GT Media Inc / GT Direct INC. / Poor service!

I watched the infomercial on the TV and was impressed with the product, so I ordered it by phone. At no time did I ever speak to a real live person. I was held on the phone for several minutes while I listened to the speech that I was given. They tried to sell me many other products but I kept saying I wanted only the GTXpress 101. I was told that I needed the recipe collection but I told them I wanted only the maker. I was told the shipping and handling would be only $14.95 but when this crooked company deducted the amount from my bank account they billed me $33.95, plus they sent me the recipe collection and charged me another $9.95. The product does not do all the things they say it will do. My poached eggs were a big flop and they stuck terribly to the cooker. It took me a half hour to clean out the stuck eggs yet they say the cooker just needs to be wiped with a damp cloth. I am filing a complaint with the BBB on this God forsaken company. I have learned my lesson and I will never buy again while watching infomercials. I called the company and complained about the exorbitant shipping charges and asked for a refund but of course I was denied. I also wrote a complaint to the company but I suspect I will never hear from them.

Comments

• Fe
      1st of Sep, 2007

First of all i also tried to order for this product,and eventually before i ordered for these things i make sure that i researched everything about the product because i am a very sensitive mom when it comes to eating. Well then, after reading this complaints i was not totally pissed because i know that i can try to order for it and my children really love it now. I've read different complaints about the product but the above statement wooow thats exactly what i knew would happen when im placing my order,but eventually the company didn't overcharged me and did the right billing on my card. The thing i did that. We consumer must and SHOULD really listen to the auto machine while we are placing orders and follow directions so we would not be sent by any things we bought we didn't requested. I'm very happy with the product after watching it was $39.95 or 2 low payment of $19.95 and saw that it was a buy 1 get 1 free bonus wherein you'll be getting the other 1 just paying the s/h the same as the first one so i am billed like $14.95 x2 and that would be $29.90. Well,i was billed exactly $69.80 which i expected to be deducted because i am aware what i am ordering and i am listening enough thats why i did order and receive the right thing and my kids and my husband love the shipping and handling. So there is nothing to worry,the company is not doing fraud in fact i spoke with ( ALEX ) and she said they're located somewhere in the state the last time and she told me that my order did push thru and she also told me the breakdown. That's why i am really pissed off when i read the complaints. the cooker is really wonderful to enjoy with my family, i told alex about the complaint the company have over the websites where i researched and barely saw these complaints, and i am happy because what then she made me feel that the company is worth to be trusted.

• Pr
      11th of Sep, 2007

I was ripped off by this company too. Initially i never spoke to a live person either. The automated voice was very confusing and kept offering other products that i kept refusing. I never got the total charges detailed before it cut me off, but of course my credit card number was collected first thing. I was sent 2 packages instead of on package because i misunderstood the way the recording asked the question. i thought i was getting 2 for one not 2 packages of 2. my bill came out to be $153..50. I also filed a complaint to the BBB of CT and OH which is both my local BBB and to the company's local BBB in Cincinatti, OH.

I called back to clear it up. i spoke with a rep called "PARIS", who was the rudest, unfriendly, unprofessional, round and round talking meanest rep anyone could be so unlucky to deal with. She told me they do not refund shipping. Then she told me they could only refund it if it was their fault. she said she believes i made the mistake and they would not refund my shipping. i also got that extra 9.95 charge for the recipe book i did not want and declined. The invoice looked like someone got it from kinkos or made it up. It does not show my credit card information. I feel this was very unprofessional of them. I am trying to spread the word everywhere i go.

I have put fliers on this scam in my local stores, supermarkets, bus stops, libraries, laundry mats, churches, message boards, day care centers, fitness clubs, town papers, email chain mails, myspace, college blogs, State of Connecticut email and message boards, dance schools, music stores, day spas, salons, nail shops, consignment shop, camping stores and any where else i am allowed to place a hard copy of my experience and results and i am continuing to walk with extra fliers in my bag just in case. I want to make sure i get the word out.

I have never been scammed before... i feel it is my duty to help anyone else i can... i have learned a valuable lesson in this. NEVER TRUST AN INFOMERCIAL. ALWAYS SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON.

For every on person that changes their mind in purchasing this product... i have been refunded ten-fold... and GT MEDIA INC will be held accountable for their underhanded transactions that affect good and trusting consumers like us...

AND TO "PARIS": you have failed the entire market of infomercials and their products... i hope it was worth it to you!!! Just to be sure that this is the same company for any one who wants to know:

...DON'T TRUST THEM...VERY UNPROFESSIONAL... RUDE... UNDERHANDED...

GT MEDIA INC A.K.A. GT DIRECT INC
    5455 West Chester Road
    West Chester, OH 45069
    800-357-9213
    web : xpress101meal.com
    email: customerservice@gtent.com

• Th
      17th of Sep, 2007

I had brought this for my brother (after his stroke) that lives in Philadelphia (I live in Ga.) I had entered his address for the shipping - they send the thing to me which meant that after paying for their over price shipping charge I had to pay again to send it to my brother - never knew anything about the recipe book until three months later they charged my credit card and sent it to me ( in my eyes that stealing) I never had any contact with the company after placing my order they just took my money and sent me something that I'll have to send (spending more of my money) to my brother- keep calling their 1800 number and they are always close even during the hours that they say they are open-

29th of Oct, 2007

I too have been scammed by this company. My card was quickly billed for multiple items I did not order. The 800 # to customer service never gets answered, so resolving is taking forever. I WILL BE WRITING TO THE COMPANY & THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAR. Here is the company's address for anyone else who may need it. Good luck.
    GT MEDIA INC A.K.A. GT DIRECT INC
    5455 West Chester Road
    West Chester, OH 45069
    800-357-9213
    web : xpress101meal.com
    email: customerservice@gtent.com

• Al
      21st of Apr, 2008

I've had similar problems with this company. Let's all file a class action suit. I've seen enough responses and problems with this company to know we have more than enough people.

I'm definitely looking into it and won't go down without a fight.

23rd of Apr, 2008

I bought an omlette maker at $8.99 that does exactly the same job.

• Tr
      1st of Jul, 2009

I'm sorry but everyone who has posted a complaint about this piece of ### is a true ###'n sucker. Everyone knows that infomercials are just huge scams and if you fall for it you deserve to get screwed. We all have to make $$$ somehow, and i guess that means that 99 year old hustler Cathy Mitchell just hoed all y'all...ya herrrd?? Now ya know not to fall for dat ###...you suckas ain't got no sense.

• Fr
      10th of Jun, 2010

I too believe this a scam. I did exactly what the first complaint said. After trying to sell me all these other products I said I did not want anything and told them to cancel my order. I kept saying no no no to everything to no avail, so just hung up. I called my credit card immediately and explained the situation. Hopefully they will help me to not get charged the shipping and handling fee that they say they are charging after I return the product.