Groupon.com / fraud

United States Review updated:

I used groupon for the first time last week. I bought a CVS gift card for 10 dollars and the card is worth 20 dollars. Pretty good deal, huh?
So I waited a few days after the purchase and groupon sent me an email telling me how to activate the new card. The activation failed. Then, without a call from me, they sent me another email. This email gave me new activation information. That password also failed to activate the card.
I called groupon customer service and could not get through. I finally called CVS and they transferred me to another number at Groupon. The customer service person I spoke with did not know anything about the situation. He gave me a third code that was NOTHING like the first two in configuration. It didn’t work.
I finally got into a fight with this guy and asked him to refund my money. The conversation became explosive and he told me that I was inappropriate. He would not give me a number to call back to reach them and he would not let me speak to the supervisor. He finally hung up on me.
I started looking online and found a lot of negative reviews. This is what I should have done before I attempted to do business with them. Now I have to worry about this fraudulent company having my credit card information.
My advice…Don’t use groupon. So far I have lost 10 dollars and more than 2 hours of my time. SCAM!!

Comments

• Da
      4th of Jul, 2015

Groupon charged my client $199 for a service that was never provided and they refuse to give even a credit. That is stealing. I am writing the DA and the Attorney General and every TV station and after that I will sue them as I am a lawyer 35 years and this is stealing in your face.