GT Media Inc / Membership

1 5455 West Chester RoadWest Chester, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 357 9213

I bought a GTX Xpress Cooker, which we paid for in full, I paid extra for a cookbook. This was sent to our Address in North Carolina. We live in Bermuda so we made sure we were at our US address to get shipment. We then get charged $13.80 a month and a half later for Membership which at no time did we agree to, it does not appear on the website. The company apparently sends out extras and then charges for them if not returned! As we live in Bermuda obviously we cannot return whatever they have sent as it is in a postbox and probably will be discarded after a while by the post office. I have called to cancel any future mail, I have also contacted my bank to make sure no further charges go on my credit card.

Until the package is returned I will not receive a refund on something I did not order.

Comments

• Du
      20th of Dec, 2007

Thanks for posting. I'm on the phone now with my debit card account to cancel a hold. I canceled a phone order before completing the order and two weeks later they still ran the order through. At the time they told me the order was cancelled, they lied. Talked with them on the phone and they apologized, yeh right. Beware of tv phone orders, they want to sell you a list of other things too.

• St
      21st of Dec, 2007

I bought the product with the cooking pamphlet. I then received a packet a month or two later with other cooking
    pamphlets. Then another. I could find no phone number to call and complain or ask that this stop. In the meantime,
    I have been charged for 3-4 of these unrequested packages. I do not know what to do.
    Help.
    Steve
    (727) 367-1885

• Je
      27th of Dec, 2007

GT Media, Inc. is a rip off. If you find yourself viewing their advertisement, please turn the channel. I made a phone order for an excercise equipment with instructional video. Instead I received a package of vitamins. I was told the correct product would be sent to me but it never arrived. The company deducted two large payments from my account and despite the vitamins being returned I haven't received a refund yet. Seven months later I noticed another deduction to my account from GT Media and a second shipment of vitamins arrived, all were done without my authorization. I am doing all I can to see to it that this company doesn't rip me off again.

• Sh
      28th of Dec, 2007

I also ordered a product the firm through gt media which has yet to refund me my money of 31.86 I have contacted my bank and still awaiting the refund. So far this has only been one transaction.

16th of Jan, 2008

I have had the same problem with GT Media, Inc., or GAIAM company. I selected from the website to receive a free sample of vitamins and then received two large bottles of vitamins. I threw them away thinking that they were samples and called after I noticed two large amounts deducted from my bank account, which turned out to be for the vitamins. I called and a rep said that they would refund my account, but it never happened. When I called back to ask when I could expect to see the refund they said they would not refund and that it was my fault because websites "can be confusing." Then they did the same thing with some protein shakes, I came home one day and had two huge boxes of protein shakes on my porch. They also were deducting $9.99 a month from my account for a web membership that I didn't authorize either.

• Jj
      22nd of Dec, 2008

what a crummy company!!! I purchased a DVD "All About Trucks" for my 2 year old. when left on the menu for a few minutes, it shows the star character pointing a gun at another man!!

who do i report this to??? thanks from MOM

• Ra
      14th of Feb, 2009

I bought the DVD "All About Big Red Fire Engines" because the cover had new fire trucks on it and at first glance it appeared to be made in 2005.

I only found out after we played it that the video footage itself was from 1993 and 1995, they just repackaged it in 2005 to make it look updated. False advertising, what a rip off!

Just happy I didn't spend much on it.

25th of Nov, 2010

I ordered the Express Ready set go and they advertise it 2 payments of $19.99 plus shipping of $16.99 with the option to pay it in full or divide it in two payments. Well, to my surprise not only they charged me the full amount but also exceeded the amount that I never authorized or agreed upon. How dare them play with someone else's money like that. Never again, I learned my lesson.

• Me
      14th of Mar, 2011

This company ripped me off and I will report them to Better Business Bureau for misleading advertising and improper seeling practices to name a few. DO NOT BELIEVE their ads. I ordered an express cooker, buy one get one free ($19.95 x 2 payments and got charged a total of $130.55 for a recipe book including membership, accessories and shipping and handling for each item. What should have been only $50 cost me $130.55 and I was told if I returned the entire items, I would only receive $44.85 back as a credit. The diference makes up for shipping and handling ($85.70) which cost more than the items themselves. They also indicated they would send me an email to confirm total. I have not received anything. They never gave me the total amount over the phone. They are deceiving and they are trying to fool consumers.

• Ro
      28th of Jul, 2011

this is the worst service I have ever received. my order was, including shipping 56.97. I called the next morning to cancel my
    order. I checked my checking account just before calling they had charged my account $209.40. How crazy is that. I had to cancel
    my debit card which of course is a big problem.