Grupo Mayan / Scam and stealing

United States Review updated:

They are together now, getting you, the tourist that visits Mexico, to buy a timeshare. I know now how many lies I was told; I can not believe people actually do that for living. Lie and steal from others. be aware that FIA Credit Services (Bank of America) will give you credit but they are actually taking it away from other credit cards that you might have. They just want you to get the debt, the timeshare is all a fraud, so why the Bank of America is helping them instead of protecting their customer. Shame on the sales people and the bank.
Va

Comments

Gr
  27th of Nov, 2008
Dear Erquile,

Grupo Mayan’s primary interest is to provide the best service to members just like you. We regret to hear there has been a misinterpretation in your case. So forth we would be more than happy to address your concerns.

Please contact our Customer Support Department in Mexico City from 9am to 6pm CST. We understand you are a US resident, so you can use these numbers to reach us: 1-866-947-6050, 1-866 561 0710, 1-866 561 0610 and 1-866 561 6540.

We truly thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,
Karen Rose
Grupo Mayan Customer Support Representative.
Ek
  8th of Nov, 2009
This discribes our experience exactly, and it is now one year later - we were in Pueto Vallarto at the end of October of this year (2009). So obviously they haven't changed their tactics at all.
Ri
  20th of Dec, 2010
They have always operated this way and always will. They are still doing it today in December 2010. Karen Rose is clearly hired to make it appear as if they actually care. Either Karen is part of the scam or she is so removed from it that she has no idea how her employer really operates. She should try attending one of the "presentations" and she will understand just a little better. I guarantee she will quit her job if she has a sliver of integrity. GRUPO MAYAN IS A GROUP OF PROFESSIONAL CON ARTISTS - THE COMPANY HAS ZERO INTEGRITY AND HAS NO PROBLEM LYING, CHEATING, OR STEALING TO GET YOUR MONEY. LET THE BUYER BEWARE.
Vi
  20th of Dec, 2010
Dear Anonymous Blogger aka "RippedOffByMayan",

We were alerted by several happy members of your aggressive slanderous posts on at least three different blogs and we want to invite you to please give us a call if you are in fact disappointed with our services. We would like to hear about your experience with us, as part of our daily quest for improvement and high regard for customer satisfaction.

Unfortunately, in the past, we have had competitors or disgruntled ex-employees go online and post similar false remarks about our company in an attempt to damage our reputation for excellence. Therefore, we do require that you call us or email us directly in order to guarantee a response from our team. As you know, monitoring the internet entirely is an impossible task for anyone. However, we are glad we were alerted of your dissatisfaction so that we can invite you to give us a call directly.

Our resorts are more spectacular than ever and our attention to detail and customer care is the driving force behind the loyalty of our members. We host thousands of satisfied guests every week and we measure the caliber of our quality through several mediums in an attempt to improve on a daily basis. In fact, the company employs and trains thousands of individuals that work hard day and night to satisfy each and every guest. We are all committed to excellence, integrity, and above all your satisfaction.

It is through hard work and dedication that we keep our members happy and we don't think of you as an exception. We want to make you happy. Period.

If in fact you are a member or have been a guest at our properties, we encourage you to please give us the opportunity to address your concerns. We take every case very seriously and we will not rest until we have exhausted every reasonable means available to us to deliver the satisfaction we promise.

As part of a team of devoted Customer Care workers, we would like to find out why you felt the need to post these comments online instead of reaching out to us by using the contact information readily available in our company materials and websites.

We have thousands of happy clients that can safely attest to our dedication to our members and guests.

We hope to continue this dialogue by having you contact us directly at 1 (800) 292-9446 or by email at: grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com.

Sincerely,
Karen Rose
Customer Support Representative.
Ge
  3rd of Jul, 2013
The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories":