H‑E‑B / unethical, unprofessional behavior against heb security personnel at the store at 725 e. villa maria in bryan tx.

Bryan, Texasbryan tx, United States

I am a 54 yr. old Black man that lives about 2 miles from the store. I've been shopping there nearly 4 yrs. I like the prices and products, but the way the security personnel treat me is unethical and unprofessional. I am certain that they treat me this way is because of a form of discrimination, not racial, because employees there are of all races that are involved in this disgusting behavior. Again I've been shopping there for nearly 4 years. I dress the way I do is what's comfortable to me. I believe they treat me like a game who can catch the Bum stealing first. I only come to shop not steal. As soon as enter the store they swarm me peeping around corners, following me throughout the store. On day I was in the produce area looking at the Roma tomatoes and an Asian employee named May was pretending to be mopping. As I turned to grab a plastic sack she was so close to me that I nearly tripped over the mop. I have arthiritis in both knees and if I was to fall I could have seriously injured my self. After I paid for my groceries and headed out the exit I spotted her peeping around a corner at me. There's a young black woman wearing a yellow shirt and glasses that does the same thing but she went further. As I was about to approach the checkout line she stepped in front of me blocking my path to the register pretending to pick up empty hand carry baskets. She also stepped in my path as I was existing store with a broom pretending to sweeping. It has gotten so bad that I fear shopping there because they may try to have me arrested on false charges. There a Arab guy wearing a yellow shirt that stands at the exit as I leave. There's also an older black woman that wears a grey shirt that started following me as I entered the store and as I again approached the checkout line she came upon me and started taking my groceries out of my basket, I had to tell her twice that I can do it myself. There's another young guy that looked like an Asian that has a buzz haircut treats me the same way. Also a white guy, tall wearing a yellow shirt treats me the same way. I've been saving up for a car so that I can shop somewhere else. My name is Jerry Mitchell, [protected]. I am a disabled Veteran as well as a college student. Before I was rear-ended last year and my car totaled I was attending Austin Community College in Austin Tx. Last year I was inducted into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars which is an honor society there. ACC has 8 or 9 campuses in and around the Austin area. Last year there were about 150 students that were inducted into the organization out of the total of over 62, 000 students, 25 were Black. I was one of Blacks as well as the oldest of all of the inducted. On Nov. 22 last year I was invited to attend the International Scholar Laureate Program Delegation on Business and Entrepreneurship held in China and Australia. I feel that this is a management problem and should be addressed ASAP. I feel that these people are out of control.

Je