H H GREGG / Faulty product, no customer service!

I made a mistake, I fell for the hype. We only had a short time to purchase a new TV, to receive money from our insurance co., for our RCA 52" projection TV, that I'd had for 12 years. Lightning hit the transformer behind our house, and damaged several electronic items including our big screen TV. Now to get back to my point.It's Saturday, Sept. 15, I'd heard that HHGregg was having a "big sale" "'til midnight only". My wife and I new we must purchase a TV similar to the one being replaced [per insurance co. rules].We stopped by our local HHGregg store in Bowling Green, KY. Our friendly salesperson, Nathan, was very helpful, showing us all the models and sizes of TV's. We finally decided on a Mitsubsubishi 57" DLP, for $1,499.97 ,not too bad.Then we were informed ,that it had a stand made especially for that model,and it was nice, so for an additional $359.97., we were all set. Now for the fun part, we paid in full $1971.54 on our debit card. We decided to decline the extended warranty, because according to Consumer Reports, and other news shows, one normally doesn't use these and it's a waste of money.This TV comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty ,which should suffice if there is any defect. O.K. Six weeks later the problems start. The picture flickers for a few seconds, then the TV shuts off, with the lamp indicator light glowing red. I push reset button, then, unplug overnight , according to the manual. Then I contact HHG. Service Dept.,they in turn connect me to Mitsubishi. A week later, after the "red tape", they send me a replacement bulb.Two days later, same problem. I call HHG ,they connect me to Mitsu. I get a list of local serv. companies. The first was a wrong number, the next one didn't have a serv. dept., the next one connected me to HHGreggs, Customer Service Center. Finally I get a number for Norman's Electronics, based in GA, this is the only service contractor listed on Mitsubishi's website.It would be the end of next week, before they could send a Technician to my house. Meanwhile a nice young lady at HHGregg in Clarksville, TN, which was on my "list",faxed my info. to Mike's Elect. in Bowling Green, KY. They called me about servicing the TV, but once again it would be more than a week later.I call HHG again to see if they can do anything,the woman in Cust. Serv. informs me that Mike's Elect. is not on the Serv. Contractor "list". Because the TV is under manufact. warranty, it can only be Norman's Elect. that can service the TV. Now it's been three weeks since we've been able to watch our "NEW" TV. Yesterday, the Tech. showed up, to repair the TV, again a very nice guy, he thought he knew what the problem was. The TV shut off before he got out of the driveway. I ran out and stopped him. He said " it could be a lot of things". He's going to order some parts, and in a week to a week and a half, he will call to set up a time to start replacing parts.This morning I called HHGregg to see if there was anything that they could or would do. I was told, since I'd had the TV for more than 10 days that I would just have to deal with the manufacturer. I don't like to complain,but I do remodeling and home repair, and if I do a job, and the customer isn't happy, I will return as many times as I need to, at no extra charge, to fix the problem. It may cut into your profits, but thats how you get repeat customers, and new ones ,by word of mouth. I told the guy from Cust. Serv. that " I felt like, since they had gotten there money, that it wasn't their problem anymore " and " I should have bought the TV on credit, then I could bring the "lemon" back to them, and cut my losses." Then I asked if, since they weren't going to do anything , is my only alternative to deal with Mitsubishi ? He said " Yeah, basically." So basically, I think I've learned a lesson. The next time I need to buy electronics, I'll go to Wal- Mart, I've never had a problem returning anything there. Wish me luck dealing with Mitsubishi, and getting to watch football on my 57" Lemon, sitting there collecting dust. As for HHGregg, I'm not going to call them anymore, nor will I ever set foot in one of their stores. And my word of mouth is," Don't go to HHGregg for anything! " They don't care about you the customer, only their profits. I don't see how they can stay in business for very long like that. My wife may get pissed and call them, and if she does, GOD help their souls.

Comments

• Li
      11th of Nov, 2007

THIS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11th ME & MY HUSBAND CAME INTO YOUR 7024 SMITH CORNERS BLVD LOCATION TO PURCHASE A WASHER & DRYER BUT NO-ONE EVER CAME OVER TO HELP US OR JUST TO SAY HELLO! I COUNTED ABOUT 15 EMPLOYEES IN THIS STORE AND MOST OF THEM WERE NOT HELPING ANYONE OR DOING ANYTHING, ME & MY HUSBAND LOOKED RIGHT INTO 6 OF YOUR EMPLOYEES EYES BUT THEY NEVER SAID ANYTHING NOT EVEN A SMILE.
    WE STAYED IN THE WASHER & DRYER DEPT FOR OVER 30 min AND NO-ONE CAME OVER TO HELP US , I`D LIKE TO KNOW WHY.

BE FOR WE LEFT I ASKED THE MEN AT THE FRONT OF THE STORE WHAT WAS THE MANAGERS NAME ON DUTY AND HE SAID THERE WERE THREE MANAGERS ON DUTY, A WOMAN NAMED AIREN AND A MAN NAMED MATT & I`M NOT SURE OF THE LAST MANAGERS NAME.

I`V WORKED IN RETAIL FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH POOR CUSTOMER IN MY LIFE, I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN MY EXPERIENCE AT HHGREGG THAT WAS ME & MY HUSBAND FIRST TIME IN A HHGREGG STORE AND DON`T KNOW IF WE`LL BACK.

PLEASE HAVE YOUR DISTRICT MANAGER CONTACT ME TO TALK ABOUT THIS.

DAYTIME-704-351-1799
    SINCERELY, LISA JONES

26th of Jan, 2008

First of all, this is https://www.complaintsboard.com, not hhgregg's own website. Second, caps-lock is not cruise control for cool. Third, It is important to spell check, and grammar check your posts.

On a more relevant note, however, you honestly stood in the appliance area for half an hour with the intent to purchase and didn't make any effort to grab somebody to help you? At least you could have gone to a different store.

I can't begin to fathom the serious mental difficulties someone with your evident faculties intact must combat every day. You are the kind of person that gives an aspirin a headache. Please take your crazy elsewhere, we are all full up here, thanks.

• Da
      13th of Feb, 2008

LISA, I AM SO COOL, NO WON WANS TO HELP ME NETHER. You go Master Shake.

• Mi
      18th of Feb, 2008

LOL Have Consumer Reports pay for your tv there the ones who told you not to by the extended warranty. HH Greggs would had replaced it by now. They replace mine it took like 2 months but it got done.

• He
      12th of Jul, 2010

CAPS ARE LAME AND SO IS YOUR PATHETIC STORY.

As far as the original story teller goes...your an idiot. They explained the protection plan with you but you decided to go with the manufactors warranty which means that if there's a problem then you will contact the manufactor not the store you bought it from two months ago. Protection a waste of money...you tell me. And PS the guys on the radio buy protection.