H H GREGG / Poor service!

I purchased a TV from HH Gregg, with 12 month fin. in Dec. 2006... I paid it off in March of 2007, I discovered that the second payment was not applied to my account, so I paid it again so I would not incur interest.

I have written them twice, provided them with copies of the checks and I still have not gotten anything but a stupid form letter from them. I want my $325.00 back! You can not reach them by phone, so forget that, you cannot reach them by e-mail, so forget that also. They have cost me about $40.00 in bank fees to get copies and certified mailing.

I am filing a complaint with the BBB and I wish I could save others from this same ordeal!

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM FROM H. H. GREGG AND I WISH G E MONEY BANK WOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOR BEING SO NEGLIGENT IN THEIR PRACTICES.

Comments

• Tw
      9th of Jul, 2007

I will never, ever, ever buy another anything from HH Gregg. We purchased a refrigerator from them two years ago. First the refrigerator they sold us was not available after purchase. They did make an appropriate substitution. However, the installers book a shelf and it took us weeks to get it replaced.

Our second mistake was to purchase an extended warranty. The first time we called for a general maintenance service, we we not in the "system." It took a few calls to get this straight. This is my second maintenance call and the third-party service provider is "terrible." They were rude and did not want to honor the contract.

My extended service contract is valid until 2010. I am finding it a lot of work to get what I paid for with HH Gregg. It was much easier to deal with (I can't believe I'm saying this) Sears.

• Pa
      5th of Oct, 2007

wait until i get thru with jason at g e money bank - it doesnt seem to do any good to call, write or even hire an attorney - jason - look over your shoulder [censored]

• Ni
      29th of Oct, 2008

I would like to know how it is HHGreggs fault that G.E. Money Bank is messing up your account? G.E. provides the card to you and it is your responsiblity to follow up with them. I think you need to look deep within yourself and realize that you are mad at the wrong company. HHGregg does not personally handle the G.E. accounts

• Bi
      17th of Nov, 2008

I purchased a small refrigerator that was on sale from the HHGregg store in Piqua, OH. It's been one big hassle. I am 65 years old, and it's a 50+ mile round trip.

The hassle began when I called to see if it was in stock, they said it wasn’t, and I'd have to come in and pay for it, before they'd order it. They wouldn't take my credit card over the phone. So I drove over and paid cash.

When it came in, I called and asked if they'd deliver it. They told me I had to come in first and pay for the delivery, (they would not trust me to pay the delivery man). So I called a friend, and we went to pick it up instead.

When I got it home, it was defective, it wouldn't cool. I called the store, they told me to call the service center, who told me I'd have to call the manufacturer. I called them, they said they'd send someone out to fix it.

After no one came to fix it in the next five days, I called the store back. I talked to the manager this time. He said he'd order me a new one, but I had to bring this one back, before he'd order it. That would be two more trips over and back. But I said OK.

This morning we decided to just get our money back, we had enough hassle already. When I got to the store, I told the manager I just wanted a refund. He got a little pissy, and said that’s not what we agreed on last night. I told him I changed my mind, we’d been hassled enough.

He said he’d give me a refund, but he had the right to charge me a 20% restocking fee. (That was about $54.00.) I asked him how he could charge a restocking fee when he sold me defective merchandise. He said I should have read the back of the invoice. I said I’d pay the restocking fee, just write it up. When I asked for the cash back, he said they’d send a check in the next 7 to 10 days, he said they also had the right do this as it was also stated on the back of the invoice.

Before I walked out of the store, I told him he was going to get a little publicity. I’d write the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, and post this on several web sites. He said he didn’t care.

• Bi
      18th of Nov, 2008

We purchased a small refrigerator that was on sale from the HHGregg store in Piqua, OH. It's been one big hassle. I am 65 years old, and it's a 50+ mile round trip.

When it came in, I called and asked if they'd deliver it. They told me I had to come in first and pay for the delivery, (Evidently, they would not trust me to pay the delivery man). So I called a friend, and we went to pick it up instead.

The next morning my wife and I decided to just get our money back, we’d had enough hassle already. When I got to the store, I told the manager I just wanted a refund. He got a little pissy, and said that’s not what we agreed on last night. I told him I changed my mind, we’d been hassled enough.

Before I walked out of the store, I told him he was going to get a little publicity. I’d write the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, and post this on several web sites. He didn’t seem to care.

30th of Jun, 2009

my name is mark fields i was a delivery man for hh gregg from 2000-2008 in columbus ohio, i thought i would google hh gregg complaints just for sh!#$ and giggles.

i have taken the time to read over several complaints and if this kind of treatment did, not happen to you, well an average person reading this stuff probaly would not believe some of these things that the customers are complaining about.

well average joe let me tell you from the inside of that operation, the gentleman that states about the 20% repacking fee is not even scratching the surface.however it does state on the back of the invoice if you return a item you will be charged that fee, if you dont have the box packing materials etc. ok the invoice is around 9-12 inches and in very small print its like reading a book and you need a lawyer to understand it and who the heck reads that stuff any way. you should be told sir/mamm on the back of the invoice is some very inportant information about our return policy please take some time to read over it.however in his situation the refrigerater never worked and he was, not to pay that fee.im sorry to hear he gave in and did so. i wondered if the mob was running that place, let me tell you i delivered for sears for fourteen yrs. prior to going to hh gregg and how they do things today i dont know but from 1987-2000 the customer service was second to none and a manager would have never talked to a customer the way the man was talked to in piqua, oh.

i was layed off and my job was contracted out in june of 08, i am not bidder over that i understand it was a buss. decision. this is how they treat there employees on june-13-2008 on a friday after our shift they call us into the office and say we are going in a diffrent direction and you can turn in your cell phones uniforms etc. no notice nothing, all im sorry i forgot they gave us one weeks wages.you can, not quit that comany with a two week notice, i seen it happen several times people tried to do the right thing and give a notice they tell you to leave right then in there, they only hire people for management that are rude and heartless, they had stated to me several times that i would never be a manager and my reply was always the same, your right i cant stoop that low where im from we treat people with respect.

they have a bounus you can get as a delivery man every mounth, which is just about impossible to achieve.let me tell you why it is based on from the time the customer walks into the store untill there product is delivered, the customer is asked how was there over all experience.more offten than not when you arrive to the customers home they are heated about something the salesman or one of there beloved managers have done to them.

and then in the stand up meetings they have every morning they jump all over the delivery man for not making atleast a 92% customer satisfaction survey, and send most of the delivery personell out the door with a low morall and a madd as heck and a lot of them cant shake it off thru the day and who do you thinks suffers from that, thats right the customer.i would tell them you cant make survey here when your always trying to smooth over what the store has done and the way they treat the customer its like puting out a california wild, impossible!! i delivered to a lawyer one time and they had tried some of there crap on him not knowing he was a lawyer and he told me he was in the middle of sueing them, i asked him what it was and he told me nothing to concearn my self with and did, not want to go into it but as i was leaveing he said if the people in the store was like you they would be an exlent company.well that made me feel good but it was something i was use to hearing because i never went to there level i kept the manners i was raised with and the seminars we went to thru the years at sears on how to treat customers and how to deal with angry and not so pleasent ones sometimes. i put my name on this because i dont shy away from whats right and what i believe to be the truth, with out the customer where would you be.

• Cl
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Bought all new kitchen appliances last October 2008. In Nov 2009 (13 months later) the dishwasher died. Called HHgreg for service and was sent a contract repair co to fix (A&E Factory Service - Birmingham, AL. We paid $378 for the dishwasher 13 months ago and was charged $249 to to repair it. Knew I should have called Sears. Knew I should have gone to Sears to purchase in the first place. We've had a Kenmore washer and dryer for over 20 years and have never had to repair. Still running like the first day we bought them. I will NEVER EVER buy from HHgregg again. I could bought another brand new dishwasher (from someone else for sure) for that price.

• Co
      20th of Apr, 2010

All these statements are pretty...well ###ed is the nicest terms I can put it in. To the 65 year old, your an idiot, would you buy a car over the phone? I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't. To the guy with the credit card, your also an idiot, HHGREGG has nothing to do with that. It's all through the credit company. For the person with the defective refrigerator, another idiot, ITS DEFECTIVE, do you blame Carmax or other car retailers for selling you a toyota even though toyota has many many many defective 2010 models and 2009, no you freaking idiot, its Toyotas fault, not the car retailer. I swear the public just gets dumber and dumber by the week. You all are probably the people that kick tires to see how good the car is. And to the guy who bought the dishwasher and died...Get a freaking service plan, you wouldnt of had to pay for ###, it all would have been covered. You screwed yourselves, and you blame the people that have nothing to do with the actual problem. Good day

• He
      12th of Jul, 2010

Consumersaredumb26 you forgot to tell the guy who bought the dishwasher that he was an idiot so I'll take care of that one for you...Clou, you're an idiot!

• Fo
      12th of Nov, 2010

Former employee and it is the WORST on the planet to work for.