H N R Block / taking money away....

H N R Block
Recently my husband & I got are taxes done at H N R Block and all I can say is what a RIP they are!!!First of all they charge you almost $300 just to get them done...and all the lil other hidden fees.Its all just awful.We decided to also use that Emerald card...BIG MISTAKE.We had over 700 left on t he card & it said we had none.I called the local office & the main guy there called to see what was up & I guess there was a so called GLITCH in their system...& my $$$ would be back on the card with in 48 hours.48 hours later...still not fixed...lets put it this way...WE WONT BE GOING THERE AGaIN!!!They SUCK...anything to get$$$$$...they say they care BS!!!They will be getting another call here soon!

A  8th of Mar, 2009 by
I agree 100%. I too am having a problem with the emerald card. I was supposed to receive my money by Feb. 16 and was $800.00 short. I called the office that did my return and they said that they only owed me a little over $400.00. That was 2 weeks ago and that money hasn't been put on my card yet either. Another thing that they fail to tell you about the card is that every time you use an ATM they charge you $1.95 even if there isn't a fee from the ATM. So I would advise anybody not to have their taxes done by these crooks. This will be my last time giving them a penny.
A  18th of Feb, 2010 by
H & R ripped me off to. We were charged $644. oo for doing our taxes. We had usually got our taxes done somewhere else and only charged $45 bucks no matter what we had for paperwork.The only reason we went to them was because my other CPA said that I could not claim my miles for truck driving, so we went to H & R Block. We knew that it was going to cost little more but we knew that we were going to get back more. I was told that is was going to be somewhere around $150 to $250.When we got the final papework back for all the things they charged us, me and my wife look at each other and about fell over. I am surpised that they did not charge us for coming in and sitting down. We called and complained to the main branch but they did nothing. They told us to bad, we signed the papers. They tried to give us a $100 coupon off for next year, we laughed at them and told them to shove it.WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AND WE ARE TELLING EVERBODY WE KNOW ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. THEY SUCK... AND ARE A BUNCH OF RIP OFF ARTISTS !!!1