Gulf Coast Readers / i never ordered

1 2911 e 900 ncamden, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 574-727-4770

so, yea i had recieved a letter from my bank stating i was negative in my account and dont know why and because of gulf coast readers i am cause they with drew money and i didnt know about it i am talking this all the way to the top and no body is goign to like me then

Kr

Comments

Lu
  15th of Apr, 2008

I am having the same problem If you need a number to get ahold of the Gulf Coast Company it is 1-800-637-6959. Hope I could help. They told me I am not in their system and I asekd why my bank account was being drawn from. They Hung up on me then.

Ou
  17th of Feb, 2009

I never ordered either and got a call out of the blue about 2 weeks ago.

Go to the website for the Better Business Bureau. www.bbb.org

You can file a complaint and they will work to get you either a refund or out of the contract or both. And best of all they are a non-profit advocacy group so they will not charge you anything. You have to enter your address and contact information and Gulf Coast Readers info as well.

This is Gulf Coast Readers info in case you have lost the paperwork:

1327 Lafayette St. Suite A
Cape Coral, FL 33904
1-800-637-6959

Ti
  7th of Dec, 2009

I agree with all the comments. I just received a call form Gulf Coast Reader's Service in Florida stating that I already had an existing account and they were going to reduce my amount. They asked a bunch of personal information, I was confused because Im already with a company similar to them so I thought it was the same company. They said they were going reduce my payments to $59.90 every 15th of each month starting this month on the 14th but I said ya'll just charged me the first of the month so the lady Centa said it will start in January. Something told me that something isn't right, so I checked my account and they deducted that $59.90 after I just told them money was already charged to my account. Come to find out they are two different companies. Im gonna make sure somebody gets there ### because Im pissed the ### off. It's a recession and I don't like to lose any money let alone be taken away from me.

Mw
  29th of Dec, 2009

I just got the same call 20 minutes ago about I already have an account and they were going to reduce my payments. However, they had an address from about 6 or 7 years ago and wanted me to 'verify' my credit card number. I also am receiving magazines from a similar company with a similar name so I thought it was the same company. After asking for the current rate I was being charged they said they would reduce me to 34.90 and that I had 20 months remaining. They transferred me to Centa after telling me I would pay nothing until February and I got a bit more concerned. So while I was on the phone I logged into my account to check the name of my current company. NOT THE SAME! I immediately asked the young lady to remove me from their list, not call again, and cancel whatever service they had set up for me. After I hung up I checked to see if any new charges were pending...and there it was, a charge of 34.90!! I had not even gone through verification or given them recorded authorization to charge my card! Besides, I was not supposed to pay anything until FEBRUARY! Now I have to go through having the charge reversed. I called them and got a voicemail. What a way to end the year!!

Du
  17th of Jan, 2010

I am having the same problem, I never ordered anything from them and I had called them up and the women I spoke with hung the phone up on me. They have been taking $59.00 out of my checking account for two months now and I have never received a thing from them. I am going to my bank tomorrow and find out what I can do. This is awful they keep taking money out and you never receive anthing. I have filed a complaint with the better bussiness bureau so hopefully they can stop it also. I know what you guys are going through.