Guitar Center / thieves
Shopping online via Guitar Center was one of the most horrid experiences I ever had. I ordered from them before a Tama 8-piece drum set with no problems about 3 weeks ago. However, the problem began when I ordered 2 kick pedals and a Roland kick trigger. What a disappointment.
At first, everything seemed ok. I ordered from them on a Thursday, and then they left me a message saying there was a problem verifying my order.
I called their customer service number to see what the problem was. According to their representative, she said that the bank put an access block on them and that I needed to call the bank. She then put the bank representative on the line.
When they asked me my account number, something smelled fishy to me. When I asked why they needed to my bank account number, the GC rep said that Guitar Center wanted to verify the information did their own stop on the order. This was not what they originally told me along with the fact that the bank rep was dialed for me as opposed to letting me dial them on my own kept saying "SCAM!" in my mind. After asking why a $500 order needed verifying when my card went through just fine for an order that costs well over a grand, they couldn't get their story straight. Eventually, I got tired of the BS and asked them to cancel the order.
To top it off, they actually had the audacity of attempting to charge me a $34 sales tax despite the fact that in order to be charged a sales tax, I'd have to purchase something in the first place. I checked with the bank before they can attempt to bill me and reported it as a fraudulent charge.
My friends, do NOT order anything online from Guitar Center unless you want to run the risk of getting ripped off by an unscrupulous employee. Either go to one of their stores or backorder want you need at a local shop.
More Guitar Center Complaints & Reviews
- Guitar Center - rip off return policy 
- Guitar Center - ripoff refund policy 
- Guitar Center - treated bad by store manager doug 
- Guitar Center - bait-and-switch 
- Guitar Center - avoid them 
- Guitar Center - used behringer kx1200 keyboard amp item #113809886/never worked
- Guitar Center - guitar center rental / avoid them
- Guitar Center - receiving an order
- Guitar Center - unprofessional customer service & poor judgement on policy and rules
- Guitar Center - they canceled my order