Gurley Leep Honda / Unethical salesmen & terrible service!

2200 Bypass Rd. Elkhart, IN 46514Mishawaka, IN, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: (574) 289-2000

When I bought a used car, 2002 Honda Civic EX, in May of 2007 from Gurley Leep Automotive they informed me that I would not need to have my timing belt replaced even though the car had over 100, 000 miles. The salesmen said it was not this make and model. Ten months later, when I took my car to a certified Honda dealer to be serviced I was informed I would need to have my belt replaced immediately.

Now Gurley Leep Honda will not help pay for this replacement after they said it would not need to be done. They said since the salesmen did not write his words down on paper they couldn't believe me. I would not have bought the car, or for not as much as I did, if they hadn't lied. If an employee of Gurley Leep Automotive says one thing then the company should have to stand by their workers.

I recommend not going to Gurley Leep Honda, or any of their affiliates, as they will not be honest with you. They'll do anything to get your money.
Pe

Comments

Mg
  13th of May, 2008
My experience was bad there as well. I went to the Gurley Leep Imports to see about getting a new car, Lucas BeMiller was the salesman. I told him I had a preapproved loan with 5.19% rate and he said they have a promo of 0% for 36 months and 2.9% for 60 months. After running the credit check he said I qualified for 3.9% because I had some bad marks on my credit and we can go 60 months or 72 months. He showed me the payment difference between both options with my car trade-in. I asked him twice if the payments were after my car was paid in full and he said yes. Great deal! This meant I could finance my car with 3.9% simple interest for 72 months and my old car was paid in full.
Lucas said they have to take my old car right away because they have a buyer for it and needed to take it today even though they did not have the car I wanted on the lot. I was reassured by the Manager Tim Chapman that they will make things right if the new car comes in and I don’t like it. Plus they gave me a new Honda Accord curtsy car to drive until they got the new car on the lot.
After filling out the paper work with the finance manager believing my salesman had my best interest at heart I neglectfully signed into a big financial whole. By the time I returned home I looked over the paper work and realized I signed a big bad auto loan that would be more than $10, 000 over the value of the car once driven off the lot.
My husband was unable to go with me on this trip because he had surgery and was in a lot of pain. When he looked at the paper work he was very disappointed and called the dealership right away and they shut him down by saying “a deal is a deal”. After a little time thinking it over I realized my husband had not signed the title over on our old car.
The following Monday we both kept flooding the dealership with calls to get resolution, informing them my husband had not signed off on the title and I have not driven nor seen the car I had purchased and we still have a right to decline. What we got was the phone number of the General Manager of Gurley Leep, Troy Young. He said he will legally fight my husband to make him sign off on the title and the car belongs to them. I went to the dealership that night to pick up some belongings I left in my old car hoping they did not sale it as stated on Saturday. Fortunately, they did not and I was able to retrieve my belongings. I asked if I could have my car back and again it was no. They are not ethical at all.