Greystone Leisure and Travel / False promise to sell timeshare after receiving £7000

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

This Company is located located in Malaga, Spain Tel/Fax [protected]. www.greystoneleisureand travel.com. I have paid them 995 euros as a deposit to sell my timeshares. They have phoned to say they have sold them, (6 weeks ago) I have heard nothing since then and they do not return my calls.

Is there a LEGAL route I can take? Plz advise smb!

Tr

More Greystone Leisure and Travel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ca
      11th of Aug, 2008

We, too, have parted with 900 euros after being told that a party were very interested in buying and then a phone call to say that the buyers "cooling off" period was over and I could expect a phone call from the buyers "lender" . They would be phoning to ask which bank account I wanted the payment made into.
    Since then I have heard nothing and am having no success in contacting them.
    As our son is being married next year I think I was too keen to sell our timeshare & was duped by their promises...false promises so far.

• Da
      13th of Aug, 2008

My Grandparents have also been conned by this companyto the tune of £1055. DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MONEY.

• Ba
      8th of Sep, 2008

We payed 995 euros to these people on the understanding that a canadian couple were very interested and wanted to buy.They told us that the sale had dropped through as they could not raise finance We asked for our money back and heard nothing since, e.mails keep coming back, it was the 24/9/2007.

• Ca
      21st of Sep, 2008

I have heard that Greystone offices were raided recently and that there may be charges brought against them for fraud. I cannot confirm that this is true.
    However if they have been trading as a fraudulent company anybody who paid by credit card may be able to claim refund through credit card company. Again I am unable to confirm if this is true but maybe disappointed selllers could give it a try

• Do
      14th of Jun, 2010

i myself paid this company about a £1000 to sell my timeshare.nothing happened... i have tried to claim it back via my credit card company but with no luck. credit card company investigated but could not find any proof of fraud as greystone said thrie fee was for advertising and not a promise of purchase