GSMMonster / Terrible quality products

1 430 Rockaway TurnpikeCedarhurst, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 516-371-2922

I ordered a brand new Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth as advertised on the GSM MONSTER website.

They sent me a used, broken bluetooth that was repackaged in a T-Mobile bubble pack meant for another device. It was missing two of the three eartips and they made a copy of the user manual off the internet since the original user manual was also missing. I was stunned shocked and amazed that they actually had the nerve to send this and expect me to accept it.

I order things on the web all the time and I have NEVER been shipped a total piece of crap like was shipped to me by GSM MONSTER.

They are closed for two days so I could only send emails requesting replacement product ASAP. I will call on Monday.

Mi

Comments

• Ka
      26th of Apr, 2009

I myself have just ordered an lg kp500 from gsm monster and am still waiting for it the mail. I am really nervous to see it becuase i hadnt looked at any complaints or reports about gsmmonster AFTER i made my order. I hope it comes how its suppose to if not im going to be really upset especially because i just got ripped off from another site.

• Ro

Hi Karen R

Any updates from your side?

Didi you get the mail? How did you find the products?

• Ro

Hi Michael

Did they responded to your complaint?
    Are the looking into the issues?

• Ka
      14th of May, 2009

Well I received my phone right on the day they said it would be delivered and everything seemed to be in place, my charger, my phone was in perfect conditions, it came with headphones, a CD, a manual and everything. I was sooo relieved! But even though everything seems to be OK I probably wouldn't recommend ordering from this company. You just never know..

24th of Jun, 2009

If you have received the order in perfect condition, then why not reccomend them to others? I have also placed an order and everything went great. They even threw in a free car charger when I called to check on the status of the order the following day, which was when it was shipped. GSMMonster rocks!

24th of Jun, 2009

i ordered an unlocked Blackberry storm from GSMMonster, i paid for ground shipping and recived my phone in two days. the phone was in perfect condition and everything was there. when i could not configure the phone to use the internet i called and one of the reps spent 45 mins on the phone with me helping me to configure the phone.. not only do they have the best prices but they have great customer service and fast shipping.

• Br
      27th of Aug, 2009

i ordered a tmobile dash just two days ago and im at work now and my dad said it came in the mail . he said it lookedlike a chinese counterfeit version and that it looked junky. im going to see it tonight when i get home from work. im really nervous and i hope theyll let me return it if im not happy with it. what number do you call if you have a problem? i could not find one

• Se
      25th of Jan, 2010

omg i ordered a samsung solstice yesterday before i read these terrible reviews...well first of all when i hit cofirm order it brought me back to my cart. i dont have an account. was this suppose to happen????????? please reply

• Ni
      20th of May, 2010

My experience with GSM Monster has been dissappointing at best. Ordered NEW Samsung T229 phone. When I received it the battery keep turning on the phone and then immediately turning it off and it would not accept a charge. Send back twice and each time they refused the package even with the return authorization number.
    Contacted the BBB in New York & State's Attorney. SBUEYER BEWARE Stay away there are way too many places to buy your cell phones and accessories. When I tried to leave a message their message system was full...imagine that no doubt with unsatified customers wondering WTF happened to their order.

• Li
      24th of Jan, 2011

I read the reviews & went ahead & ordered a Samsung Solstice anyway. The transaction was flawless & I recieved the phone more quickly than I expected through the MAIL!! It was cheaper to spend the $14 shipping fee than the $54 UPS shipping fee! The phone came with instructions & all the hardware & I had a POSITIVE experience with GSMMonster, regardless of anyone else's review.