GT Media / GT Xpress 101

United States, Washington, Seattle Review updated:
GT Media
Ordered the GTXpress 101 kitchen appliance from an infomercial in Nov. 2008. Very unhappy with product and surprised to find my credit card was charged $84.70...39.90 for 2 cookers, 9.95 for the "recipe collection"...and 34.85 for S&H...!!! Very clever, they offer you a 2nd one "for free" and charge you 14.95 extra for the shipping.
Checked their website http://www.gtxpress.com/ which clearly states "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your Money Back". Called the 800# on the website [protected] to get in contact with the company. Spoke to a supervisor ("we're just a telemktg firm, we don't have any info on how you can get hold of the company...") and he said he would email the company with my contact info. and they would get hold of me...yeah, right, when pigs fly.
Despite carefully following all the cleaning instructions, the non-stick coating started coming off within the first couple of times I usedf the cooker.
I had originally planned to give the second cooker to my daughter, but ended up opening it and using it after the first one became unusable. Same thing happened, the non-stick coating started coming off almost immediately, to my dismay.
***DO NOT ORDER THIS JUNK***. To top it off, I found another charge to the same credit card for $14.90 recently. Turns out you are automatically enrolled in a "recipe club" - I did NOT authorize membership to this club.
Ended up having to cancel my credit card, which is a huge pain. I have no illusions about every getting any money back. When I call the 800 # listed on my credit card statement, it goes immediately to music. I did keep my original packing slip. The company address is: GT Media, 5455 West Chester Rd., West Chester, OH 45069. Anyone living in West Chester, could you please drive by this horrible place (if it even exists) and throw a few choice epithets at it for me? THANKS. That is probably the only satisfaction I will ever get. And I will probably never order off an infomercial again. Hope I've finally learned my lesson.

N  5th of Nov, 2007 by

GT Media - Fraud and scam!

I purchased their item and I was told I would receive a 2nd GTXpress for free. Then I was charged $80 in shipping fees. Now they keep charging my bank account every 2 or 3 months. This company will bill you for NOTHING, AGAIN AND AGAIN. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. The bank says I have to prove they didn't send me anything else.
N  24th of Dec, 2007 by

GT Media - Scam and fraud!
GT Media
5455 Westchester Road
West Chester Ohio

See comments on GT Media by others.

As one complainant stated, there is no opportunity to refuse or cancel after being forced to listen to an automated spiel which is really a switch from what you have been shown on the infomercial. After refusing the shipment an unopened flow of unordered envelopes does not cease even after many were refused and presumably returned to sender by the post office. [My postman seems to think they might simply be trashed rather than returned to sender.]

I have never been so convinced that I will never order again from a 'bait and switch' company such as this. I am still refusing mailings from this company even after I had returned the original shipments ; all unopened. This company has done more damage to honest companies trying to sell their wares, than you can imagine!.

I agree with several other, of the many complainants, that I shall never order from another infomercial based on the ugly experience with this company. Perhaps the FTC should be made aware of this situation or perhaps they are already working on it.
A  5th of May, 2009 by
I just recieved the appliance. I thought the price was 2 payments of 19.95. My invoice says #1 payment 51.80 and #2 19.95 in 30 days. I had order a book for FREE with the unit. It had the word free.Well I find out a charge for 9.95 + shipping is 4.00 for book on top of 16.95 shipping for the unit. the paper back books are no better then a .99 charge. These people are misleading and I will never do business with them again. I also found out there is noone to vent to and was told of this site. So for total of 71.75 I got a unit and a few cookbooks and a note for next shippment of books were another 9.95. I called the 800 number and cancel any further shipments.If this unit turns out to be not what I expected I will turn them in to Better Bus attority. I think I will also check with Consumer Product Safety Division.