Gym Company / my account is being debited after I requested in 2016 I want to cancel

Newtown, Bree Street, South Africa Review updated:

I have decided to cancel my membership with the Gym company in Newtown, Bree street.
I have been contacted several times by the branch and they advised me they will debit for the outstanding month and then cancel the membership.
I am expecting so therefore I cannot continue gyming and also, I am no longer working that side of town so it is more difficult to attend Gym. Every month the R199 is still being debited and I need this to be stopped ASAP!!!
I haven't been at the Gym for over 7 months and I do not think that I will be going back anytime, at least not to the Gym company.
I am not happy with the service especially after I have informed them I will be cancelling. I was asked to come to the branch and I have advised them it is difficult as I have changed jobs and no longer passes through town and my hours are different. I have asked them to email me the cancellation form but this was never done.
Can we have this sorted out immediately as I do not want another debit order to go off at the end of May. I cannot keep paying for something I do not use!!!
I cannot recall the exact dates they phoned me, but it was more than once.
I have received sms reminders to pay outstanding fees and that is wht I phoned them back.
Unfortunately, I have a new phone so my sms's were lost that was not on the sim card.
I do not want a refund, I just want them to STOP debiting my account and close my account in their files.

Le
May 9, 2017

Comments

31st of May, 2017

Hi there, please drop me an email on [protected]@gmail.com if you would like to sign a petition. A lot of people are complaining about the same thing but does not want to take action against them