Gumtree.com / featured ads are a scam!

1 England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

After becoming deperate to sell my industrial Table Saw and a pair of Technics DJ Turntables before my moving out deadline, I finally decided to pay the extortionate £10 per advert to have them Featured for 7 days. I must have been one of the lucky ones then and I at least got my 2 £10 ads Featured fo 1 Whole Day!!

I have the confirmation and receipt email from them dated 31 March and my ads both vanished into thin air on the 1st of April. I thought perhaps it might be an April Fool's prank or something but the ads really are gone. I have since emailed to complain to them and request that the £20 be paid back into my Paypal account where the money was taken from by them, and had no response.

It is now 03:30 Saturday the 4th of April and this means that my ads should still be Featured for another 46 hours... but they're gone!! And so is my £20!!! And I have not sold the equipment I need to sell and will now probably lose it to the Landlords when I move out today. Thanks Gumtree, Burn In Hell.

I must say though... I remember a couple years back when the Gumtree.com was still the FREE Community Website where you could be sure to sell your unwantededs, buy a bargain, get a job or a service, offer a job or a service, find a place to live and so much more. We could even just update the ad's we placed everyday to go back to the top of the new days list but now you can update your ad til your blue inthe face and it just keeps sliping into the abyss of time past.

Now recently I believe the Gumtree.com site was sold to some corporate rapists and pillagers and that was the birth of the Featured Ad. Gumtree.com now is no longer a FREE Community Webite by the people for the people... It's just another big Corporate Scam Site.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but we're all struggling at the moment, so why the should we let these thieves get away with it? COMPLAIN PEOPLE!!! PLEASE JUST STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES AND YOUR PEERS!!
We should have them eliminated.

There are still sites that are truly free such as
Vivastreet.co.uk
Adzooks.co.uk
to name a few.

Justin.

Ju

Comments

• Tj
      2nd of May, 2009

I have not used gumtree for anything nor had even a bit of contact. Yet now they are charging my cheque account via my debit card. My bank believes that gumtree.com was hacked and the hacker nicked a load of personal accounts. We get to pay the price, of course, as they do want to prevent fraud done in their name. I am embarking on a movement to shut down all online shopping for two weeks. Legitimate individuals will cease on 8 of May at 1am (Eastern time, U.S.) and not utilize the Internet for anything other than info gathering. The magor sites such as Amazon and Ebay should feel the crunch and be forced to handle these issues.