Haier India / Service issues
I am an irate customer who is a disappointed owner of a Haier
Refrigerator. After having faced many hurdles and roadblocks in dealing with Haier service center, senior executives & engineers as a last resort I am putting up this blog, hoping someone responsible enough in Haier reads this and is sensitive to the problems we have been facing.
Our refrigerator has been behaving extremely erratic over the past few weeks. As I write today, the refrigerator has again stopped functioning. The refrigerator was brought in June 2007 from Croma (retail chain of Tata's). I am trying to summarise the sequence of events over the past couple of weeks during which time we have registerd four service complaints:
Complaint #1 [protected]
Complaint #2 [protected]
Complaint #3 [protected]
Complaint #4 [protected]
1) Our initial complaint of 'refrigerator not cooling' was fixed by
refill of GAS. The problem recurred in two days and the same remedial action was taken.
2) The problem resurfaced once again couple of days later. It took
Haier service center three days to send appropriate personnel to our place after we had followed up on multiple ocassions with senior executives. The service center to which the work has been
outsourced were not at all responsive.
3) Requests were made to Haier for a temporary standby refrigerator, the request was turned down.
4) At this point the senior engineer took the call of replacing the
compressor. We did request that the refrigerator be replaced since we had lost confidence in its functioning but eventually went with the engineers judgement.
5) The problem resurfaced on 10th April. The problem was rectified by replacing the compressor. I was given to understand that the compressor fixed earlier was not the correct part number. Wonder why an incorrect compressor was fixed into the fridge at the first place
6) The fridge has given up again in precisely two days time. I have just registered the complaint # [protected]. I am again waiting for so called "COMPETENT ENGINEERS" to take a look at the problem. On phone, I have each time requested that Haier provide us a replacement refrigerator but it looks like there is no inclination to satisfy the customer. That has and will probabaly be last on the list of Haier's priorties. Haier engineers have made our refrigerator their testing ground and are perhaps waiting for enough time to pass so that the warranty expires. We are completely frustrated with the performance of the refrigerator and more so with the reluctance of senior staff at Haier not being able to simplify matters by replacing the product.
We have gone through a lot dealing with these people, I do not want to pen down each of my grievances, that we have had difficult times is a understatement.
Having summarised the chronology of the incidents, here are places i feel that Haier has dissapointed me:
1) Senior executives have taken things casually, the fact that i have taken pains to escalate things to them has never really helped me in any manner. So casual they are in their approach that i really have never got calls back from them and only after i have made 3-4 calls to them they have reacted and got people mobilised.
2) Haier is amongst the leading manufacturers of refrigerators
worldwide. It is surprising that a simple request for a small refrigerator as standby was declined.
3) It is not clear to me what is the trigger to get the refrigerator
replaced. I have had frequent failures of the refrigerator in the past couple of weeks, I really have no hope that any fix provided to me would be long term. For some vague reason the Haier team refuses to acknowledge the obvious. In today's times refrigerator is a critical utility and not a luxury, we cannot have it not working for 8 days in the past 2.5 weeks.
4) Have tried using links provided for customer on Haier website which allow customers to escalate a service problem. These do not reach the correct people, i have never recieved any feedback after having posted similar blogs on their own links
More Haier India Complaints & Reviews
- Haier Air Conditioner - Poor after sales service! 
- Haier America - Company will not replace broken machine under warranty! 
- Haier India - Pathetic customer service! 
- Haier-Shop - Do not deliver ordered items 
- Haier America - Complaint on ESP 
- Haier Official - hwm 75-918
- Haier - Faulty brand new air conditioner
- Haier Appliance Pvt Ltd - Led TV
- Haier Top Load Washer - HHGregg Extended Warranty
- Haier Dehumidifier - will not honor warranty