Grow Rich Stay Rich / false advertising

1 1394 East 230 NorthSalt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

We attended a seminar in Baton Rouge in March 2008 where this company offered classes to attend to learn about investing in the Stock Market. We signed up for the seminars which were to be posted on the interet. We paid $11, 000 and charged it to a credit card. In April 2008 we started looking at the website to schedule classes to attend. There were none on the website except some listed for 2007. We called the company and they said the class scedule would be posted in May 2008. So when May came, no classes were posted. Called them again and they said they would be posted in June 2008. June arrived and we immediatgely
saw one class offered and called to make a reservation to attend--we were told it was full! They had limited seating for 30 people--with people all over the nation trying to attend. WE then wrote the company and asked for a refund. We didn't hear anything from the company. We contacted the creit card company to remove the charge- they removed it initially and now they said they are going to charge it again because we signed a contract. The fact is these people said they would offer classes and they do not provide the classes.

Wa

Comments

• Da
      25th of Nov, 2007
    Grow Rich Stay Rich - Double charging!
    Grow Rich Stay Rich
    4692 N 300 West Suite 250
    Provo
    Utah
    Phone: 801-221-0535
    growrichstayrich.com

I attended their free intro seminar in July and signed up for their $49 3-day seminar. A few days later, I discovered two charges of $49 each. After many phone calls, I finally got a refund. In early Sept., the company made two more charges of $49 each on my debit card again. Moreover, the 2 charges caused an overdraft which resulted in my bank charging me. I complained repeatedly by email and eventually to the Better Business Bureau online, but still haven't received a refund.

• Ca
      25th of Feb, 2008

I had a similar experience with Grow Rich Stay Rich where they charged me for something I didn't order or sign up for. They charged for a web site I never even knew about, $59.95 a month for 7 months. It is still not resolved. There doesn't seem to be anyone you can get ahold of who can make a decision and they don't return calls and if you do get someone they hang up on you.

• Fh
    Provo
    Utah
    Phone: 801-226-1117
    growrichstayrich.com

In December 2007 we attended a seminar in NJ at which time we entered into a Training Workshop Student Agreement. For a fee of $9000 they were to provide live virtual Internet classes on a regular basis and two live classes promised to be held in the New York/Philadelphia area. The virtual Internet classes were provided up to October 2008 at which time no new classes were scheduled and they failed to provide any live classes in our Tri-State area. Since that time, numerous letters were sent and telephone calls made in an attempt to resolve this matter with no positive response. The last communication was received in May 2009 in what appeared to be a form letter. They stated that we were beyond the 3-day cancellation date and therefore had no claim against them. They also stated that they were in compliance with the contract and referred us to live classes that were held over 2, 000 miles away. This is not what we signed up for and certainly we could not have known within 3 days that they would not provide the services they promised. Their letter did not address the issue of new virtual Internet classes and currently this company has provided no further education. Our efforts to obtain the services promised by their contract or make restitution have been fruitless and we assert that they are in breach of the terms of the agreement. Obviously they go from State to State holding these seminars in which hundreds of people attend, collect large fees selling their training courses and once committed, there is no recourse if they fail to provide the classes. Beware of this Company!