Gulf Coast Reader / Canceling order

1 3116 s18 th stLafayette, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7657722695

Called to cancel due to expenses going up have not received anything from them and they say all they can do is lower the monthly payment and extend the number of payments. That doesn't really help anything to tell the truth, I missed the deadline for canceling but I did try calling them several times and because I didn't want to use my minutes on my cell phone did it from work and couldn't stay on the line for ever. Do not really understand why something like this cannot be canceled.

Comments

16th of Apr, 2009

I personally am having my bank handle this. I called back to cancel also and got told the same thing. You should be able to cancel at anytime and they just stop the magazines. I am filing a report with my bank and they say they will handle the whole thing and find all the info on Gulf Coast reader and take care of it.

• Mi
      29th of Jul, 2010

Many compaints about this company. I made the mistake of giving them my info before checking them out. After checking them out immediately after speaking to them, I tried to cancel. They said I could not cancel until the info was processed (24 hours). I then contacted my credit card company. They charged my account within 30 minutes. Amazing how I can't cancel for 24 hours yet the payment was processed in minutes.
    I broke my rule of having them call me back after I check them out online.
    ALWAYS LOOK UP COMPANIES ONLINE BEFORE GIVING THEM FINANCIAL INFORMATION!!!

• Cu
      20th of Sep, 2010

I also tried to cancel the order after finding out that the gift card was boggas, then its amazing how the employees call you from home. And they pulled the money off my credit card with minutes ! Then when I tried to cancel they told me I couldn't I would have to pay 500.00 and so odd dollars. Come on now if you do not read the fine print or do research they will continue to do this ...! I had to cancel my credit card because they were going into my accounts unathorized. I am still dealing with getting it cancelled. I 'm sending them back magazines.

• Bb
      24th of Sep, 2010

cutie pie 36..i am also in the same situation as you..i gave them all my info...and i changed my card number and everything so they cant get money..but they keep sending me mails...saying that they are going to do an involuntary payment proceeding...i have no idea what that means! what did you do now?

• Bb
      24th of Sep, 2010

I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. THEY KEEP HARASSING ME. GULF COAST IS RUINING MY LIFE!

• Ar
      28th of Feb, 2011

well golf coast readers double charge me in a period of three months. Nov, December and january. with the amount of 29.90. I'm unemployed at this time and every penny counts. I did not athorized a renewaL of these magazines. But also beware of the publishers guide magazines in fla. they are a pain in the buton, I recently arrived from the hospital from having surgery and loaded with pain killers. They call me and all I heard was speedy gonzalez on the line, I was so high on meds, I honestly dont remember giving them my info, but they did a hard sell over the phone. Their response to me was "I you were so ill miss why you didn't hang up the phone" I told them "I didn't remember what the quack I had in my hand, nor to whom I was speaking to"

According to these peopleif I decide to stp paying they will ruing my credit and that is something that I cannot afford, but the payments are making a big hole in my monthy budget. What I'm going to d with so many magazines. I have decided to donate them to the less fortunate...local hospital and clinics in my town.

• Jr
      12th of Apr, 2011

It is so true, I have called and canceled some many times and they keep wanting money and keep sending magazine . Every time I call they keep telling me they will take us to collection.

• Ro
      20th of May, 2011

I am getting charged twice a month for what they said was an authorized address change, that is odd, I have lived in the same hose for 14 years. I tried to cancel my subscription and they told me I couldn't by my attorney told me I could. She will be contacting them and let them know that if I didn't sign anything and it was not notarized they have no right to charge me for something I don't want. I have a 92 pound pile of unread and unwanted magazines I didn't want or even order.

• Of
      2nd of Jun, 2011

I called n wanted to cancel, they said NO!! They blew up my phone n left me a msg saying my "credit card was stolen", tricked me into calling them back!! they said i could settle so that THEY wouldn't lose out alot of money...f-that!! i did say i would settle but i'm gona get a lawyer and hopefully they can stop this madness...

• Ev
      11th of Jun, 2011

I've had the same problem I went on a site that claimed I did not have to purchase anything if I did their survey and that they would gift me a laptop. Another survey offered a watch and when I called this company they told me that my cancellation date had passed as well and that they could lower my payments and extend the time to conclude the payments. I tried to find this company in the bbb website but even that is boggus. It turns out that I am paying the same company twice a month. I think I will let my bank handle this problem as well. I'm glad I was able to find people that are in the same position because it helped me to obtain some good advise from each of you. Thank you all.

• Rm
      28th of Jun, 2011

Gulf Coast has been harassing me since I accidentally signed up for their non-existent magazines in March. When I realized my mistake, I called to cancel and was told I should have called within 7 days; how am I supposed to know that I need to cancel this scammy place in time? Should've checked it up. Now they are calling to threaten my credit, claiming my bank has approved their transactions, but I am not seeing this; I need every cent I can get I am moving out in a week!! Not only have they continued to try and get my money, but I still haven't received any products from them. What a phoney!

• Pa
      29th of Jun, 2011

I am choosing to opt-out at this time. I do not want the gift. I can not afford fiffty dollars per month. I don't read five magazines a month nor will I buy them to offer as gifts. Cancel everything and delete my information. Thank you. dudley.patricia77@gmail.com