Guitar Center Indymanager problems

Tn Indianapolis, IN Review updated:

I was treated and talked to like i was an idiot by an condescending manager . I was looking to talk about recording gear and he was more interested in correcting my grammar . i was thinking to my self are you for real. it took place like this .
do you mind if i ask you something about software .
he said yes you can ASK me what ever you like. in a condescending tone . do to the was i said ask.

at least 5 time while we where talking he did this . but i just blew it off .See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Indianapolis, IN well a few guys came up and where trying to ask something he very rudely told them to wait and they walked into the dj room he then looked at me and said ###ing Mexicans always think they are more important then the person in front of you. the ### probably doesn't speak English. I had my kid with me . and in a tone like he was tring to talk " black " he said you know what i mean.

my last name name is Martinez. i Dominican and Mexican. at this point I started walking off and he said . Well hey my name is Robby I am the sales manager here if you need and thing just ASK for me.

i mean really i felt like he was a racist and if Guitar Center rolls like this i am done with them

Comments

• Jm
      Jan 14, 2010

TNEZ,
    It's very shocking to hear about your experience at our location. As you can assume this is the not the type of vibe we try to promote at our location. Customer service is our up most priority. I can assure you this will not happen again. Please feel free to contact me and I would like to help you personally. Thank you for the heads up and I hope to be able to work with you in the future.

Jeremy Metzger
    General Manager
    Guitar Center Indianapolis

• Da
      Feb 22, 2011

I can assure you it has happened before and I can also assure you it will happen again.I also have experienced some sort of discrimination, sales reps rarely ask if you need help, and when you ask them for help they act like they are too busy. I used to buy all of my gear at guitar center, I mean all of it, but with ignorant and arrogant sales reps I just decided to spend my money somewhere else, at sweetwater they answer all my questions and they keep in touch with me after my purchases to see how am I doing with my gear, they also have online tutorials.Tere are other sites like americanmusicalsupply.com that also have great prices, great customer service and they give you a price match garantee and you can return your purchase before 45 days from purchase, at GC they always give hassle about it and act like they don't want to honor their price match, that's why I don't waste my time going there and that's why I spend my money somewhere else.

• Du
      Mar 31, 2011

Things happen in this business . but there is a big difference in telling a customer that you don't know and flat out telling a lie to there face . Or just simply being honest and strait. I asked 3 employees at that store the same question about the same mic . I picked the worst one of the bunch . The dual mic pack $100.00 package mic .

First I had some bald guy flat out tell me that he uses a that mic all the time in his studio and its grate ... i just asked him what he thought about it . oh there grate on vocals and drums ... and he just kind of walked off . And left me hanging .

well another sales guy walked up he was a big guy with tats and i asked him the same thing . he immediately said the most honest thing i think i ever heard from anyone in that store, he said honestly I feel like those mics are good for kids just getting started, the mics should be bought to suite the guitar or vocal you are recording . Its never a bad thing to own multiple mics.

And next was the tall guy. With a attitude he said . well what do you expect them to sound like there a 99.99 mic package man . It's going to sound like a 100.00 mic . I am not one to be talked to like a child. As I was going to say something he too walked off .

Well the big guy came to my rescue as I was ready to flip . I told him what happened and he said sorry man I am sure nothing was meant by it and said he would take care of me . Well I have his card and I have to tell you I will be buying for this guy . Maybe if the other sales guys took time to hear what someone has to say there would not be so many pissed off people and to you pissed off people .