GT Xpress 101 / GT XPRESS 101'S ARE JUNK

I PURCHASED THE GT XPRESS 101 FROM THE INFORMERCIAL ON TV. THEY ARE JUNK!!! DON'T EVER WASTE YOUR MONEY. I HAVE USED MINE 4 TIMES, AND NOW THEY DON'T HEAT UP THE WAY THEY SHOULD. AFTER THE FIRST USE THE BLACK TEFLON PEELS OFF AND WHEN YOU TAKE THE FOOD OUT IT'S ALL OVER IT. THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY!!! I WOULD HAVE RATHER HAVE THROWN THAT MONEY RIGHT IN THE TRASH. THAT PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. DON'T GIVE THEM ANOTHER PENNY. IT LOOKS GREAT ON TV, BUT IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GET! BELIEVE ME THEY ARE J-U-N-K!!!

Comments

Er
  2nd of Dec, 2008

I have 2 of them, and I have never had a problem, I use 1 of them all the time. Maybe yours is defective and you should call them and try to get a replacement? I hope I'm not the only who bought this thing and got a good one

Zh
  7th of Nov, 2009

I agree with JBURKEY751 - they are JUNK like most of the products made in CHINA. I learned my lessen with the Xpress 101 to never buy cookware made in China again. I had previously bought a spaghetti pot (with draining holes in the lid) and it also lost its teflon coating after using it only a few times. It also was made in China. The Chinese products are worse than Junk - they're fradulent because they're not suitable for their advertised use

Cr
  22nd of Jan, 2010

At the way this are today with money problems...thought the GT 101 Express would be great to buy...Big mistake...too small and peeling inside ...express logo melted off...i am so disapointed...waste of my money and can't bring it back to Target...gonna throw it out before i get the hammer and brake it...thanks for hearing my thought!!!

Su
  22nd of Jun, 2010

My GT Express began losing its so-called "teflon coating" on the first use when I pre-cooked onions for my omelet. I love the idea of the cooker--it works well--but the peeling was indeed a dilemma. Because I can't stand to throw anything away, I solved the problem by cutting half circles of cooking parchment and using them as liners in the bottom cups (the top cups didn't peel). I never make plain omelets, instead I use 6" corn tortillas (softened slightly in the microwave) as shells, stuff them with spinach and cheese and then pour in the egg mixture. Cook 12-15 minutes and they puff beautifully and taste great. They slip right out with the paper attached (cool slightly and peel it off). If you really want a great little omelet maker, buy one for $10 at Walgreen's. Their non-stick coating is excellent. If it just had the same round shape as the Express so I could use corn tortillas, I would throw out the Express!