question. Those who got ripped by Hair club please lets get together and show them that, they can not intimidate us. This high way rubbery can not go on. If we can get united we can defeat giant corporation. We must have a voice.

Va

Comments

• El
      6th of Jan, 2011

I lost $2200.00 myself. I was in the L.A./Hollywood location and the consultant Dora was also shady about what the biomatrix really was. Never did I know it would be a WIG! She would just say it would blend into my hair. I was never told I would have to replace it every 2 months because it would dry out. I was itchy. Their "Alive" doesnt work forS@#t! The second wig they put on me wasnt even with my measurements and it was bumpy, they covered my frontline, and as a result I got a rash. Dont waste your money, they lie, they are unclear until its too late. Glue and a wig are not hair solutions!When I spoke to the manager, Alexander he had very little to say as well, didnt even apollogize, he just said my service agreement was cancelled since I hadn't made any prior payments. Do not go with Hairclub!! they are cons and I'm gonna sue them!

• Ta
      27th of Feb, 2011

Yes, that is exactly what Im going through! Hair Club is so quick to run that credit check and what I didnt know was that from the day that you get the credit approval thats when everything starts even though you dont even have the "System" yet!
    I am hurt by this whole thing with HC I went to them only b/c it seemed to be the better option to hair braids extentions, wigs or weaves, little did I know I could have kept my own hair that was healthy but just a little thin in some areas and put on a wig which I could change whenever I felt like it I would not have to drive an hour just to get a soda and cookies and BS! Im 32yo black lady and I know about hair weaves really well..lol.. an when I was at HC no one ever showed an sample of the "system" to me b/c if they did heck I would have said thats a wig and you want me to pay what! H*** no when I can buy a wigs every month for 2years and still would not spend what they were charging me. A glue down hair piece wasn't 100% the problem it was the fact that I was told that the piece would cover my problem areas and that they would add on hair onto my own hair to make it match so that it would look more realistic-whatever the 'systm' is sitting right in my bathroom closet because the damn thing came off, yeah while I was maintaining it, it fell of in the shower-RIGHT! So Im looking for a lawyer and if I cant find one to take my case then I'll go to small claims court and at least get my bal to '0' and get 5k in pain and suffering! I had all the best intentions when I went to HC, now look all of us are in worse condition than when we began!
    Im going to try to upload some pictures.

• Ta
      27th of Feb, 2011

Okay Im going to try to upload these pics, sorry in advance but my scalp needs to be seen!
    The first 2 pictures are of my scalp.
    The next 3 are of me in 2 different wigs that costs only 35.00 & 25.00 at my local beauty supply store.
    Next 2 are of the "System" from Hair Club Can you see the glue tape stuff?
    The thing is Hair Club was not honest in anything, and thinking back the consultant didn't even tell me about the 3 day change your mind policy.
    I can buy 1 regular full cap wig every month at lets say 35.00 each for 2 yrs (35x24=840.00) or a lace front wig like the hair club 1 for 55.00 95.00 (95x24=2300) 2 yr cost is less than that of Hair Club's Bio System and thats a big difference!

• Te
      1st of Mar, 2011

which hair club location did you deal with... i am just beginning the bio matrix and dont like it... and yes i too signed for the monthly fee " bronze" and yes i too paid the 2800 for the piece.. they are trying .. i have been back twice..and now going on third, , the hair is dull, too thick...wrong color...cannot manage.. any advice would be appreciated..

• Th
      4th of Apr, 2011

Wow, this is so wrong Tammie. Thank you for having the courage to upload those pictures. Looks like all these people are doing is selling lacefront wigs and using some special glue to glue it down to a person's head. This is horrible. I'm a 49 year old black female and I thought about going to them because I thought it was a transplant procedure and since I'm aging I'm experiencing some thinning in the front of my head. I wanted to do some on-line research first before contacting them. Glad I found this consumer webiste!! Thank goodness for the internet. Now I see it is just a scam. I will just continue with my over-the-counter treatments or go see a dermatologist so they can recommend something for me that's legit.

5th of Apr, 2011

You went a month ago and I was thinking about it. Thank for the info. If I was you stop wasting your money and try something else. I really appreciate your feedback.

5th of Apr, 2011

Thanks Tammie for uploading your pics and telling us the truth abouth HC. I was thinking about it. Keep doing what you are doing by using wigs or weaves.

• Mz
      29th of May, 2011

wow, go to suecity!!! is that your hair stuck/pulled off from glue? hey... call gloria allrid /famous la atty

• Om
      12th of Jun, 2011

Hair-club is a total scam. Trust me, i dealt with them, the use insane pressure tactics to lure you in, you will to a point where you feel like they are about to grab you by your collar if you attempt to just get up and walk away. they try to take full advantages of your insecurities about baldness and thinning hair, they make it seem as you will shunned by society for going bald. Well, i had the courage to get up and walk away, they weren't able to get a penny from me, there were follow up phone calls trying to come back in for another free consultation, i just kept hanging up on them.. Scam..Scam..Scam..If you really want a permanent and effective solution to your hair loss problem, get a hair transplant but yeah it does cost an arm and a leg, save up for it for a couple of years and go for it.

• Tr
      3rd of Aug, 2011

Try TreeBraids4HairLoss.com instead.

• Tr
      3rd of Aug, 2011

3 months growth, and second system installed after that.

• Vi
      2nd of Sep, 2011

I was just a victim of Hair Club this Tuesday from the Chicagoland office 2500. Is what I lost and I was told I would get strand by strand to match my hair in the thinning areas instead I have chemical burns all over my scalp from th relaxer they use. Been crying fir two days haven't been back to work since so embarrassed.

16th of Oct, 2011

Thanks everyone for your input. I went today for a consultation. They said the 6 month treatment is 2, 000 and the 1 year treatment is 3000 for the year plus tax. They allowed me to read the ingrediance of there shampoo and conditioning. I always read the ingrediance on a product before I use it. they where explaining that I needed to remove the dirty and built up in and around the hair follicles. Then they allow the minoxidil to set in which allows the hair to grow and also taking vitamins along with it. They are saying totally different from what everyone else is saying. I don't Think i want to move forward with this company after what everyone just said.

• Et
      28th of Dec, 2011

I wished I could have read this before I was mislead. Every thing I've read is very true. Stay away!!! I'm Suppose to go there tomorrow to tell them to take this dry hair piece off!!! They lied and was mislead like everyone else. I've had the piece for 3 weeks. The first week the thing fell off and when I went back last week to have it adjusted I was told it wouldn't fall off again. I have the integrated matrix put on with micro clamps and I have to say I can't sleep because my hair feels like it's being pulled all nite and in the morning I feel my scalp in swollen hot and painful. When I shower the top (wig) yes wig. (And let me tell u they will get literally angry if you use the wig word) feels so heavy when in the shower it feels like someone is pulling your hair off. It's awful. I can't brush without pulling my scalp. It's always painful. I'm getting head aches. I am scheduled to go in tomorrow to take this thing off. It not a good experience. They are trying to have me switch to the glue down matrix and after reading all the feedback I don't think I will. Thank u all for inputting your honest experience. Is I too strongly feel this company is a misleading company. I had reserve when I first went and no one working there had the system on them especially when some had thinning hair themselves. Yet they were trying to sell me the 3800. Or so price I paid for a piece of dried up wig. stay away!!!

• Er
      24th of Nov, 2014

Hello there. I am a former Hair Club member. About 9 years ago i noticed my hair thinning..not too much just on the top and sides. I was beginning to get depressed and tried many different things to help the growth. I came across Hair Club online and decided to get the free scalp analysis consultation that they offered. My stylist that I had was shaving my head all the way around on the top edges and not only applied the medical adhesive to the wig but also DIRECTLY onto my scalp!! Now I have baldness all around my head. My hair will grow a little longer but won't fill in at all. After all this time I haven't seen an improvement with my hair growing back after them using the medical adhesive. I actually see it is worse now. Since hair club I have been wearing wigs for over 8 years now. I wish I had NEVER went to Hair Club in the first place. I have left so many jobs due to harassment and ridicule. I have lost tons of money due to believing in this false hope. My confidence is gone. I want to be a part of a Class Action lawsuit and join anyone who is interested. It is time to get our due diligence for all of us who have been scammed and hurt in the long run, either emotionally or financially. Please, will anyone stand with me and get our justice?? I am considering contacting a lawyer. I live in Michigan.

18th of Oct, 2015

Not all on the Internet is truth. Do your homework. People will always complain with even your favorite stores. Can't please them all, but they pleased me.
    Go to www.hairclubreviews.com for more recent comments.
    They've pleased way more than they've upset.
    Good luck all...

4th of Feb, 2016

I think I may cancel my appointment tomorrow in Jacksonville Florida after reading all of this!
    Does anyone know what may be a better solution to Hair lost? Has anyone tried Bosley or are they all alike???
    DB

• Ti
      16th of Jun, 2016

I am myself a victim of hair club the one in west palm beach. The product extreme that they use is not working for me after 9 month of using them and went every month for treatment. I am still bald in my crown..and my hair overall hair grow only 3 inches. I went to them because of that problem my crown part of my hair was falling off. they decided to shave my hair almost completely that i regret. Unfortunately i lost 1 377.10 partial of the overall cost and still have a balance of 737 that i am not going to continue to paid them. I am so happy that i found that blog hope other people find it too and all together we can stop that ..