Gunn Appliance Service / Jacked up pricing over quoted amount!

1 9965 Miramar Parkway #112Miramar, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-894-3929

On 1/11/08 I noticed an electrical odor and my Jenn Air refrigerator was warm even though it had power. My husband called Gunn Appliance Service from from the Yellow Pages and explained the problem. They said they could be there between 12-2pm and it would be $60 for a service call. this seemed fair and we agreed.

The service man arrived at 2pm. Immediately found a burnt relay. This is an exact relay I can buy for $22.00 anywhere. He then presented us with a bill for $245.00! The man had not been in our house 30 minutes! We called Gunn as it said on the bill to do if we had any issues with the service. We were told that's what we charge, pay up. they said the $60 service charge did not apply!?!

This comes out to $400 an hour in labor even with a 100% mark up on the part. We never would have hired these people had they been honest about their fees. We will never use them again and will make sure everyone possible knows of their unscrupulous practices.

Comments

29th of Feb, 2008

I have been in the appliance repair business for 20 years we are in the business to make money we provide a service at a fair price do not think we are getting rich until you step in our shoes we listen to customere gripe everyday from everything from they are dissatisfied with the manf. to our prices i think a good service man has about 20 years he can do this business then his nerves are so tour up he has to do something else i do not go into customers homes anymore because of this reason