Gumtree - Flat to Rent 1 Lindley Road, Wynberg, Cape Townrenting / property scams cape town

I advertised on gumtree.co.za that I needed a flat to rent on the 11th of May 2017 and somebody responded to my whatsapp number that I had provided. The response was coming from mobile number - +[protected] below is the message

[08:39, 5/11/2017] +[protected]: Hi I have a flat to let if u are still looking viewing start from 9:00 to 9:30 this morning for more information contact owner Dr Majola via whatsup same number thank u.
[08:42, 5/11/2017] (my response): Okay thanks, where is the flat and how much is the rental
[09:08, 5/11/2017] +[protected]: 1 Lynfield Apartment, Lindley Road, Wynberg
[09:09, 5/11/2017] +[protected]: Plz call Lexie when u are outside she does the viewing [protected] tell her u spoke to the owner thank u
[09:12, 5/11/2017] (my response): Thanks for taking the call, will be able to view tomorrow provided it's not taken already.

The lady sent me couple of photos for the flat see attachments. She told me the flat was going for R3 200 per month and I needed to make a deposit to secure it. I requested for viewing but she said the lady (Lexie) who is supposed to show me the flat wasn't available. I did called Lexie to set up appointment for the next day and she agreed but never pitched up for the viewing giving an excuse that she had already left for work.

She then send me a whatsapp saying
You pay to the bank Account number [protected] branch 4798 Thulile Majozi ref yo name. This is an ABSA Bank Account. I deposited the money and forwarded a copy. After that all efforts to view the flat have all been in vain. Am still trying to figure if there is a way to get my money back.

I chat with the lady using a different phone number asking about the flat and the conversation is taking the same direction of paying deposit and lots of excuses for flat viewing.

Ro