Gutter Helmet / Caused my basement to flood

1 Kalamazoo, MI, United States Review updated:

My mother, 74 years old purchased Gutter Helmet. It was installed on the front of the house only due to the cost. The first heavy rain she had, approx 6 months after installation, her basement flooded. She has lived in this home for over 45 years and nothing like this happened previously. At 74 years old she was vacuuming up the water and carrying out pail after pail of water upstairs and outside. When she called the company, they would not return her calls. My husband took over trying to reach them and had the same problems. When he finally did get in touch the installation supervisor/manager he was rude, argumentative, unwilling to listen at all and insisted Gutter Helmet was not the problem. This went on for approx. 3 weeks. Not hearing back from him we tried to get in touch with the owner of that particular Gutter Helmet. After 2 weeks of calling and leaving messages almost every day he finally returned our call. He also was terribly rude, argumentative and didn't stop long enough to listen to the problem jumping in very defensively. When he finally relented and said he would come out to the house he let it be known it would NOT change his idea or opinion of his product since "his product never fails". We had written to the Better Business Bureau and that is the only reason he called and scheduled an appointment. As of Monday April 27, 2009 this matter has NOT been resolved. Save yourself a huge headache and go to: http://www.leaflessinseattle.com/gutter-guard-comparison.htm for a comparison.

Comments

• Sp
      27th of Apr, 2009

This is a totally bogus complaint. I have found that the internet is an interesting place and usually allows one competitor to bash another (especially on sites like this). I went to your link for "gutter comparison". What a joke, you are simply trying to promote another product - Leaffilter.

Good luck in your Leaffilter business :)

• Va
      28th of Apr, 2009

To Sparky33. I can see how it can be construed as a promo for another company however, not true. Check out our complaint on BBB in Michigan.
    Update on "Caused My Basement to Flood" We are still in debate with these folks. The owner gave us to understand that HE personally would be out to talk to my mom and take a look at her basement. When she anwered the door he had sent 2 of his installers. They took exterior pictures and measured the slope. What are they now???...foundation experts? Ball is in Helmets court as we responded to BBB with our rebuttal. Have since found a couple of more "complaint" sites with other dissatisfied people but in deference to Sparky33 I don't want to mention them or it might be construed as leading you to those.