H & R Block Emerald Green Card / lost tax refund

United States, Virginia, Staunton Review updated:
H & R Block
I filed my taxes with H & R block in January and paid the fees to get my refund put on an emerald green card and receive my refund within 8-15 days. I was told I would receive notification when my refund was credited to my card. On Feb 13th, I got that notification. I checked the website to make sure that my money was there and to my surprise, it was not. Due to the high volume of refunds being processed, my money would not be available until after 5 pm. Ok this was cool I could waite a few hours. After 5pm I checked the site and my money was not there. I called the number to find out where my money was and was put on hold then received a recording "due to the high number of calls I would have to try my call again later" My emerald green card was charged $2 for the call. Now I have not refund and I am in debt $2. I spent days making calls and hours on the phone (mostly on hold). I actually waited on hold for a manager on the H & R Block line to answer my call for 3 hours and 33 minutes. It is now the last day of February, I have no refund money. H & R Block says that it was an internal problem at their bank HSBC. The bank said they sent the refund back to the IRS on the 14th of February and the IRS says my money was deposited in my account on the 13th of February. No one knows where my money is and the last call I had with H & R Block, they said that if their bank sent the money back to the IRS, it would be two months before I would receive my money. I am a 19 year old single mother who is trying to get a home for me and my new son. I have never heard of anyone acting as unprofessionally as H & R Block and their bank. All of their promises are just fancy words and when it comes down to having someone there to help you, all they know how to do is put you on hold for hours, blame other people and hang up on you. I will never deal with them again.

A  18th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You are smart to never deal with H&R Block or HSBC Bank or the Emerald Card again. I only hope that others heed your advise. I too have had a nightmarish experience with these idiots. My advise also is STAY AWAY!! The $2 they charge you for trying to find out where you money is just adds insult to injury.
A  21st of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
the same happened to me my money through the irs shows posted on my emerald card on the 19th of march but does not show on my account, Yeah alot of good they have done for us smaller people with the trust of others words.
N  7th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I been with H and R Blocks since 2000 and till these days I have not had trouble with them. As soon as I file my Taxes I get my money deposited on the date they give me. I guess H and R Blocks isn't for everyone.
N  12th of Feb, 2011 by
I am kind of in the same situation! I called the IRS and they told me our refund was deposited. I called the bank yesterday and they said it was there and would be deposited that day. It was not deposited so i called the bank again today and they said they never recieved a deposit from the IRS. One answer yesterday and a totally different one today!