Gym Membership / Rude managers/lack of ownership

1 Portland, ME, United States Review updated:

I had an issue when I tried to cancel my account. The manager Lauren Turner (condescending, rude and judgmental) refused to help me cancel my account so I contacted corporate who said they could not do anything but would have a franchise owner call me. I waited a week and heard nothing so I called the portland branch again getting a different manager (which is funny because when I asked Lauren if there was ANYONE else but her i could speak with she said no). His name is Ben. Ben appeared to be extremely helpful and cancelled my membership and since I had recently lost my job and knew my bank account would be low I SPECIFICALLY asked if I would receive ANY more bills from them. He confidently assured me he had taken care of it and no I would not receive any more bills. Well, low and behold when I check my bank account before getting gas guess who took out 19.99 and caused a $32 overdraft fee? That's right, portland planet fitness. I immediately called them and the young man who answered said a manager would call FIRST thing at 930 when she got in. No one called. So I call again and am lucky enough to get Ben who now tells me that because I cancelled so late in the month (being after the 10th) the payment for march was already set to go through and there was nothing they could do to help me and if I wanted to complain to contact corporate. Sound familiar? I highly doubt I will hear from the franchise owner and instead I get told I'm harassing them because I keep calling because I am sick of being passed off to the next person and told to wait for an answer. It is one of the most frustrating things I have ever gone through and I am still out 51.99 because of it. The most help I got was through contacting Westbrooks manager and even at that there isn't anything he can do. If you currently use them I highly suggest you cancel. Ben is a grown man who refuses to take ownership for misinforming me and the best I get is "well it's in the contract". Apparently not even Ben, the MANAGER, can understand the contract then and maybe they should consider re-writing it. By far the WORSE customer service experience that I have EVER has.

Br
Mar 20, 2013

Comments

• Ta
      21st of Mar, 2013

Why are you defending planet fitness? Bottom line they promised her that would cancel without any future charges. The only reason she cancelled past the 10th is because she was waiting for a call back from the franchise owner which hasn't and will not happen. You seriously have nothing better to do then to come on this website and ridicule people for spelling errors most like my caused by anger and haste? I would tell you to go to hell but it it seems as though you are already in one of your own creation.

• Ta
      21st of Mar, 2013

And the reason she wanted to speak to franchise owner was because they tried to debit her account in January it failed but February went through so when she tried to use the gym she was not allowed, tried to cancel and couldn't without paying the January bill. When no owner returned her complaint request that's when we contacted Ben and he assured her she would see no further charges and account was canceled. Both lies. How can you not empathize? O ya your a ###. Sit up on your elitist pedestal of perfect grammar and syntax that really makes you a better person than everyone else. Yet your from Hungary and not even from portland maine USA. Therefore have no life