Gumtree / minkos macs

8 manor park parade
Lee high road
Se13 5pb
[protected]

This seller has told me directly that he does not care about gumtree and its rules. He has 3-5 accounts that he reposts adverts every day from.
Also his computers have counterfeit software on them. He claims he has an educational licence which is a complete lie because it doesn't authorise you to sell computers with thousands of pounds worth of software on them.
His adverts do get taken down but he will repost later that day or the next.

• Updated by Batt Man, Apr 18, 2017

I feel that I can't post any adverts after being a member for over 4 years because minkos macs knocks my posting down the listing prematurely

Ba
Apr 18, 2017

Comments

• La
      25th of Jul, 2017

minkos macs do not care about anyones rules. They are a cowboy crew of conmen preying on genuine customers. i was ripped off after buying two macbooks which they switched as they packed my purchase . to leave. i ended up with two OLD macs, one of which doe not even work!!!

avoid at all costs

• Ac
      25th of Jul, 2017

I was also ripped off by Minkos Macs, they are a criminal organisation that pretend to be above board, and the vast majority of people believe they are above board simply because they have many shops on the high street, they offer and promise you the products you are looking for at an agreed price, they then package your goods to take home and when you get them home they are not what you bought and paid for, they are usually older machines with illegal Cracked software and they refuse you your Consumer rights when you try to return them for a refund, and think they are above the Law because they have signs up in their shops saying "We do not give refunds" and think that supersedes "The Law" and gives them the right to deny the consumer (YOU & ME) our basic Consumer Rights...
    AVOID MINKO'S MACS BEFORE THEY HAVE THE CHANCE TO RIP YOU OFF< BECAUSE THEY WILL IF YOU LET THEM!!!

• Ba
      29th of Aug, 2017

-First of all they sent me from Lewisham to Tottenham (90 min drive) for a macbook 2015, and there was a 2011 version waiting for me, annoying. I took it anyway, once traveled that far.
    -Of course it came with a faulty battery. They offered me to replace the battery for a new one -it took them exactly two weeks.
    -When I came to collect, they gave a charger that didn't match. I took the macbook home, and the battery was also in the same condition as before.
    -Now really ennoyed, i went back to the shop again, with the only intention, that I just want my money back. Before I could get in, I waited exactly two hours (from 10 till 12) outside the shop on the street. The guy who meant to open, was late...
    -I researched the number of a manager and rung him. He was super rude and argumentative. He said that they are trying to get rid of costumers like me, and people like me, who always want free stuff, should go begging outside the tube station. I wished him good day, and hung up.
    -What I have learned: to avoid Minco's Macs, never buy a Mac from a corner shop, and always read the reviews.

7th of Dec, 2017

All the negative feedbacks are true. The owner is a psychotic narcissist who only cares about the money. He called me a little girl because I had a software update issue with a laptop I had purchased earlier. They also post misleading ads on gumtree. Should have definitely read the reviews before purchasing from them. Owner is very unprofessional too. Personally attacked me because some apps on the laptop does not work. Told me he would charge me an extra £9 after paying £600 for the MacBook Air. I was also told these apps came with the laptop initially. Please avoid!!

• Ri
      26th of Apr, 2018

The negative reviews are all true. I was sold a fake battery for a MacBook, had to take the owner, Daryl Morgan to court.
    When I won the case, he refused to pay me the money. Below is his reply to my request he pay me:

'Go and freebie hunt somewhere else. The judge was racist and no of those emails were provided before hand. I had no evidence and was given less than 5mins to familiarise myself with the situation. You people and your racial profiling constantly disadvantaging people. I do not wish to contribute any longer to this country. Please do as you please & no longer contact me. '

• Da
      13th of Aug, 2018

I am the owner of Minkos Macs and the first two comments are written by another seller on gumtree that has been harassing the company for years. Gumtree and the police have a record of the regular abusive emails we have been left by this seller that I will attach photos of. A lot of these emails have been racially abusive and have included content such as go home to your country and you shouldn't be allowed to run a company in this country as you are not from here etc. The gentleman with the MacBook Air 'Balazs Toth' was told that the item he originally wanted was sold he still attended the store and was happy to purchase a 2011 MacBook Air and knew this was exactly what he was buying. He was than unhappy with the battery time, he was given a brand new battery and was still unhappy with the new battery time, he than wanted the battery replaced for a second time which the company refused as both batteries passed Apples AST diagnostic tests. Balazs Toth was asked to go to apple for them to confirm that the battery condition was actually 'Normal' we never heard from him again and only saw the slanderous reviews online. MARIAM mintah was banned from our stores for verbal abusing staff and having an adware issue rectified once for free already she than again went onto various unsafe movie sights and once again incurred the same adware issue that we charge to resolve however she felt that the service should have been free. Emile Godfrey the last gentlemen had a battery changed in our store and decided to correspond with our employee via his personal email address. They lost communication along the way via the staff members personal email address as my colleagues grandmother had passed away and he had taken time off work. Mr Godfrey did not initially take me to court he took my employee to court as he believe my colleague was the business owner. I than noticed a CCJ against the business around 6 months later and was asked to pay Mr Godfrey a £105 refund which a agreed but Mr Emile Godfrey doubled in price via the means of blackmail which I refused. I will upload all supporting evidence so that these people that wish to vindictively bring this business down can be exposed for the liars that they are and so that people can realise that in running a business mistakes are made however we have integrity in what we do.