H H GREGGCouldn't deliver product purchased

Purchased an GPX 8" portable DVD player on November 25th. Product was not in stock and had to be shipped from warehouse. I was told to pick up the item at the store on Monday, December 1st. I went to the customer pick up department on December 1st and a clerk took my ticket. After approx. 10 minutes - Larry told me the they didn't have the product and couldn't guarantee it before Christmas. He indicated after Black Friday, they didn't have any left. I told him that shouldn't have been a problem because mine was ordered and paid for prior to Black Friday. He said the only thing he could do was substitute a 7" model. Why would I want a lesser product for the same price. I indicated I'd take my money back. He stated a check would be mailed to me in approx. 14 days. I indicated that was not acceptable. I had paid for a product they couldn't deliver and I had to wait 14 days for them to give my money back.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Greenwood, IN He indicated that he didn't know if my check would clear. I had given him a check and he was giving me a check. I said fine where's my check? He said it's like an I.O.U. I said it was poor business practice and I bet the next thing he'd offer was a handshake. I stated I was very upset. He told me life's not fair. I can't believe in today's economy and with all of the retailers crying because their not making a profit, I would be treated like that. There is a good ending to my story. I now have a brand new GPX 8" portable DVD player in my possession. I went to Sears and bought it. Oh, that new big screen TV I had planned on purchasing as my Christmas present to myself at HH Gregg...Sears sells that too! I only hope Larry improves his customer service skills or gets another job! He clearly is not cut out at his current position. I have purchased 2 washers, a dryer, a dishwasher, a refrigerator and other misc. items at HH Gregg. They've just lost a faithful customer.