Greyhound Express Couriers PLC / they want money before they can deliver

London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Your company is apparently being used in a scam involving the National Lottery in England. They claim I've won an awful lot of money and will send it as soon as I've paid the tansportation costs (£400-£800). Can't they be stopped?
Yours
Carsten Temdrup

Comments

Lo
  3rd of Sep, 2008
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH MONTE SAMOALA´S COMMENT, SINCE THE SAME HAPPENED TO ME TWO DAYS AGO . I AM FOM ARGENTINA AND ON MONDAY I RECEIVED A VERY WEIRD E-MAIL FROM A PERSON NAMED MR GLEN MICHAEL, SAYING THAT I HAD WON A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY BY THE NATIONAL LOTTERY .THEY SAID THAT THE ONLY WAY OF RECEIVING THE PRIZE WAS PAYING OYUR DELIVERY IN ADVANCE, SINCE YOU ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THEY ARE REGISTERED WITH .THEY GAVE ME A TICKET NUMBER (5647560054188) AND A SERIAL NUMBER(5388/02) . THE QUESTION IS: ARE YOU FAMILIAR WHIT ALL THIS ? IF NOT, THIS IS QUITE SERIOUS SINCE YOUR REPUTATION AND REPECTABILITY IS AT RISK ! LOOING FORWARD TO YOUR PROMPT REPLY, MRS LORENA DIAZ .
Sa
  9th of Sep, 2008
hi i am agree with mrs. Diaz and Samoala i have received this mail too, i made the right contact until i get to the delivery agency mail and thats you, the administrative Officer Mr. Blake Lewis really exist i have my ticket and serial number too (56475600545188) (5388/02) and i have the same cuestion and comment of mrs. Diaz abuot your reputation. is this true? i hope you let me know soonest as you can! thank you very much. Samuel Ortega
Sy
  12th of Sep, 2008
I am from Pakistan. They asking me to send $ 850 to enable remitance of the cheque of over $ 750, 000. Corruption is every where. Forms are different
Lu
  26th of Sep, 2008
Hello.
I´m from Slovakia and I have the same problem as people above.
Are you familiar with this process?
Jo
  29th of Sep, 2008
Hello.
I´m from Philippines and I have the same problem as people above.
Are you familiar with this process?
Jo
  11th of Oct, 2008
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I have received an email from the U.K. National Lottery stating that i won a lump sum of money. As u may be aware from emails sent by other persons, your company has been identified as the company to courier the cheque. With so many scams going on around. what should i do.

JOSEPH JOSEPH
St
  13th of Oct, 2008
Hi there this is not a complaint just a question I recently recieved an email from the UK National Lottery saying that I had along with 10 other`s that were randomly drawn won a sum of money and one of the option`s of retrieving that money was to have it delivered by courier through your company which they say is the only courier company they`re registered with, my question is are you fimiliar with this process if so? how much would the courier of the cheque be and how long would the delivery process take? hope to hear back from you soon, reguard`s minerve steven
Lu
  26th of Oct, 2008
Is there any truth in this message. I feel it is fraud.

--- On Sun, 19/10/08, GREYHOUND EXPRESS COURIER wrote:

From: GREYHOUND EXPRESS COURIER
Subject: PARCEL DELIVERY INVOICE FROM DISPATCH DEPARTMENT/PAYMENT GUIDELINE
To: lukose_joseph@yahoo.co.in
Date: Sunday, 19 October, 2008, 10:59 PM

(ORDER NO:LB4560017) 19TH October, 2008Dear Valued Customer, Compliments of the day to you. Thank you for choosing GREYHOUND EXPRESS COURIERS for your parcel delivery service. This is to inform you that we are in possession of a certified cheque and a lottery winning certificate which is to be couriered to you. You are to confirm your alternative mailing address to enable us dispatch your parcel immediately. Note that we also do not deliver to P.O. Box address or street corners but to your residence or valid office address.

Please save this document as it contains important information about your parcel at GREYHOUND EXPRESS COURIERS.
Your order number is LB4560017. Attached to your parcel is the original copy of your winning certificate, together with a covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British government stating that the money was obtained legally through their National Lottery along side your cheque. This means that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Dept. at the headquarters of the UK National Lottery. Below this mail is your parcel delivery invoice which stipulates the mandatory administrative charges that you are required to pay to enable us courier your certified bank cheque and winning certificate to you. The charges are a little high because of the comprehensive insurance cover we have undertaken in case of loss, damage or theft of your highly sensitive parcel. We assume all responsibilities in case of any eventualities. The charges can be converted from British Pound to your local currency by visiting www.fxconverter.com Furthermore, you are to choose an option of delivery from the invoice and payment of delivery charges should be made via western union money transfer to our account officer as you are quite aware that we only operate on pay before delivery service for winners of the UK National Lottery. As soon as we receive confirmation on what option you have chosen and paid for, we shall commence the shipment of your parcel to you. Be advised to confirm your correct mailing address in your next correspondence with us to enable us ship you parcel to you. We have received instructions from the Lottery Board that all winnings not claimed after next week should be considered forfeited as it shall be sent back to their headquarter where it shall be reused for the next promotion. Payment of any delivery option you have chosen should be made through Western Union Money Transfer to our account officer with the details below: Name of Receiver: Pamela ColeAddress of Receiver: Unit 3, Harewood Row, London, NW1 6SE England. Note that once payment is made, the receipt given to you at the Western Union office should be scanned and sent to us via email. Furthermore, you are also advised to send to us the details below as printed on the western union receipt given to you where transfer was made. 1. Name of Sender as printed on the western union receipt.2. Address of Sender as printed on the western union receipt.3. Amount sent as printed on the western union receipt.4. Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) as printed on the western union receipt.5. Name of Receiver as printed on the western union receipt. PARCEL DELIVERY INVOICE 1. Courier Express 2. Courier Regular 3. Courier Economy

DELIVERY DURATION 24 Hrs Next Day 3-4 Working days 5-6 Working days
COURIER CHARGES £ 115 £ 50 £ 25
ADMINISTRATIVE £ 210 £ 170 £ 120
INSURANCE (CCI) £ 375 £ 305 £ 245
VALUED ADDED TAX £ 105 £ 74 £ 51
TOTAL COST (GBP) £ 805 £ 599 £ 441
TOTAL COST (USD) $1, 697 $1, 217 $ 908
Note that your parcel is bonded and protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to make any deduction before it is remitted to you. This means that our courier charges cannot be deducted from the prize. This is in accordance with section(13)1n of the National Gambling Act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July 1996 by the Constitutional Assembly, this is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds. You will be required to sign for the parcel as soon as it is delivered to you thus we will need either a scanned copy of your international passport or your driver's license for identification purpose. Please note that if you cannot pay for the delivery of your parcel, do inform us so that your cheque can be sent back to the Lottery Board where it shall be reused for the next edition of the draw as all orders not delivered within the next one week from this communication will be returned thus your urgent reply to this mail is needed. We are glad to be of service to you! MR. BLAKE LEWIS (ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT) Please do call customer service line for confirmation.
Phone number : +44-703-190-7029
+44-703-196-5711 Fax : +44 707 515 8182
+44 707 515 8183
Le
  26th of Oct, 2008
Dear,
I have complain that 20 days ago, I have received an email from Mr Thomas Brown, who is manager of BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS, in that email he inform me as one of their lucky winners in UK National Lottery Online Sweepstakes International Program.My email address (ltlhang@yahoo.com) attached to ticket number: 56475600545188 with serial number:5388/02 was selected which automatically makes me one of their lucky winners.Can you explain for me how can I receive that winning prize?
Sa
  17th of Nov, 2008
hi good day, this is not a complaint but a question, yesterday i receive a message from steven smith, he say that i am the lucky winner of British national lottery, and i have to claim my price to the assigned personnel which is thomas brown...
are ypu familliar to both person I mention... and is that true that I am your lucky winner?
please reply as soon as possible

Mu
  28th of Nov, 2008
i have also recived an message that i have win one million euros is it correct if not then they r making ur service un believeable from. pakistan
Ma
  9th of Mar, 2009
Hi, I also recieved e-mail from British National Lotterie Headquarters saying:" We have sent your cheque and other vital documents relating to your winnings to our affiliate courier company, Greyhound Express Couriers.
They charge between 441 Pound Sterling to 805 Pound Sterling for the shipping of the UK National Lottery'winnings. It all depends on your location and how fast you want it to be delivered. Below are the options.
Courier Express...£805(24 hrs delivery)
Courier Regular...£599 (3-4 days delivery)
Courier Economy..£441 (6-7 days delivery)
They offer pay before delivery service ( PBD) for winners of the UK National Lottery winners. This is a result of the risk involved in delivering a parcel that contains a cheque of such a high value of money written on it.
Note that this amount cannot be deducted from your winnings because of the hard cover insurance that covered it.
Attached to this mail is a copy of your winning certificate that was obtained from the UK Gaming Control and sent to the courier company.
See below the contact information of the administrative officer. You are advised to act accordingly.
Mr. Blake Lewis
Administrative Officer
Tel: +44 703 196 9670
+44 703 196 9671
+44 703 196 9672
Email: dispatch_greyhound@bnl-board.com

You are expected to furnish them with your telephone number and full mailing address details for delivery purpose."

Pleas let me know if this is real. Thank you. Marioara Rob
Tr
  16th of Apr, 2009
I'm Tran Van Cuong, i'm Vietnamese
I also recieved e-mail from HYUNDAI AUTOMOBILE CLAIMS DEPARTMENT saying: "In the final draw of 11th day of April 2009 Your e-mail address attached to Ticket Number: 8603775966738 with the following Winning Numbers:6, 18, 40, 43,
47, 49, 32 (bonus no.32) has won you £500, 000.00 G.B.P. (Five Hundred thousand Great British Pounds) in the ongoing HYUNDAI AUTOMOBILE 2009 awareness program
lottery.
You are to contact Mr.Rice Cooke the fiduciary agent via email (hyundaidept22@hotmail.co.uk) Tel: +44-703-5979-396 with the information stated below to validate your claims:

1.FULL NAMES OF BENEFICIARY:
8.MARITAL STATUS:
9.AMOUNT WON:
10.WINNING EMAIL:
11.NATIONALITY:
N.B. Your response should be sent to (hyundaidept22@hotmail.co.uk) as email sent to any other address will not be attended to".
and then
Tel: +44 703-591-5362

OUR UKL/74-A0802742007
Date: 16th April 2009
Attn: Tran Van Cuong,

Welcome to UNIVERSAL AIR EXPRESS COURIER .

We are a private delivery company that ensures safe, sound and secured delivery of your parcels, making sure you get them at when expected. Please fill the shipment Schedule Form below and choose from the Delivery Options below as well for a safe and perfect delivery of your package. The original copy of your certified cheque, certificate and other Winning Item will be delivered to you as soon as we get a response from you.

As soon as you submit this form we will pick your package up from your requested location for delivery, which will commence as soon as you make your payments for delivery charges to help us settle your VAT, insurance and other charges involved . Please kindly fill in the information below accurately to help us deliver your package as these will be used to contact you when your package arrives your country;

PLEASE FILL THE DELIVERY SCHEDULE FORM BELOW

INSURANCE (CCI) £375 £305 £245
VALUED ADDED TAX £105 £74£51
TOTAL COST (GBP) £805 £599£441
TOTAL COST (USD)$1, 279$901$745

You are to remit fees for the delivery of any option you have choosen directly to our account officer via western union money transfer with the information below before we can deliver the parcel.

Receiver's Name: BELINDA STEVENSON
Receiver's Address: Unit 3, Harewood Row, London NW1 6SE England.

Note: that we do not accept cash on delivey (C.O.D) and you will have to make the payment before we shall give your your Airway Bill Numbers, Account Code and Password to log on to our tracking website www.uacl.co.uk to know the status of your delivery.

Endeavour to send the details in the payment receipt/slip as well as scan copy of the receipt/slip for payment acknowledgement and easy pick up of the fees so as to enhance prompt delivery to your contact delivery address.

Sender's Name:...

Sender's Address:...

Money transfer control numbers (M.T.C.N.):...

Note that your parcel is bonded and protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to make any deduction before it is remitted to you. This means that our courier charges cannot be deducted from the prize. This is in accordance with section(13)1n of the National Gambling Act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July 1996 by the Constitutional Assembly, this is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds. Send your response to indicate your collection within the next 24hrs, because you only have 10 working days to claim this check BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED TIME BEFORE FUNDS LIQUIDATION and after this period, your cash prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by you and will be reused in the drawings of the next edition as informed from your Lottery Promoter.
now i don't know what to do!
please help me
i think thatthing is not really. it fool!!
Li
  26th of May, 2009
Hola soy de Venezuela, y esto me parece una total y espelusnante estafa de parte de esta gente, yo tambien recibi el mismo mail anexo al pies y si algo me gane bueno que me lo manden no pienso pagar nada por algo que no pedi...

Liz

BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
28 TAN FIELD ROAD, CROYDON, LONDON,
UNITED-KINGDOM.
27-05-2009
Tel:+4470318743
+447031903483

ATTN: Liz Mary Maldonado Leon,

Good day to you. In regards to your last mail to us, We have sent your cheque and other vital documents relating to your winnings to our affiliate courier company, Greyhound Express Couriers.
It is important to note that services rendered by this courier company are to be paid for by you and not the Lottery Board. Greyhound Express Couriers does operate on Pay before delivery (P.B.D) service to winners of the UK National Lottery thus they shall not commence delivery until they are paid. Attached to this email is a copy of your winning certificate that was obtained from the UK Gaming Control and sent to the courier company.
See below the contact information of the administrative officer and the payment options.

Mr. Blake Lewis
Administrative Officer
Tel: +44 703 1907029
+44 703 196 5711
Fax: +44 707 515 8182
+44 707 515 8183
Email: info@greyhoundxpresscourier.com

Courier Express...£805 ( 24 Hours )
Courier Regular...£599 ( 3-4 Working Days )
Courier Economy..£441 ( 5-6 Working Days )

You are expected to furnish them with your winning certificate, telephone number and full mailing address details for delivery and confirmation purpose.
You are advised to act accordingly.

Sincerely yours,
Mr. Garry Baldwin

© Copyright 1994-2009 The U.K. National Lottery Inc.
Gi
  19th of Nov, 2009
Boy these guys really get around!

I'm from Canada, and so far, I have received e-mails from two sources "verifying" my win of over 900, 000 British Pounds. I was sent a hyperlink that led me to a page with a form that asked for my name and address. I figure since people can google that anyway, it's pretty harmless. I since received an e-mail with a scan of my "winners certificate" and was advised to keep in touch with their courrier people. The e-mail address provided was at grey-houndexpress.co.uk. I just about fell for it. I e-mailed the "director" to ask how long deliver would take.
Now I know what to expect! I suppose the next thing will be an e-mail informing me that they are a "pay before delivery" operation, and all that nonsense about delivery charges not being able to be deducted from my winnings etc.
MAN! I could have REALLY used the money. Thank goodness I didn't provide any banking info, or driver's licence number or that kind of thing. Thanks to everyone else on this site for exposing this nonsense before it did me any serious harm.