Guitar Center / thieves

Shopping online via Guitar Center was one of the most horrid experiences I ever had. I ordered from them before a Tama 8-piece drum set with no problems about 3 weeks ago. However, the problem began when I ordered 2 kick pedals and a Roland kick trigger. What a disappointment.

At first, everything seemed ok. I ordered from them on a Thursday, and then they left me a message saying there was a problem verifying my order.

I called their customer service number to see what the problem was. According to their representative, she said that the bank put an access block on them and that I needed to call the bank. She then put the bank representative on the line.

When they asked me my account number, something smelled fishy to me. When I asked why they needed to my bank account number, the GC rep said that Guitar Center wanted to verify the information did their own stop on the order. This was not what they originally told me along with the fact that the bank rep was dialed for me as opposed to letting me dial them on my own kept saying "SCAM!" in my mind. After asking why a $500 order needed verifying when my card went through just fine for an order that costs well over a grand, they couldn't get their story straight. Eventually, I got tired of the BS and asked them to cancel the order.

To top it off, they actually had the audacity of attempting to charge me a $34 sales tax despite the fact that in order to be charged a sales tax, I'd have to purchase something in the first place. I checked with the bank before they can attempt to bill me and reported it as a fraudulent charge.

My friends, do NOT order anything online from Guitar Center unless you want to run the risk of getting ripped off by an unscrupulous employee. Either go to one of their stores or backorder want you need at a local shop.

Va

Comments

• Gl
      31st of Mar, 2009

All orders go through verification unless the credit card is in a rep's hands. Thats not a scam, it's not policy, it's the law. Call the company who's logo is on your card (Visa, MC, Amex) and the credit bureau. Unless the card is swiped during the transaction the company is forced to verify the billing address and your identity. Plus it sounds like your bank (mine does it too), put a remote (moto) purchase block on your account. This is basically a forced protection that you can ask your bank to remove if you make purchases online or over the phone. Guitar Center doesn't steal your info.

• Dr
      28th of Jan, 2012

Guitar center matches up name address and phone number on orders that get held up for flags. some flags are random. guitar center has so much fraud that they have to do this. it does not matter if the authorization went through or not if someone stole your card info the auth would still go through. this is just a big misunderstanding on your part. the reps at the call center have a high turn over rate so your always talking to someone who is new. why would the largest music company in the world worries about taking 35 dollars from you? This is the funniest post i have ever read!