H& R Block / Fraud

1 NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 518-643-9528

Many of us have heard the phrase, “Let the buyer beware” and sadly it applies to our family. For many years I have had H&R Block do our taxes. The motivation; I wanted the security that came with the “Peace of Mind” protection plan that if there was an error they would be financially responsible. I made this clear the first time I went and was led to believe I had this coverage each year I returned. Everyone I dealt with led me to believe I had the coverage. Recently I received a notice from IRS that there was a mistake on my 2006 taxes and I owe $2400. I called H&R Block and they pulled up my file on a computer. I was told to relax and that I have the “Peace of Mind” protection. To make a long story short, I do not. It did not matter to H&R Block that I was lead to believe all these years that I had the coverage and the fee supported this belief. What mattered were their records and according to them, I never asked for the protection which is not true. I trusted this company. I write this as I want everyone aware of this situation and to know the “Peace of Mind” protection is only $30 more!! I am one of those people who buy the maintenance agreement of items, and extend them when it comes up to renewal. Why wouldn’t I pay the $30 more to have the “Peace of Protection” – sadly it is because I thought I had it. I will not ever use this company again but if you do, please make them show you that you in fact do have the “Peace of Mind” protection. Don’t trust them as I did….

Da

More H& R Block Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pr
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Dear, consumer sounds like that was a minor mistake, unfortunately the id numbers were either entered wrong or they were listed wrong, in any case this should not cause you to lose focus on what is right, trust me even though this consumed much of your time, just think about if it had been any other retail tax company will they meet the same standards as H& R Block in my opinion I don't think so . My suggestion to you is to do a little research on any company before you decide to leave block, then ask the company these question:
    > are you registered with the IRS
    >How much training have you had for the tax season to understand the changes in the tax laws
    >Will you guaranteee the accuracy of your work, If you make a mistake or error on my taxes will you pay the penalities and interest caused by the error
    >Are you skilled in my specific occupation
    >Can I approve online

• Wi
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    H& R Block - not getting tax info right to file eft
    Willa Fitzgerald
    Missouri

I paid over $600.00 for tax returns to H&R Block last thursday. My returns were to go electrioncially, but have gotten 8 phones for IRS my returns are not correct.id numbers are incorrect.Now I have to make another trip to H&R now, to have the returns sent paper. This will be the last time I will use H&R block.
    Thier prices are outragous and the last 2 years I have
    had to pay IRS. Also 8 phones to My H&R block people.
    This has been a mightmare.