Greyhound Express Courier / scam

1 Angola Review updated:

At least i received a copy of a winning certificate, what about you guys?

British national lottery headquarters:
28 tan field road, croydon, london,
United-kingdom.
03-09-2008
Tel:+[protected]

Attn: dennis joel miranda king,

Good day to you. in regards to your last mail to us, we have sent your cheque and other vital documents relating to your winnings to our affiliate courier company, greyhound express couriers.
It is important to note that services rendered by this courier company are to be paid for by you and not the lottery board. greyhound express couriers does operate on pay before delivery (p.b.d) service to winners of the uk national lottery thus they shall not commence delivery until they are paid. attached to this email is a copy of your winning certificate that was obtained from the uk gaming control and sent to the courier company.
See below the contact information of the administrative officer and the payment options.

Mr. blake lewis
Administrative officer
Tel: +[protected]
+[protected]
Fax: +[protected]
+[protected]
Email: dispatchoffice@greyhoundexpresscour.com

Courier express...£805 ( 24 hours )
Courier regular...£599 ( 3-4 working days )
Courier economy..£441 ( 5-6 working days )

You are expected to furnish them with your winning certificate, telephone number, full mailing address details for delivery and confirmation purpose.
You are advised to act accordingly.

Sincerely yours,
Mr. john cole

© copyright [protected] the u.k. national lottery inc.

Get hotmail on your mobile from vodafone try it now!

De

Comments

• In
      4th of Sep, 2008

I received this mail dated 03 Sep 2008, Wed. Is this for real? Or is this a SCAM?

BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
    28 TAN FIELD ROAD,
    CROYDON, LONDON.
    CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Ref: UK/940X2/68

Dear Winner,

We are pleased to inform you of the final announcement of the
    UK National Lottery Online Promo Programme held on the 31st August 2008. The draw was done
    electronically with several email addresses provided
    to this office by microsoft to enhance the utilization of the internet.
    winning email addresses.
    This has qualified you to claim the total cash prize Of £753, 437 in
    amongst the first ten (10) lucky winners in this category B.

Your winnings will be issued to you as soon as our claims department
    verify your winning after you might have filled the
    payment processing form below.

Payment Processing Form for filing of claims.
    1.Name in full.
    6.Winning Email Address

Assigned Claims Agent: Albert Freeman
    Email;ukclaimsdeptalbertfreeman@live.com
    Phone;+447031969903, +447031969934
    Congratulations once more from all our members of Staff.
    Yours Sincerely
    Steven Smith
    (Online Promo Co-ordinator)

NOTE: Reply all mails to: ukclaimsdeptalbertfreeman@live.com

• Ab
      17th of Sep, 2008

BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:28 TAN FIELD ROAD, CROYDON, LONDON.CUSTOMER SERVICERef: UK/940X2/68 Dear Winner, We are pleased to inform you of the final announcement of theUK National Lottery Online Promo Programme held on the 6th September 2008. The draw was done electronically with several email addresses providedto this office by microsoft to enhance the utilization of the internet.Your email address was attached to Reference Number UK/940X2/68 and was picked as one of the ten winning email addresses.This has qualified you to claim the total cash prize Of £753, 437 in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03. This is from a total cash prize of £7, 534, 370.00 shared amongst the first ten (10) lucky winners in this category B. Your winnings will be issued to you as soon as our claims department verify your winning after you might have filled thepayment processing form below. Payment Processing Form for filing of claims.1.Name in full.2.Address in full.3.Age.4.Phone No.5.Occupation6.Winning Email Address Assigned Claims Agent: Sean WellsEmail;bnl_claimsdept_seanwells@live.comPhone; +44-704-572-7149Congratulations once more from all our members of Staff.Yours SincerelySteven Smith(Online Promo Co-ordinator) NOTE: Reply all mails to: bnl_claimsdept_seanwells@live.com

• Sc
      17th of Sep, 2008

Look out ...scam I think.
    I got the UK national lottery in Aust too.

Check, I would hate you to miss ouit but ifsomething is too good to be true it usually...is
    s

28 Tan Field Road,
    Croydon, London.
    Ref: UK/940X2/68
    Dear Selected winner,
    This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash Prize of
    £753, 437.00 in cash from the British National Lottery Bonanza Draw held on
    the
    1ST of SEPTEMBER, 2008 in United Kingdom.
    We have been sending this notice to winners and this is the final
    announcement date for you to file for your winnings.
    The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
    computerised email selection system from a database of over 125, 000
    email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which your
    email was among the first ten (10) lucky winners.
    You are advised to contact the verification department through our
    assigned claims agent by providing your Reference Number UK/9420X2/68.
    You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information.
    1.Name in full.
    Sir Steven Smith
    (Online Co-Coordinator).
    2nd messge:
    Attention: El Hachtouki Mohammed
    Good day to you. I want to inform you that your verification details has been processed. I must say that you should consider yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our lucky winners in the UK National Lottery Online Sweepstakes International Program.
    As you already know, all participants for the online version were selected randomly from the World Wide Web through a computer draw system and extracted from over 125, 000 unions, associations and corporate bodies that are listed online and each email address was attached to a ticket number. Your email address (hachtouki73@hotmail.com) attached to ticket number: 56475600545188 with Serial number: 5388/02 was selected which automatically makes you one of our lucky winners.
    Your funds has been approved for release and we will begin the process of remittance of your prize money to you immediately you select a mode of payment from the options stipulated below:
    1. We can have your winnings wired into your private bank account from our official participating bank.
    2. Courier options, we can make arrangements for you to receive your winning cheque, certificate and other vital documents through a secured and efficient courier service.
    NOTE: ALL ACCRUING CHARGES ARE DIRECTLY BEARABLE BY THE WINNER AND CANNOT BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR WINNINGS BECAUSE YOUR CHEQUE IS PROTECTED BY A HARDCOVER INSURANCE POLICY WHICH MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO MAKE ANY DEDUCTION OF WHATSOEVER BEFORE IT IS REMITTED TO YOU. YOU MUST UPDATE US WITH YOUR CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COURIER COMPANY OR THE BANK BEFORE AND AFTER COMPLIANCE.
    Below is a brief explanation of the options and its accruing charges:
    To have your winnings wired into your personal bank account, I would like to make clear to you that your cheque will be sent to our affiliate bank for transfer into your personal bank account. However, you will be requested to activate or open an account with them so that your cheque can clear into it for the transfer of your winning prize into your account in your country. The minimum amount that is required by the bank to open an account for non UK residents is not a fee of any sort as it will be added to your winnings when the transfer is been made since it is just an initial account opening balance. As soon as you activate your account with them, your pin number and your account number will be given to you and you will start the transfer of your winnings immediately. Note that this amount has to be provided by you to the bank through any method they deem fit before they can activate the account.
    Regarding courier delivery, our affiliate courier company which is Greyhound Express Couriers is the only courier company registered with the UK National Lottery thus they are in charge of all delivery of parcel for winners of the UK National Lottery.
    It is important to note that services rendered by this courier company are to be paid for by you and not the Lottery Board. Greyhound Express Couriers does operate on Pay before delivery (P.B.D) service to winners of the UK National Lottery thus they shall not commence delivery until they are paid.
    You are advised to get back to us as soon as possible regarding what option you have chosen because the next edition of this draw comes up soon.
    Sincerely Yours,
    Dr. Reagan Kegan
    3rd message:
    Attention: Elhachtouki Mohammed
    Good day to you. Your funds has been approved for release and we have sent your cheque and other vital documents relating to your winnings to our affiliate courier company, Greyhound Express Courier. It is important to note that services rendered by this courier company are to be paid for by you and not the Lottery Board. Greyhound Express Courier does operate on Pay before delivery (P.B.D) service to winners of the UK National Lottery thus they shall not commence delivery until they are paid. Attached to this email is a copy of your winning certificate that was obtained from the UK Gaming Control and sent to the courier company. Below are the options and duration for delivery.
    Courier Express...£805 ( 24 Hours )
    Courier Regular...£599 ( 3-4 Working Days )
    Courier Economy..£441 ( 5-6 Working Days )
    See below the contact information of the administrative officer. You are advised to act accordingly.
    Mr. Blake Lewis
    +44 707 515 8183
    Email: greyhound-dispatch@live.com
    4th message:
    Attention: El Hachtouki Mohammed

Good day to you. In regards to your last mail to us. I would like you to know that this is a life time opportunity and you should think about it very very well before taken any action. The money the courier company is asking for is not what i think is beyond your reach. i will also like to inform you that, the next lottery will soon commence so i will advise you get the money quick and lets get this done with. You can borrow the money from a friend, or the place where you work, pay the courier charges and when you collect your winnings you can pay back who ever you collected the money from.

Please think about it swiftly and contact the courier company immediately. Do keep us updated in regards to your progress with them.

Sincerely Yours,
    Dr. Reagan Kegan

• He
      28th of Sep, 2008

same here too. they gave me 2 payment options but have to bear by me for the service which is soo high. Either bank in but have to open their bank which requires money to open the account & courier which cost around S$1000 for the service. isn't that insane.

i almost wanted to reply them bout the payment options so i decided to do a research bout the company & cam upon this.

• Br
      29th of Sep, 2008

hi,
    I'm french and i also got this message.
    I answered them that my lawyer would take care of the transaction.
    I went to his office this morning to discuss about all this.
    I m waiting for his answer and I really wonder what this is all about!!! I don't really believe in this crap winning lottery

• J
      30th of Sep, 2008

Well considering that we should according to the calculations only be 10 winners, it seems quite obvious that something is wrong here. I think I am number 7 on this complaints list .

• De
      1st of Oct, 2008

i'm american and got similar notification. winnings ---500, ooo.oo (US) on POWERBALL-WHEEL E-GAME 2008. REPLIED AND WAS ADVISED TO CONTACT COURIER SERVICE NAMED ROYAL DELIVERY SERVICE; HAVE'N'T DONE SO YET. VERY SCEP[TICAL THAT IS WHY I'M ON THIS PAGE TALKING TO YOU ALL.
    I PLAN TO CONTACT THE BRITISH EMBASSY TO GET SOME INFO

• De
      1st of Oct, 2008

GUESS WHAT MY CERTIFICATE WAS E-MAILED TO ME--GOOD NEWS
    BUT IT CAME IN CHINESE ---BAD NEWS

• Ya
      13th of Oct, 2008

I received the same e-mail and i'm sure that's a fake company then don't pay for it any money.

if they can send you money before paying it's ok but don't pay him before

• Mo
      15th of Oct, 2008

i recieved also message say i winning 175.000$but i call them but they want payment before i take my prize i dont know how it should take my money and then payment sum of service

• Pa
      15th of Oct, 2008

I also got the e-mail right this too, amd when I ask them if I can send somebody to pick the cheque in there office I did not got any answer from them any more, It mean am so lucky that I did not do same as they want.16.10.08 am from Thailand.

• St
      16th of Oct, 2008

Same Story.First i preferred Courier thru WUMT and i asked in mail why WUMT .asked their Bank Account. after that they called me and told that WUMT is best service. and i said that its not possible for me.and i asked about the first option.still no reply.
    mail id and contact numbers they gave to all. why
    UK never invetigate this kind of fraud companies. it is the very bad name about the country.

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2008

I was no. 4 on their winning list and supposedly won $1.7M! I inquired from their designated broker and next thing was him asking for me to open an account and pay for the processing fees. This is nuts! good thing I came across this site and get to know that there were actually more than 10 winners! to be victimized!

• Ia
      16th of Oct, 2008

i too received some fraudulent emails. i mistakenly replied to one and told me about the courier system. it cost about 800 pounds, which cost about 64000 in our currency. thats more than my tuition fee for a year! and one thing, theres no such location as Tan Field, there is only Tanfield and no building exist. i had my cousin who lives in London to check it out. this is really a fraud. the country must trace it and punish the heartless people to feed on other people's ignorance, poverty and hope! i hate those guys!

• Am
      18th of Oct, 2008

I to have received emails saying I won around $1.6 mill and I replied with all the info that they asked for including occupation, which is I am a full time mother to three children. I am very annoyed that they were still willing to rip me off and take money away from my family that we really can not spare. I hope they dont get away with this scam and hurt alot of people who like to believe that the world is still a place where you can trust and take peoples word that they are honest.

• Me
      18th of Oct, 2008

Hi there...i have also recieved emails from this company...below...marked (1)...and replied the first email then recieved a second email...marked (2)...I have not yet replied to the second email as i decided to do some research on the company/lottery and came across this website...so I am not sure what to do...i am a quite a bit suspicious tho...I am a single mother as well as a full time student and dont have time for Crap...can anyone please let me know what to do...I too am in Australia as most of you here...

(1) British National Lottery, 28 Tan Field Road, Croydon, London.Ref: UK/940X2/68 Dear Selected winner, This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash Prize of £753, 437.00 in cash from the British National Lottery Online Draw held on the 2nd of August, 2008 in United Kingdom. We have been sending this notice to you but this is the last as we are about distributing winnings to winners. The draw was done electronically with several email addresses provided to this office by Microsoft to enhance the utilization of the internet. Your email address was attached to Reference Number UK/940X2/68 and was picked as one of the ten winning email addresses. This has qualified you to claim the total cash prize Of £753, 437.00 in cash credited to file *******. This is from a total cash prize of £7, 534, 370.00 shared amongst the first ten (10) lucky winners in this category B. You are advised to contact the verification department through our assigned claims agent by providing your Reference Number *******. You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information. 1.Name in full.2.Address in full.3.Age.4.Occupation:5.Phone No.6.Winning Email Address7.Country This will enable us process your payment processing form. ASSIGNED CLAIMS AGENT: Mr. John ColeEMAIL: cole4john1@hotmail.comTEL.: +447031903781 Quote Your Reference Number as ****** when you are filing your claims. Congratulations once more from all our members of Staff. Yours Truly, Sir Steven Smith(Online Coordinator)

(2) BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
    28 TAN FIELD ROAD,
    CROYDON, LONDON,
    UNITED-KINGDOM.
    14-10-2008
    Tel:+447031903781

ATTN: ******* *******,

As you already know, all participants for the online version were selected randomly from the World Wide Web through a computer draw system and extracted from over 125, 000 unions, associations and corporate bodies that are listed online and each email address was attached to a ticket number. Your email address attached to ticket number: ***************with Serial number: *********was selected which automatically makes you one of our lucky winners.

Below is a brief explaination of the options and its accruing charges:
    To have your winnings wired into your personal bank account, I would like to make clear to you that your cheque will be sent to our affiliate bank for transfer into your personal bank account. However, you will be requested to activate or open an account with them so that your cheque can clear into it for the transfer of your winning prize into your account in your country. The minimum amount that is required by the bank to open an account for non UK residents is not a fee of any sort as it will be added to your winnings when the transfer is been made since it is just an initial account opening balance. As soon as you activate your account with them, your pin number and your account number will be given to you and you will start the trasfer of your winnings immediately. Note that this amount has to be provided by you to the bank through any method they deem fit before they can activate the account.

Regarding courier delivery, our affiliate courier company which is Greyhound Express Couriers is the only courier company registered with the UK National Lottery thus they are incharge of all delivery of parcel for winniners of the UK National Lottery.

Sincerely yours,
    Mr. John Cole

© Copyright 1994-2008 The U.K. National Lottery Inc.

1st of Nov, 2008

I AM A DEAF PERSONAL IN KENYA.MY PARENTS ARE POOR FAMILY.I HAVE BEEN WORRY ABOUT MY CHEQUE.I HAS NOT RECEIVED MY CHEQUE FROM U.K NATIONAL LOTTERY.I WILL INTERVEIW ENTRY TO THE HEAD OFFICE TO THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ON 17.11.2008

• Yi
      3rd of Nov, 2008

hi I gat a similar message and Idont make my mind about what to do.When I read your messages all I understood that somebody makes a joke to us

6th of Nov, 2008

well i guess all of us are on their "top 10" list...but to me it seems more like "top million victims" list