Guitar Center / bait-and-switch
Guitar Center of SF practices Bait-and-Switch. I contacted Guitar Center SF on 9-19-10 asking if they had any yamaha 12 string guitars in stock and associate Ben informed me they had 2 of them. I asked if he could hold one and he stated he needed 10% down. I told him I had two amps I wanted to trade in and requested how much they usually pay on trade in's. Ben informed me that they don't like giving trade in prices on the phone but stated they usually pay 80% used market value based on google pricing. The next day I arrived to the store only to find they had no yamaha 12 string guitars in stock however, they tried to sell me 2 different more expensive guitars. Their trade in price changed from 80% used market value based on google down to 50% used market based on e-bay. Guitar center uses bad business tactis which are illegal in order to get customers to come into their store. In my case it required a 110 mile round trip, $6 in bridge fare and $15 in fuel just to get to the store. When I arrived there was no parking and I had to lug two large amps up Van Ness Street only to find out they were lying to me on the phone. Not a good store to shop at. Corporate did nothing to rectify the situation and I had to file a complaint with The Better Business Buerau.
More Guitar Center Complaints & Reviews
- Guitar Center - rip off return policy 
- Guitar Center - ripoff refund policy 
- Guitar Center - thieves 
- Guitar Center - treated bad by store manager doug 
- Guitar Center - avoid them 
- Guitar Center - guitar center rental / avoid them
- Guitar Center - receiving an order
- Guitar Center - unprofessional customer service & poor judgement on policy and rules
- Guitar Center - they canceled my order
- Guitar Center - I sold two guitars and a brand new evh 5150 50 watt head.