Grossinger Chevrolet / FALSE ADVERTISING

1 151 East Lake Cook RoadPalatine, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (847) 794-7235

Lalta Nankishore aka "Dick Shore"
Manager
Enviro-Pro PPM
1142 Golden Oaks Pkwy, Aurora, IL 60506

Aurora [protected]
Joliet [protected]
Fax [protected]

To Whom It May Concern

RE: GROSSINGER CHEVROLET LOCATED AT 151 EAST LAKE COOK ROAD, PALATINE, IL 60074

WAS COHEARSED BY FINANCE GUY TO PURCHASED A TRUCK FOR MORE THAN WHAT THIS DEALER ACTUALLY HAD IT ADVERTISED FOR THAT DAY AFTER AGREEING TO A LOWER PRICE WITH SALE GUYS

WAS BASICALLY OVERCHARGED OVER $3, 000 MORE THAN THE DEALER ADVERTISED PRICE THAT DAY.

Is it not illegal for someone to charge you more for a product than what it is advertised for?

On Thursday February 19th 2009, looked at an ad on the Internet linking me to Grossinger Chevrolet, where I saw several truck that I was interested in buying. I filled out a contact form.

On Friday February 20th 2009 received a call from someone named Steve, we talked for a few minutes and I made an appointment to come in an speak with someone.

On Saturday February 21st 2009 went to dealer and met with a salesman named “Jason”. This is where my troubles began. I found the vehicle I liked and wanted but didn’t want to be taken. I wanted a fair price and didn’t mind someone making some money out of the deal.
On that day the dealer advertised the vehicle I was interested in for $15, 976 as a regular price.
I explained my situation to my salesman Jason and my desire to purchase the red truck that I liked. I asked him to check what the dealer was selling the truck for and what the blue book value was. He came back and informed my wife and I that it was listed for $18, 990 that day and he was going to ask his manager to get an extra $1000 off for us and bring the grand total to $17, 990. He also looked my wife and I both in the eyes and said that he himself personally checked the Kelly’s Bluebook Value and it was listed for $22, 900, which I found out after I got home this was not true in all the criteria’s for TRADE-IN vs RETAIL.
We negotiated the payments down to $420 and the interest rate to 22% due to my present financial circumstances. We agreed to this and we were asked to visit with another gentleman named Jason as well. He showed me around the service department, I was happy better yet delighted at this point at all the attention I was getting at this dealership and even expressed that several times during our conversations. After about a 10 min. tour we were asked to wait for the finance guy to be ready for us.
We were called in to see the finance guy, he informed me that the payments were not going to be $420, but rather $516 and the purchase price was $17, 990. I hesitated for a while even paused and QUESTIONED the higher payment. I had already been in there for a while, my wife and I was getting hungry so I wanted to finish up the transaction and get out off there, so I signed for it. I was still not disappointed at this time, on my way out I even asked to speak with the owner and complimented him on how pleased I was with everything. I took possession of the vehicle and was pleased at this point.
When I got home and found out that one of the trucks I was looking at the previous night before which was saved on my computer with the same VIN number listed for $3000 less, I was furious. I know the dealer is already making money on me from the 22.9% interest rate (bank rate vs yield rate). I did not even ask the dealer for a discloser on this, because I thought I was dealing with honest people. But to try and take advantage of someone who is struggling in this economy and buying an auto even more by overcharging him is outrageous.
After I found out I called the dealer immediately at about 7:05pm but had no luck. They were closed, so I left a message for the finance manager. I am honestly hoping that this was an honest mistake on their part and the matter would be resolved amicably.
I refuse to be taken advantage in this way. I am forwarding a copy of my complaint to the dealer 2/22/09 and will follow up on Monday February 23rd 2009 and await dealers response.
2/23/2009 Called dealer, got transferred from one person to the next. Everyone involving my sale is off that day. Left voice message for General Manager. Sent email to several department.
2/24/2009 Called again, spoke with “Jason #2” who apologized and promised to get back with me.
2/25/2009 Still no response from Grossinger Chevrolet, called and still no one seems to want to help. Got transferred to General Managers voicemail box. Left Message again.
Suggested Solutions & Recommendations:
I’d be treated with some dignity and respect for being a good customer taking bad advise from dishonest employees.
Realistic Fact: Anyone on 2/21/09 could have seen your ad and walked into your dealership and asked you to buy the same vehicle listed on YOUR website $15, 976 for maybe $14, 500 and you would have said YES.
I don’t mind paying the dealer interest rate but don’t screw your customers both ways.
Do the right thing and you’ll regain some of my trust back. I’d be lying if I told you differently at this point. Put yourself in my shoes Mr. Grossinger.

Sincerely,
Lalta Nankishore

Di

Comments

10th of Aug, 2009

Last year I saw a "misprint" for a volvo that i was looking to buy, today (8/10/09) I was told that the advertisements grossinger city toyota published in the sun times was also a missprint... It's a sick buisness tacktic grossinger uses to pull people in the door... someone needs to file a claim agains the dealership as preperations were made to purchase a vehicle only to find that the dealership likes to waste peoples time by lying to them...

• Fo
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Today 12/2/09 I contacted a person at Grossinger who said he was the used car manager "Tom". The reason I called was after after doing a search for a vehicle online I found a car that interested me and was in my target price range. I called to confirm the vehicle was still in stock. "Tom" stated yes it was still there I advised I would be in to take a look at it. Well three hours later I arrived at the dealer 6:30 PM. I did a drive through the lot and didn't see the vehicle. I entered the dealer walked to the sales counter and informed them I was here to see Tom regarding a vehicle and inquired the staff if the vehicle was there. Again they said it was. I was also informed that Tom was busy and I was then handed off to another sales person. After the hand off the staff at the counter instucted the sales person to show me the car and other in that same price range. I was then led out to the used car lot and during the walk the sales person says I think that car is sold but we have these other vehicles in that price range. I told him the whole reason I drove to his dealership was for a certain vehicle and not to be swithced into a different car. we have all purchased vehicles before and lets be realistic when was the last time anybody walked into a dealership and had drove away in a vehicle in less than 3 hours. I left the dealership returned home and contacted "Tom" regarding their poor and improper sales tactic just to get me in the door to sell me something else. "Tom" was rude and said well we sold the car and "were in the business of selling cars not storing them" he continued and said "100 percent of our customers are looking for a price and not a certain vehicle". I told Tom I was one and didn't believe that was the case and disconnected the call. so remember the old saying "Buyer Beware" and be aware of Grossinger Cheverolet underhanded sales tactics.