Guaranteed Price Moving / Horrible customer service!

Guaranteed Price Moving LLC
282 Newark Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: [protected]

My customer rep was Ben Haley who was cordial and helpful but was apparently new on the job and had to consult the senior person around (assuming the owner Guy Cizner).

On July 23 2007 I telephoned Ben to change my quote from a 3-cushion sofa to a sectional with 2 sections. Ben made the change but apparently did not know about sectionals, and in the inventory marked it as only 1 section when in fact the inventory list asked for number of sections in the sofa. This was his mistake not mine as I had clearly mentioned two sections.

I called on July 24, 2007 about this, and Ben updated the quote. The price increase was $200 to $1580. I inquired if it was possible to reduce the price. Ben transferred me to the owner.

This person was rude from the get go. He started arguing that it was not possible to reduce the price by a penny, he frequently cut me short, he said that I was taking the discussion to a place it should not go (when in fact I was unable to even finish a sentence). I was trying to explain that I was simply inquiring if it was possible to reduce the price, I wasn't forcing them to reduce it. But whenever I tried to say this, he repeatedly asked me to let him finish.

Finally tired of his ranting, I asked him to not say anything but send me the updated contract of $1580. This is when things got almost ridiculous. He started saying that I was being rude for not listening to him and simply asking for the updated contract. He mentioned that all he wanted was for me to be satisfied which would have been hilarious but for seriousness of the situation. Here he was ranting at me while saying that he wanted my satisfaction!

If the only thing he had said was that it was not possible to change the price, I would have agreed. But I was totally taken aback by the aggression.

The company has agreed to refund the $280 deposit in 7 business days. I do not have a complaint about that. But this was a horrible customer service. If he is so rude before stuff ships, what he will be like once he has my stuff.