H and R Block / tax preperation

1 Concord, NC, United States Review updated:

I too have been screwed by the tax professionals at H & R Block.
I have used H&R Block for many years, in Maryland, and I have always been happy with their performance. I have recently moved to Charlotte, NC and I guess the standards down south are sub-par. My 'tax professional' entered my home mortgage interest as interest income. I am not an accountant and I do not pretend to be one but last night I looked over my tax paperwork prepared by H & R Block and I noticed this and like 5 other mistakes. I went back to H & R Block and they corrected their mistake and apologized BUT that dose not change that I now have to wait over 2 months for $2000.00 that I should have received in 8 to 15 business days. I don't know how well off you are but I don't like my money earning interest for someone else when it should be in my account. They could have waived their $247.00 fee. As a mater of fact they would not even refund the cost of preparing the 'Schedule B' that was not needed on my return. They claimed it was only a few bucks and I should not worry about it. It goes without saying I will never use H & R Block again and I will try to save anyone else from making that same mistake.
I could not make a mistake that big in my line of work without repercussions.

-Thanks

Comments

At
  21st of Mar, 2008

I got a call a few days ago from David Neese a franchise owner of H&R Block and he apologized for my inconvenience and gave me a check for $247.00. He also fired the lady that did my taxes. I feel like David did right by me. I again feel confident in H & R Block. I will use them as I have in the past. One bad experience that was fixed in a great manor will not stop me from patronizing them in the future.
Hopefully everyone that has had a valid bad experience with H&R Block will get a call like mine.

Ma
  7th of Apr, 2008

H&R Block bu-- sh--t I found out that a mgr. In LA Down Town Ca. had 60 ID with her name on it. she has 2 offices. Look out for her.
At H & R Block its a sick lady named Roberta Ly-- telling cilents about a young girl that was in her office buisness. Let talk about your son that die in dec. his head nexts to his body. I hear ever thing that gones on at the block. how family members can work in one distict about40 people said Inglewood Ca.

Ly
  8th of Jan, 2009

I've been doing my taxes with H&R Block for many years, and last year they really screwed me over big time. I ended up getting re assessed and owed Canada Rev $1700!!! RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

To make matters worse, i phoned head office and complained...they told me that there is nothing they can do and it was not their mistake...i told them that the lady who did my taxes was on the phone with Rev Can. for a while and should have known something was wrong. If i wanted to screw up that badly i would have done the taxes myself! WHAT THE HELL AM I PAYING THEM FOR? They proceeded to tell me that that phone call was not documented in my file...i said that obviously their emplyees are not doing their job PROPERLY because Rev Can. has it documented! I then asked to speak to someone with higher authority!!! I AM STILL WAITING FOR HIM TO CALL ME BACK AND THIS WAS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

Any advice??????

Sh
  15th of Jan, 2009

I AM VERY ANGRY THAT HR BLOCK EMPLYEES OBVIOUSLY NOT DOIGING THERE JOBS!!! THEY HAVE COAST ME ALOT.

Un
  5th of Feb, 2009

I recently decided to go to HR Block because I had a bad experience somewhere else (LIberty Tax). I went online and picked the most experienced person in the office. To make a long story short, I completed the paperwork on Monday, the refund check should have been ready on Wed. It is not Thursday, my husband calls and he finds out the papers were still sitting on somebody's desk. I'm OUTRAGED! I'm paying them over $260.00 and they have not even doen their job. I want to know who do I contact to get my service charged refunded to me. The manager of that branch has not returned any of our calls.

Ri
  5th of Apr, 2011

Several comments. First, mistakes happen! When you go to the doctor and he gives you a prescription to fix a problem and it doesn't work, do you go get your money back? No you don't! You go back and he gives you another prescription and says, "try this and if your not better in 2 weeks come back". Why does no one ever ask for their money back from doctors?
Second, if they fixed the mistake then you shouldn't complain.
Thirdly, a lot of the mistakes that preparers make are due to uneducated people like most of you not bringing the correct info.

Ed
  6th of Apr, 2011

Yes H&R Block is horrible. Every visit I have made in the past three years has made me laugh aloud. The "tax experts" are just people who took a summer course and, for the early tax filers, will most likely be their first file they do!

My family members take me along when they go because, although I am not a tax expert, I do know how to file, where to look for deductions deductions, and the overall procedure of income tax filing. Every visit I have made with girlfriend or relative, I have pointed out mistakes and corrected them. Naturally I did miss one of their mistakes and my girlfriend now has the Canada Revenue Agency up her [censor]. On top of that, her mother got cussed out by one the tax reps when she asked “why is taking 2 hours to do my taxes?".

H&R employees brace yourselves, I will make it a hobby of mine to fish out these incompetent workers and bring, justice, for lack of a better word, to those they have screwed over.

Ka
  12th of Oct, 2012

I had the bad experience for my tax return of 2011. The made a big mistake forgot I had paid my estimated income tax quarterly. Fortunately IRS paid me back the over payment several months later. Their policy is if they make mistake they will refund the preparation fee. They refused to do that and only agree to give me a coupon of $100 for my next tax preparation. Who would like to go back for their terrible service !
Fairfield, California