H and R Block / mistake

1 Blair, NE, United States Review updated:

H and R Block made a income tax mistake on my 2006 taxes and now I owe over 4, 000 dollars in back taxes! The mistake was made when the preparer didn't look at all the income paperwork that we had turned in to them. H and R Block dragged there feet and finally agreed to pay the penalty and refund the tax prep for that year. But we are now left with the back taxes. We do NOT have 4, 000 dollars sitting in our cookie jar so we will have to make payments to the IRS along with interest for H and R Blocks mistake! There reply was "make sure you check your return over before you sign it" I think this stinks and want to let potential consumers know that H and R Blocks advertising statement "Satisfaction Guaranteed" is just advertising flu[censored]

We will not be having are taxes done by these "professionals" EVER AGAIN!

Va

Comments

• It
      20th of Feb, 2009

i did the mistake of doing the advance with h+r block and it completely ruined my refund. according to them you would only be approved for the refund if ur tax return was a large sum, if it wasnt then you wouldnt be approved for a line of credit. so when i went they told me my refund would be about 2, 045 for 2008. and that i was approved for 500. so in my mind i thought when it came time to do my taxes i would be able to pay it back and still have enough left over to catch up on some bills. needless to say when it came tax time the person who did my loan messed up with the figures and i was only getting back 692.00 in that case i wouldnt have been approved for the line of 500.00 if my refund was that small. so they ended up taking 527.00 for the loan which was supposed to be 500.00 and then took out another fee of 78.00 and then having to pay the state 164.00 so i ended up walking away with 57.00 at the end of it all. i have used h+r block for years and never had a problem with them until now, and ever since this experience i wont be returning to them.

• Ru
      12th of Mar, 2009

H & R block made 2 math errors on my 2001 and 2003 tax returns to the total of $5000 and now are telling me that they can't help me!!! I owe the IRS this money and have to ammend both tax returns. If anyone knows if I can sue let me know rushfamily2405@comcast.net